PDA

View Full Version : Share your favorite dog quotes

K9soul
03-02-2004, 12:48 PM
I love to collect quotes about dogs. I have a huge compilation of quotes from anywhere and everywhere that I have gathered off and on and have listed them all on my Memorial page for my RB pups. I swear I have enough collected to make a small book! :D

Anyway, I was wondering if others here had favorite quotes, and if they'd like to share them. I have a few all-time favorites myself. Here are mine:

- He may be a dog, but don't tell me he doesn't have a real grip on life. (Kendall Hailey)

- The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. (Samuel Butler)

- When Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always." (Rudyard Kipling)

- He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. (Anonymous)

- We have not to gain his confidence or his friendship: he is born our friend; while his eyes are still closed, already he believes in us: even before his birth, he has given himself to man. (Maurice Maeterlinck, from "My Dog")

- "Whatever is, is good" - your gracious creed. You wear your joy of living like a crown. (Dorothy Parker)

- The doors swing open - and her face lights up in incredulous joy. 'You're a silly dog, then. Aren't you a silly dog? I told you I wouldn't be long.' This to a squirm of back, a flash of paws, a lashing of tail, a bucketing rump, a leap and a wriggle and a lolling tongue. The world has come right again. (Pam Brown)

- He is very imprudent, a dog is. He never makes it his business to inquire whether you are in the right or in the wrong, never bothers as to whether you are going up or down upon life's ladder, never asks whether you are rich or poor, silly or wise, sinner or saint. Come luck or misfortune, good repute or bad, honour or shame, he is going to stick to you, to comfort you, guard you, and give his life for you. (Jerome K. Jerome)

- The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me. (Helen Exley)

- A dog has one aim in life. To bestow his heart. (J. R. Ackerley)

pitc9
03-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh all of those were soooo sweet!
I don't have any favorites..... but I think I do now!!:D

K9soul
03-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Angie, every time I see those sweet faces in your sig I want to give them smoochies! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
03-02-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a few. :)

"If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them."
--Phil Pastoret

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
--Bern Williams

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." - Henry Wheeler Shaw

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

My personal favorite. ;)
"A Golden Retriever is love and devotion, wrapped in sunshine"
-Anonymous

K9soul
03-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Awww I love those Julie! I'm going to have to add those to my collection :)

Glad I'm not the only one who collects quotes :D

DogLover9501
03-02-2004, 07:19 PM
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

I love that one, it's been my MSN screen name for the longest time!

Here are some of my favorites! Theres alot :o

"Ever consider what dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!"
--Anne Tyler

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."
--Mark Twain

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!"
--Dave Barry

"Women and cats do what they need to and do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
--Robert A. Heinlein

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
--Roger Caras

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am."
--Unknown

"If you want to be liked, get a dog. The people you work with are not your friends."
--Deborah Norville

I also have a personal favorite;) :p :
"There's no love, like the love of a boxer!"