PDA

View Full Version : Help find two missing dogs in Wisconsin!

ramanth
03-03-2004, 11:33 AM
I hope they are found. :(

This was just sent to me :

Stolen/Missing Flatcoat and Labrador

Two neutered male dogs, a black Flat-Coated Retriever and a yellow Labrador, were taken from a fenced yard on a farm in rural Outagamie County, Wisconsin. The dogs' owners were working in an adjacent yard while the dogs played outside. There are no tracks leading from the yard except through the gate and these are not dogs that would run away, even to chase game.
They are both overly friendly and well-behaved. They are the beloved pets and hunting companions of two young boys who are crying themselves to sleep at night.

The Flatcoat is a 2-year old neutered male named Strider. He is
microchipped. The Labrador is an 8-year-old neutered male named Chance. Both dogs were wearing collars with ID tags and rabies tags.

There is a substantial reward for information leading to the return of these two dogs. The owners have contacted the police, the DNR and Game Warden, the Humane Societies and all of their neighbors. Their veterinarian has been alerted and they are contacting other vets in the area as well as radio stations, newspapers and TV. There are fliers up everywhere. The
microchip for the Flatcoat is in my name.

Please, if you have any information, contact me or the dogs' owners. They can be reached at: [email protected]. I can be reached at [email protected].

Permission to crosspost.

Sue

Logan
03-03-2004, 11:38 AM
:( When there are so many dogs out there in shelters, in puppy mills, "free to a good home" in the newspaper, backyard breeders, etc etc etc, why would anyone stoop so low as to steal someone's pets???? I will never understand. :(

I do hope these people will see their beloved pets again.

K9soul
03-03-2004, 11:41 AM
How awful :(:(:(

ramanth
03-03-2004, 11:43 AM
I don't either Logan. :( I emailed this info to the only two friends I know in WI also.

My parents know this heartache all too well. Their Irish Setter, Shane, was stolen out of the yard. Sadly he was found dead some blocks away, dumped in a lady's yard. It's likely he wanted to go home and put up a fight. :( :(

wolfie
03-03-2004, 11:46 AM
That's awful! :( I hope they are found safe. :(

Desert Arabian
03-03-2004, 02:59 PM
How sad!! I will keep my eyes open. I will be cross posting this on a hhunting/fishing (for the state of WI) forum I am a member of where thousands of Wisconsites visit everyday...

EDIT: Here is the post I made: Clicky (http://www.lake-link.com/forums/boards/viewposts.cfm?Thread_ID=23557)

ramanth
03-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks a lot YLL. :)

Corinna
03-03-2004, 03:44 PM
At least by touching all those bases it will be hard to pass them off as theirs if they are spotted.

Shelteez2
03-03-2004, 08:12 PM
I know the breeder of this dog (the flatcoat) through another dog board. Here is a link to his puppy pic
http://www.evensongfcr.com/wabana/strider.html

He was placed in a pet home last June, and that's where he was stolen from. I hope he (and his lab friend) get home soon.

guster girl
03-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Please keep us posted on the outcome, if any, of this terrible situation. People just really suck, but, I'm glad the owners are trying so hard to get their dogs back.

lovemyshiba
03-03-2004, 09:00 PM
I have a cousin in Wisconsin, I will forward this to her, and hopefully she can get the word out in her area.

How sad.

I hope these babies are returned home soon.:(

shais_mom
03-03-2004, 11:20 PM
How awful. I know that there is a 'ring' like that in my very own county. 10 dogs have been stolen in my county. Most of them are being stolen out of fenced in yards during the day. And these are not just outside dogs either. :( I watch Keegan like a hawk when we are outside and she is only out when I am out with her.

Cinder & Smoke
03-06-2004, 05:33 PM
:D

GOOD NEWS >>>>

Originally posted by Glacier

Someone posted earlier this week about two stolen dogs,
a lab and a flat-coat retriever.

I know their owner from another board and
just wanted to report that they are
both back where they belong, safe and sound! :D

Ref: "the stolen dogs..." (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=645707#post645707)

(by Phred)

ramanth
03-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks Phred! :)