PDA

View Full Version : URO-PET-paste: ever heard of this product?

Kirsten
03-02-2004, 03:22 PM
I got it from my vet a couple of weeks ago when Luna still had diarrhea and couldn't eat her Hill's Indoors. I needed something else to prevent new struvite crystals in her bladder, so my vet gave me this product:

URO-PET,
Dietary feed supplement for dogs and cats to reduce struvite stone recurrence and to support renal function
Contents: Oils and fats, cereals, sugar, DL-methionine

Have to add: Luna hates it, and I have to force her eating it (she refused to eat when I mixed it under her food).

Naw-tee Lily-girl on the other hand finds in very interesting, she licked at the opening of the tube, but she would eat everything Luna had! :D

Kirsten

*ABYCAT* Alice
03-03-2004, 03:23 AM
Tess had the same problem 1 and 1/2 year ago and the vet recommended Hill's s/d and she loved them. The problem was that so did Costello (they have more fat and taste better than the ordinary Hill's) but he was not supposed to eat them. Always a problem when one of several cats has to keep a diet. So it sounds good that you get a special product just for her, even if you have to force her.
Good Luck!
//Alice

Kirsten
03-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Alice, I also think it's a good solution. Luna didn't like the s/d diet very much, also, she had gained a lot of weight from it. The same happened with the i/d diet she had to eat recently.
And Lily refuses to eat her own food when Luna is on a special diet, she wants to have the same! So I think this paste is worth a try! :)

Kirsten