PDA

View Full Version : Scary :(

slleipnir
03-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to post this..sorry.

My sister calls tonight and says Alyssa, my 6 yr old niece is missing or something. Now, it's a long story so I won't get into it but basically she said she went outside to play, and later when my sis went to get her she was gone! So my dad and I go out to help look for her, and it turns out she went to play with a little boy 2 houses down..I thought something happened to her or something because she was really upset earlier and said she was going to run away. I couldn't see her doing so at her age..anyway, it was scary..but shes safe and sound now..

Sorry this thread is pointless..

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Oh wow! How scary! I know I would be terrified if Gavin went missing one day... thank God you found her!

jenfer
03-03-2004, 07:18 PM
That's scary! If I am a "real" mother I will be soooooo over-protective! Not like I am not a over-protective mom to Gigi now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o :o :) ;) :D

slleipnir
03-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Yeah, my sis was flipping out hehe ;)

bluekat
03-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Wow! That is scary! Glad to hear she's beack home now:)

rg_girlca
03-03-2004, 08:38 PM
I didn't and don't find your post pointless at all.
Something traumatic happened to you today and you turned to us for support.
I know exactly how your sister felt as the same thing happened to me when my son was 5. I went to put his baby brother down for a nap and told him to stay in the back yard. I wasn't gone more than 5 minutes and poof he was gone. He did the same thing, decided to go to a friends house. It is very scary.
I am so glad that your niece landed up safe and sound.
It is such a relieve when you find them. Mind you, like me, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. When you do find them, you just want the hug them to death and the next moment you want to strangle them for scaring the daylights out of you.
I hope this brought some comfort to you, by sharing this experience with us.:)
Give your niece an extra hug today.

Tonya
03-03-2004, 09:27 PM
This isn't a pointless thread at all! That is very scary.

I'll never forget the pain. Before Mike, I was married to this total @#*&*!@ briefly. (Named Mike also. hehe) He was very jealous of my love for Jaden. Anyways, one day, I came home from work and go "Where's Jaden?" He said "Oh, he's in his room playing." So, I went into Jaden's room and he wasn't there. I came back outside and told him that Jaden wasn't there. To make a long story short, this ^#@!@#* led me to believe that Jaden was missing for about 10 minutes. I was in absolute hysterics. Words can't even describe how I felt. My heart hurts as I'm typing this. Anyways, when I picked up the phone to call the police, he started laughing and goes "Oh, I'm just kidding! My sister came and picked him up." Jaden was about 1 year old, I left that idiot shortly after that incident.

slleipnir
03-03-2004, 09:58 PM
omg, that sooo wouldn't be funny, what was he thinking?!?!!? I would have punched him! :o

popcornbird
03-03-2004, 11:58 PM
How scary! I'm so glad she's alright!!

When our neighbor's daughter was 1 1/2 years old, she was playing in the backyard, and they suddenly discovered that she had disappeared! :eek: They found that she had somehow opened the yard's gate, and walked out. They spent HOURS looking for her, and couldn't find her. Of course, as parents, they were very distressed. They came to our house all worried and asked if we could help look for their daughter.

My brother got on his bike and rode throughout the neighborhood. He found her like half a mile away, running on the grass, and just about to cross a busy road! :eek: She saw my brother and got so happy, and ran to him and gave him a hug. :rolleyes: He picked her up and rode back home. Her parents were in tears when they saw her, and were so relieved that my brother found her and brought her back home safely. Children..........:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tonya
This isn't a pointless thread at all! That is very scary.

I'll never forget the pain. Before Mike, I was married to this total @#*&*!@ briefly. (Named Mike also. hehe) He was very jealous of my love for Jaden. Anyways, one day, I came home from work and go "Where's Jaden?" He said "Oh, he's in his room playing." So, I went into Jaden's room and he wasn't there. I came back outside and told him that Jaden wasn't there. To make a long story short, this ^#@!@#* led me to believe that Jaden was missing for about 10 minutes. I was in absolute hysterics. Words can't even describe how I felt. My heart hurts as I'm typing this. Anyways, when I picked up the phone to call the police, he started laughing and goes "Oh, I'm just kidding! My sister came and picked him up." Jaden was about 1 year old, I left that idiot shortly after that incident.

How mean of him! :eek: Doesn't he know how sensitive the heart of a mother is for her child? ;) (Ps. Is your previous husband Jaden's father?)

Tonya
03-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Ps. Is your previous husband Jaden's father?)

Jaden was two when Mike and I got together, three when we married. Mike adopted Jaden and he is the only father Jaden knows. Mike and I plan on explaining things to him when he's 9 or 10 but we feel he is to young right now.

ramanth
03-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Eeks! That is scary! I'm glad she's safe now though.

I can't count how many times I wandered off as a child. I claim the majority of gray hairs on mum's head. :D

HoRsELUvR
03-04-2004, 06:33 PM
That is scary.Im glad that you found her and she's ok.