PDA

View Full Version : Butterscotch

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 01:09 PM
He passed away at 1:00 p.m. today in his favorite chair. My closest friend who knew Butterscotch was with me.

He is in a better place. When my husband gets home from work we will bury him.

PayItForward
03-02-2004, 01:16 PM
:( *cries* Rest in Peace Butterscotch.

{{{hugs}}} to you and your other kitties.

I'm so sorry he didn't make it :(

If you need to talk.....we are here for you :(

slick
03-02-2004, 01:26 PM
OMG I'm so sorry and my heart is breaking for you. :( :( God speed to the RB Butterscotch. My RB Casper and OJ will be there to meet you and show you the ropes.

Hugs to you.

Logan
03-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Bless his darling heart. I am so sorry. :( Sorry for the sweet Butterscotch, and for you, Craftlady. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rest in peace, dear Butterscotch. :(

jazzcat
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm so sorry!:( Rest in peace sweet Butterscotch.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Steffi N
03-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Rest in peace, dear Butterscotch.
{{HUGS}} for you, and may your other kitties give you comfort.
I am glad your friend was able to be with you.

RedHedd
03-02-2004, 01:36 PM
OMG! :( I'm SO sorry! :( RIP sweet Butterscotch and enjoy your time at the Rainbow Bridge. I guess God wanted another beautiful orangie at the Bridge.

Denyce
03-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I am soo very very sorry. I know how your heart breaks and how you miss him. My deepest condolences.

Denyce

Cataholic
03-02-2004, 01:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Butterscotch has passed to the RB. My eyes are filled with tears, and my heart is heavy for the pain I know you are feeling. Know he is in a better, painfree place. You gave him the loving passage way that he needed to cross over.
May he RIP. Hugs to you, your husband, and your kitties.
Johanna

Randi
03-02-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Butterscotch has gone. :( Know that he had a wonderful time with you! :)

Rest in Peace, sweet boy!

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 01:49 PM
5 yrs this May when we took him in to our house.

PayItForward
03-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
5 yrs this May when we took him in to our house.
Five long years filled with love and affection, not many cats can say that. :) :(

catcrazylady
03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm so so sorry. :( :( http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif I know you will miss him terribly.
I hope you find peace in knowing that you gave Butterscotch five wonderful loving years and you will always have the love he returned forever in your heart.
Goodbye Butterscotch...we know you are in a much better place but you will be missed. :( :( :( :( http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 01:59 PM
He was the most loyal little guy. He hated when hubby and I hugged he had to be right in the middle of us. :) He would show that he missed us if we were gong to long, by barfing.
He loved his rubs. :) Tuna can being opened he was there wanting some. He always pranced around with this tail in the air. So you always saw the white tip go by if you were laying in bed.
He scratch at the door to get us up in the mornings. He didn't know difference between weekdays and weekends. LOL

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. I had such hope that he would be ok. :(

RIP sweet Butterscotch, you had 5 years of pampering, but none of that will match what you have now at RB. You will be missed. :(

Craftlady, I'm glad to see the smilie faces in your last post. That means you are remembering the good times with Butterscotch. Keep that up and the smiles will break through the tears.

I'm so glad you were there for him and your friend was there for you.

:(

catlover4ever
03-02-2004, 02:28 PM
I am so very sorry to hear that Butterscotch has passed. I can assure you that Tony, Cleo and Tobias were at the end of the rainbow waiting for him. He will be in very good company. I'm sending {{{hugs}}} and prayers your way. Again I am so sorry for your loss. Please know if you ever need to talk, we are all here for you. --- Meg

rg_girlca
03-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I am so, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Butterscotch. I'm glad that you were there with him to ease his passing on to Rainbow Bridge and your friend was with you to help you through this. My heart is aching for you.
I pray and hope that you find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace sweet Butterscotch. You were loved very much and will be greatly missed.

carole
03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I am very sorry to hear Butterscotch went to RB, he sounded an awesome cat, with loads of personality, and I am certain he shared a wonderful life with you, I know your heart will be heavy just now, with sadness, and send you hugs from me and the kitty's, I am sure Sooti and little Romeo are waiting with open paws to welcome Butterscotch to RB.

Kirsten
03-02-2004, 02:40 PM
OMG, I'm sooo sorry! (((HUGS))) And it has happened so fast now! :(

I know how heartbroken you must be now, even though you know he's isn't suffering anymore. You've been with him during his last hours, and I know this has meant a lot to him, he has experienced love and comfort before he left, and I'm sure he took all these memories of you with him.

