PDA

View Full Version : Please help my niece with a school project.

Fox-Gal
03-04-2004, 04:29 PM
I tried this once but nothing was working right for me Imagestation or the poll., So one more try.

My niece has this school project where she has to pick a charity, find the fund raising items, research them and then of course sell them for the charity of their choice.

Her and her class mates have picked a local home shelter in our area. The woman's husband has taken very ill and can no longer work, cutting into their funds for the rescue animals.

They found two places that they are thinking about getting their items from. This is where we come in to play. She asked me to post some pictures of their items for sell to see what as pet lovers we would be more apt to buy.

Not all the items are in the pictures, but hopefully you get that idea.

Group A will cost anywhere from $20 to $25
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p6829a1376b726f12bef9095aa2ac757b/f97149a5.jpg

Group B will cost anywhere from $10 to $14
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/pcad21ee6b2f2d84ebf8d77f7056c3993/f97149a8.jpg

Please vote for the group you like best and help her choice. If none of them let her know also.
Also this will help her get a grade on her research of the products.
Thanks

neko1
03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Definitely group B!! That stuff is exactly my style!:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-04-2004, 04:40 PM
I love them ALL, but I think people would be more inclined to buy stuff from group A, the littler things that they can collect. Just my opinion! They are all really cute! I want some.. I've always wanted one of those window thingys for my cats.. :)

tatsxxx11
03-04-2004, 06:42 PM
I like them all, but I think I like the "A" group items best. If given a choice of both groups at one showing, being for a charitable cause, I'd probably tend to buy the more expensive item (Group A) to most help the group. But, she might get more donations with group B! Either way, I'd buy! Good luck!:)

Uabassoon
03-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I voted for group B, I prefer the items plus I think having cheaper items will get more people to donate. I know that when I have people trying to sell me things for fundraisers I usually buy the cheapest thing possible because i want to donate but I don't have a lot of money. But if someone came to me asking me to buy something that was around $20 I don't think that i would.

Kfamr
03-04-2004, 07:08 PM
I say go for both, if that's an option. That way people have a wise variety on items and a price range.

G.P.girl
03-04-2004, 07:32 PM
i'd say group B, i think people are more likely to buy cheaper stuff

lovemyshiba
03-04-2004, 08:06 PM
I really like the stuff in Group A, so that's what I voted.

But that's me personally, and I think she may do better selling the more inexpensive things--I think more people would be willing to buy something around $10, than would over $20.

But if she's coming to me, I want the stuff from Group A.

Nomilynn
03-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I picked B. I like the looks of those items a lot more, and I also like the "cheaper" aspect of them.. with me, I will spend more money on cheaper items, because I always buy more stuff, thinking I'm actually getting a bargain :p

bluekat
03-04-2004, 08:20 PM
I love both groups, but I pick B:)

Fox-Gal
03-04-2004, 09:24 PM
So far it looks like group B, as I told her it would be. :p :p :D She should have trusted me.

Even thought I really want the tent for Brandy. It's only $20, so Maybe I'll just get it myself. :p

Thanks everyone for the votes, keep them coming, if you would, the more people the better it is for her to show her teacher, I would think.

I'm so proud of her for doing this for the shelter, they really need the help. She even thinking about going online and seting up a paypal account and a free website to sell also. She really gotton into this.

Cookiebaker
03-04-2004, 09:44 PM
I'd vote group B. I'm with UaBassoon as far as the price. Also, it *seems* if group B is a bit more practical (ie: welcome mat/picture frame) I would definitely go for one of those. ;)