PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for new boots

sirrahbed
03-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Hubby and I went shopping for a new pair of cowboy boots today and found a little hole in the wall western shop. The moment we entered, we were personally greeted by a beautiful little calico girl - Scarlett. We were in the shop for about a half hour trying on dozens of boots and she supervised very step of the way - even suggesting some boots on the shelves. Of course, she got plenty of scritches and belly rubs from both of us :D When we finally found some, she sniffed and gave her approval! No kidding. She even jumped up on the cash register as we payed and followed us to the door! I wonder how many pairs of boots this lovely feline sells??? There is no way we were going to leave without new boots. What a wonderful addition to a store - having a resident kitty!! AHH!!! I almost hated to leave. Don't kitties add coziness to everyplace they grace??

kuhio98
03-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Tooo funny! :D

Might want to nominate Miss Scarlett as a "Shopcat".

http://www.shopcat.com/

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-03-2004, 08:46 PM
I love it when I go in a store and there's a "working" kitty there. The place I buy our bird food has a big gray guy that always hangs out at the cash register. :D

I do believe it helps sales because I would be more apt to buy something in a store with a cat, and I would definitely be more apt to return to that store again and again and again and......:D

And now you know you've bought the best pair of boots possible because they got Scarlett's sniff of approval. :D

CatDad
03-03-2004, 09:32 PM
What a great store, I think all stores should have a sales cat.:)

I am sure that you got great boots since Scarlett approved them.

Thanks for the story.

Sirrahsim
03-03-2004, 10:22 PM
ahhhh that sounds so sweet:) Is Dad going to bring those new boots along when you guys come visit me soon? *big grin* I love walking into a store to find a kitty. You should tell everyone about the cat from the flower shop where Dad sells his wood stuff:)

catnapper
03-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Hehe, I read the thread's title real fast and thought it said B instead of T in boots;) I was wondering what on earth you were going to say!!!

I worked in a store that had resident kitties. Their names were Redsie and Blackbird. Both are at RB, but they were such nice fellas. I've taken Pouncer there to meet the store owner and run around on the ground. He liked it there - so many things to get into!:D

catlover4ever
03-04-2004, 10:06 AM
My mom and I went shopping last Sunday to a sports shop. I was looking for a NASCAR hat for my husband. As soon as we entered the shop this little kitten came right up to my mom and started talking and rolling around on the floor. The entire time we were in the shop (with all these men around) you here the cat talking and my mom and I talking right back to her, it was too funny.

There is a bird supply store in North Conway, NH that has a sign on the door that says "Please do not let the CATS out". The first time I saw the sign I laughed because a cat in a bird store.....well, sure enough as I was looking I actually found 2 beautiful kitties sleeping among the supplies.

I love a store where they have their kitties to help them out.

catcrazylady
03-04-2004, 10:27 AM
How wonderful!! I agree that animals make a place feel more cozy and I would think that would encourage people to buy. It makes me want to stay and visit the kitty.
There was an adorable kitty that was adopted from the shelter a few weeks ago to be an office kitty. The boss came in and said that the office workers wanted a pet. He told him that if they would brush her once a day and clean the litterbox then he was ok with it. I bet those are happy and productive workers!!! I would love something like that!

catmandu
03-04-2004, 10:40 AM
That to me , is the sign of a good store. And in Hamilton , we have several Pet Valus , that have not only store Cats , but Cats that can be adopted , and that has been very successful , as the Cats are easier to adopt , if they are not in cages!That is such a good mix , adoptable Cats in a Pet Food store1 And Scarlett sounds like a Great Cat!

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-05-2004, 09:22 AM
That sounds like a great store!! I wish it was closer to me - I could cobine two of my great loves - shoe shopping and cat scritching:D

I definately agree with those of you who said you would go more often to a shop with a resident cat (or other animal). My Dry Cleaner in South Africa used to take his pet Chihauhau to the store every day. Even once I'd moved house I continued to schlepp back to my old shopping centre to see "Shakes" the Chihuahua.

sirrahved
03-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Yes. I just love pets at work lol. Just like the beautiful kitty at the florist where dad sells his things:)

There is a hardware store in my hometown that has a dog that has been there as long as I can remember (he's 15 I think) and he's so friendly. He's a little slow now... but still the sweetest dog!

kitten645
03-05-2004, 01:18 PM
There is a beautiful resident cat at the Algonquin Hotel in NY (Home of the Round Table). He's a beautiful fluffy grey that hangs out in the lobby but occasionally takes the elevator with guests! I make it a point to visit him whenever I'm in NYC. I think there's even a book about him. So cute!
The Petco in my neighborhood has a beautiful little blackie that test runs all the kitty condos they sell! I only by kitty kibble there just to see him.
Claudia

rkidsrcats
03-06-2004, 09:02 AM
We lived in Brussels for 4 years and this was one of my favorite places to visit because of the feline proprietor!
http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/BrusselsCat_copy.jpg
He was always in the window. But I don't think he was into opera on this day!

TigerTiger also thinks he's a shop cat. He is a willing helper when Jim is working on his glider.
http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/helpingDad2.jpg
This is Tiger "inspecting" a hole in the wing.
And here he is "helping" remove an old covering on a plane we were restoring. He loves to help in the shop and is very vocal if he is left out of all the fun!
http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/helpingDAD1.JPG