My condolences to you!

R.I.P. sweet Butterscotch!

Kirsten

gini
03-02-2004, 02:52 PM
When you have shared a close bond, deep love and companionship with a kitty - they are forever in your heart - and you both in his.

I was shocked and deeply saddened to read of your loss. I have been there, I truly understand your pain.

I am glad that he was at home with you though, rather than at his vets.

All of us are here for you. Even though we all share in the fun, the stories and sometimes silliness - we are a very close-knit clan when it comes to anyone's loss.

My heart goes out to you and your husband.

halliecat
03-02-2004, 03:18 PM
So sorry to hear about Butterscotch. Tears are being shed in NC..RIP Butterscotch.

Hope you are doing OK (sorry sure you are very sad:( )

ChrisH
03-02-2004, 03:20 PM
I am so, so, sorry. :( :(

Rest in peace dear Butterscotch.

Hugs
Chris

Killearn Kitties
03-02-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your adorable Butterscotch. This all seemed to happen so suddenly and I am sure you are still a little in shock, not able to quite believe it.

He had five wonderful years of love with you. I know it's not enough from your point of view, but it is more than many cats have. Bless you for taking in Butterscotch, feeding him and loving him.

Rest in peace sweet Butterscotch.

jenluckenbach
03-02-2004, 03:24 PM
:( :( :( :(
I am SO sorry that you lost Butterscotch. But even though his life was short it was filled to the brim with love and you will always have those memories.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Miss Meow
03-02-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm so sorry {{{hugs}}}

I still can't believe this has happened to such a wonderful and loving cat.

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 03:52 PM
As we were preparing his grave I kept looking up to see if he was watching from the window. We buried him underneath two windows that he loved to look out from. My computer desk and upstairs perch which was old t.v. stand.

Kirsten
03-02-2004, 04:04 PM
That sounds like a nice place, and I'm sure he will love it.

After my Katz had gone to the RB, I often found myself expecting to see her the next moment in one of her favorite places, or waiting for me when I came home from work... Seconds later it always came to my mind she's not there anymore. These things are really hard! :(

Kirsten

popcornbird
03-02-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm so sorry. :( RIP Butterscotch. :(

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Thank you for all your kinds words. I showed my hubby all the replies and he really appreciated everyones kind words. He said this was one neat group of people. I told him I knew that already. :)

We buried with Butterscotch in the box, his favorite string on stick toy so he could play, a pkg of one of his favorite treats and kept his collar with bell/name tag on so God would know his name :)

He is buried in side yard underneath two windows where he would look out. One was my computer table other upstairs on old t.v. stand. I think I told this part already, I'm sorry if its a repeat.
I've posted on several other sites things are running together.

We are giving Thumper and Skinny extra attention tonight. You can tell they feel the loss. They were kinda wandering around the house earlier this evening. Skinny has settled into the living room while Thumper is watching t.v. with dad in bed.

Tomorrow will be a better day. :)

rosethecopycat
03-02-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm glad Butterscotch had a family like you.

Godspeed to the Bridge, sweet Butterscotch.

catnapper
03-02-2004, 06:52 PM
I am so very sorry. You can at least feel good that he was in his favorite spot and he was happy and peaceful. Lots of hugs to you tonight.

slick
03-02-2004, 07:58 PM
We buried with Butterscotch in the box, his favorite string on stick toy so he could play, a pkg of one of his favorite treats and kept his collar with bell/name tag on so God would know his name :)
I burst into tears when I read this and I thought if it hurts this much for me, I can't even imagine how much pain you must be in right now.:( :( God, I wish I could say something that can bring you comfort. Just know that we are all here for you.

krazyaboutkatz
03-02-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.:( I also know what you're going through because my Pepper passed away last year just short of his 6th birthday.
I'm so glad that you were able to have 5 wonderful years together so now you'll have many fond memories of him. RIP sweet Butterscotch. You will be deeply missed.

shais_mom
03-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I am so sorry for you're loss.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Barbara
03-03-2004, 06:20 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Butterscotch but I am happy he could be in his own chair, with people he loved when the call to Rainbow Bridge came.

