PDA

View Full Version : Double Dipping

Edwina's Secretary
03-03-2004, 10:47 AM
aka...monkey see, monkey do

Edwina has always liked to drink the water in the reservoir of the humidifier we use in the winter. At first she would wait for one of us to take off the tank to refill it. Then, she began sitting next to it with an urgent and insistent look on her face.

Eddie, seeing Edwina enjoying the water decided he wanted some too. (Never mind that they have a perfectly fine and expensive drinking fountain!)

Fortunately, the humidifier has two tanks....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p9680e53d39867c9d4f803d2061ef691f/f973cffa.jpg

catlover4ever
03-03-2004, 11:00 AM
That has got to be one of the biggest kitty drinking fountains that I have ever seen. :eek: I thought it was bad when Tigger would jump into the bath tub and wait for the water to be turned on....or if she was really desperate, she would lick the water off the walls of the shower:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cataholic
03-03-2004, 11:10 AM
If one REALLY thought about it...just who is the Monkey here, Sara? The two EEs that drink from the double fountain, or the silly hooman that removes the reserviours for them?:D :D

Miss Edwina must have been a teacher in her former life. She really brings Eddie up to speed.

kimlovescats
03-03-2004, 11:21 AM
How cute! Who needs a Drinkwell, we've got a double-duty humidifier, and better yet ... a very accommodating MOMMY!!!:D

Logan
03-03-2004, 11:40 AM
LOL!!!! I think the two E's are just too smart!!!!! Don't they always want to drink from some unconventional water supply? Mimi will actually sit in our bathroom, waiting for me to fill up a cup of water for her!!! LOL!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Eddie says "Hmmm....this is obviously water fit for a queen. Must be pretty good. I'll have to give it a try."

Edwina says "Good, he's drinking the water fit for a queen. Maybe now he'll get a little more refined and lose some of that street cat attitude."

:D :D

Randi
03-03-2004, 11:59 AM
So that is what your humidifier looks like! Very efficient indeed - for several purposes. ;) Aren't the E's lucky - they can choose whatever they want to drink from. And even together! That's the best part! :D

Fister often calls me to come out in the bathroom and turn the tap on, so the water runs across the floor - and recently he has taught me to give it full blast (VERY exiting!) and then when I turn it off, he starts drinking. :rolleyes:

Vermontcat
03-03-2004, 12:17 PM
The two E's are too funny and too cute!:) :)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-03-2004, 01:00 PM
That is so funny!
It reminds me of my rb cat, Lucy. She always pawed the floor beside her water dish before she would drink. Luke, saw her do that when I adopted him, so he started it. Now, Chester, after seeing Luke do it, does it too. Lucy had been at the rb since 1999 and never met Chester, but I smile every time I see Luke or Chester drink. Her legacy lives on!:D

prechrswife
03-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Saphirah likes to drink from the humidifier, too.

Barbara
03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
If one REALLY thought about it...just who is the Monkey here, Sara? The two EEs that drink from the double fountain, or the silly hooman that removes the reserviours for them?:D :D

That's what I thought too when I saw the picture ;)

catcrazylady
03-03-2004, 03:13 PM
That is soooo cuuuute!! I love stories and pictures of the E's!! They are a hoot!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

CatDad
03-03-2004, 10:35 PM
At first I thought, gee I need a pet fountian like that.:D Then I got to the part about it beign a humidifier.

How often do they demand that you let them drink from it.;)

trayi52
03-03-2004, 10:57 PM
I thought the same thing Bryan did! Must be nice. Grover makes me keep the water running in the tub, just slightly though.

Willie:)

jazzcat
03-03-2004, 11:27 PM
That's funny. I imagine that humidifier would be extremely popular around here too.

Vio&Juni
03-04-2004, 01:47 AM
These boys are easy to be trained :)

Juni can tell you.

catmandu
03-04-2004, 09:07 AM
You are so right , Sara! I just bought a Three Liter Drinking Fountain , for them all , and they still insist on the Porcelain Fontain. Cats! JJJ3 has sent a specaila gift , for HH Edwina!Love is in the air!

tuxluvr
03-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Eddie: You're right, Edwina, thanks for the tip on the new drinking fountain

Edwina: (under her breath) heh, heh..I know mom can't stand this, perhaps if I lure beastie boy and he gets caught in the act.....once again I will be the lone queen of my castle......hey, a girl can dream!

tuxluvr
03-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Amazing what we do as "kitty slaves"....We clean out Ritz's water bowl daily, as she typically finds the night time hours the best time to play "baptize the mousies"...and often leaves them to "marinate" until morning...

We scrub out the bowl, put fresh (filtered bottled because of her last year bout with UTI's) water in there for her, and where does she want to drink? From the bathtub spigot, where she will sit and wait for little droplets, put her paw under the tap, then lick the water off her toes. Occasionally, she will put her head under the tap, like she is taking a "shower" with the little drips..

She would probably use the "porcelain self-refreshing water bowls" too, but we keep bathroom doors closed and lids down when we aren't in there.

If you ever visit, don't put a glass of water down, or Ritz will be there...not to drink it, but to submerse one of her legs into it, ice cubes and all...not sure what that's about.

NoahsMommy
03-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Those two have the cutest personalities! :)

rg_girlca
03-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Can't help but love those EE's. What a cute picture.
My Chipper for some reason, has to drink from the bathroom sink faucet. (none of my other cats have ever done this) When I walk down the hall, he runs in front of me and heads into the bathroom. I look in and he is standing on the sink pawing at the tap. Such a silly kitty as they have fresh water, 2 to 3 times a day.
Go figure.