PDA

View Full Version : Sad

Kiia
03-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Truly sad. (http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040303%2F0349056765.htm&sc=1110) :(

R.I.P furry ones, may you find endless sunshine, botttomless bowls of food, water and treats. You have earned your wings, may you find peace where you now lay.

I don't want to come off sounding as clueless/dumb, but could someone explain if this guy was charged earlier in 2003 how come they don't do routine check ups back to his place? I've seen a show on Animal Planet where they check up reguarly at peoples homes. Is it just for this? Or does it differ from state to state (I'm a non-US resident, so I'm not sure how it works in the US) Is it after a while they just wipe the slate clean for these people? Or are they understaffed that they just don't have the time? I wish I could save them all.

Sorry to sound clueless, but I think if people did follow-ups with people that were already charged, maybe alot of these cases wouldn't be happening.

catlover4ever
03-03-2004, 10:55 AM
It is a truely sad story and it happens more often than we know about. I live in the state of Connecticut and we do not have any one "law enforcement" for the state when it comes to animals. In the town I live in we have an animal control officer who deals with roaming dogs, lost animals, rabid animals, etc....but he is only one person and he deals with 4 local towns along with the one I live in. In the bigger cities like New York City, they have special law enforcement officers (like what you have seen on Animal Planet) who are responsible for the animals and they have the resources to do follow-up on people who have neglected animals in the past. Hope this info helps. --- Meg

CathyBogart
03-03-2004, 05:31 PM
I want to see him charged with the felony... :(

DJFyrewolf36
03-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Sadly, the court system in this country is filled with stupid pidly *explitive deleted*, that I don't think that the guy will get more than a slap on the wrist. I wish more people would pay attention to things like this than what they do now....

G.P.girl
03-05-2004, 06:29 PM
:( that's so sad!:mad:

Rottieluver45
03-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Awww! that`s so sad.:( Who would do such a thing?! :mad:

IttyBittyKitty
03-06-2004, 12:10 AM
How can people do things like that?