And I think it is good that he was ill only a short time- so most of his live has been full of love and fun. :)

Russian Blue
03-03-2004, 07:41 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss Craftlady. :( I teared up when I read the above quote. Thank you for giving Butterscotch such a good life in your home.

I found these words on another site and thought they may be a comfort to you now.

What is Dying?

I am standing on the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze, and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch her until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, "She is gone."

Gone where? Gone from my sight - that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side. Her diminished size is in me, not her; and just at the moment when someone at my side says, "She is gone", there are, on a far distant shore, other eyes welcoming her arrival and other voices taking up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"- and that is dying.

The Rev. Canon Wilberforce
St. John the Divine,
Westminster

ramanth
03-03-2004, 08:19 AM
RIP Butterscotch. :(

Vio&Juni
03-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Such sad news :(

RIP dear Butterscoth

Craftlady
03-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Here is a few days to come, I have a few favorite photos out of zillion we've taken to share.

Edwina's Secretary
03-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Rest in peace litttle fella!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

pitbullmommy
03-03-2004, 10:01 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.... we all know he was loved and will be in your heart forever.you gave him a good life.

Craftlady
03-03-2004, 12:13 PM
A favorite photo of Butterscotch from our kids homepage. I can't post images from geocites they wont allow but I can post a link to it. I just tested this link and I'm getting that error for geocites you have to much traffic come back in hour. I appologize inadvance.

Butterscotch (http://www.geocities.com/craftlady8/kidspage5.html)

Vermontcat
03-03-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Butterscotch.
I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to catch up on the threads about him being sick and this one.
:(
I just tried to look at the link to his photo and got the same message you did so I will try it again later.

Felicia's Mom
03-03-2004, 12:50 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope Butterscotch will meet my Inky, Shadow and Cleo at the Bridge.

R.I.P Butterscotch.

kuhio98
03-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Good journey Butterscotch. You will be missed and never forgotten.

Steffi N
03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Craftlady, I have been able to visit your kids' homepage and enjoy the pictures of Butterscotch. I know you will cherish wonderful memories of of him. Thank you for giving him a happy life.

catcrazylady
03-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I loved that picture of Butterscotch! You can see the sweetness in his eyes. I know you miss him. How are Skinny and Thumper doing?

kimlovescats
03-03-2004, 03:58 PM
RIP dear Butterscotch!!!:( You are greatly missed, but the wonderful memories of you will remain forever!:)

Craftlady
03-03-2004, 04:08 PM
catcrazylady,
Thank you for asking about Skinny and Thumper. They are doing much better today. Yesterday was rough. They did both spend the night with us in our bedroom which is pretty routine event. That made us smile because they hadn't been in the last couple evening. They've been playing together on/off today which is a good thing to see. Makes me smile.

trayi52
03-03-2004, 04:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Butterscotch's passing.:( I know how you feel, it is so hard to lose a beloved pet. May my RB Pyewackett meet him there.

R.I.P. Butterscotch, may you have fun times at the bridge.

Willie

bisi.cat
03-04-2004, 01:25 AM
I am so sorry for your huge loss...he will always live on in your heart...
RIP sweet Butterscotch...

Laura's Babies
03-04-2004, 09:07 AM
It is so sad to loose one of you babies but we all know you did all you could. I like that you brought him home to make his journey to Rainbow Bridges.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=614516#post614516

Nothing can comfort you in your time of grief but I hope this will help.

davidpizzica
03-04-2004, 09:51 PM
He passed away at 1:00 p.m. today in his favorite chair. My closest friend who knew Butterscotch was with me.

He is in a better place. When my husband gets home from work we will bury him. Dear Craftlady, my deepest sympathies go out to you and Butterscotch. I know the sorrow and pain of losing your life partner. In the last year and a half I had to PTS my two darling siamese Thai and freddie. I think Butterscotch will have a welcoming commitee at the RB!

AvaJoy
03-04-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Butterscotch.:( We all are grieving for what you and your husband are going through, but Butterscotch wouldn't want you to shed too many tears because where he is now is blissful. May memories keep him always within your heart. {{HUGS}}

Laura, thank you for posting the link to the verse . . . I am trying to gear up strength for tomorrow when I will be bidding farewell to my Lily, and that has given me some consolation. {{HUGS}} to you, too.

Craftlady
03-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Each day is getting little easier to cope. I still have some moments during the day or evening. We had him for 5 yrs and that is allot of comfort. He would of been 7 yrs old this June.