PDA

View Full Version : Most naw-tee kitty?

catnapper
03-02-2004, 12:24 PM
I see that we have an abundance of Naw-Tee kitties. I was wondering if we should have a vote to see which boy and girl kitty is considered to be the King & Queen Naw-Tee cat.

So, here's your chance to nominate which boys and girls should be voted on. I can post a poll in a few days with the top 4 girls and boys nomnated. No fair nominating your own naw-tee kitties!

What will you win if your kitty is voted as top Naw-Tee cat? The knowledge that you have a very very bad kitty. Perhaps you can take a bubble bath to relax after you have chased him/her around the house... ah, but then you're sure to have a naw-tee kitty batting at the bubbles surrounding you!:D

So let the nomination begin!:D

catnapper
03-02-2004, 12:25 PM
So I'll start.

My votes for top naw-tee kitties are:
Boy = Leroy
Girl = Lily

Have fun everyone!:D

catlover4ever
03-02-2004, 01:15 PM
I'll nominate Kirsten's Lily for a girl and Catnapper's Pouncer for a boy. The two of them seem to be getting into a little trouble lately.

catcrazylady
03-02-2004, 02:02 PM
I also put my votes in for Pouncer and Lily.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

Thank you catnapper for nominating Leroy because he does deserve to at least be in the running!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I would like to nominate Angel for the female category. I don't know if she's really all that naw-tee, but she's got that certain glint in her eye that says naw-tee-ness to me. ;) :D

And it's going to be a tough call between Pouncer and Leroy.....;) :D

Barbara
03-02-2004, 02:12 PM
I want to nominate Filou - e.g. look at the thread Cat Manners:D (Most of the time he doesn't look as mysterious as in the portraits - but he is too quick to be photographed :D)

I agree with Debbie: Angel has the glint;)

I have no idea about Scantynebula's Lily? Or Sasvermont's Juni Rose? Maybe they should be in the list.

Kirsten
03-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Can I nominate my own girl, Lily? ;) She's really a handful! LOL

And I think I also vote for catnapper's Pouncer for the boys... :) Or should I nominate Uniqueviking's Boomer? ;)

Kirsten

RedHedd
03-02-2004, 03:56 PM
We MUST include RICHARD's Eddie in the nominations! :D

popcornbird
03-02-2004, 04:11 PM
I nominate Cataholic's Monte, for the naw-tee boy kitty, and Kristen's Lily, for naw-tee girl kitty. :p

Cataholic
03-02-2004, 04:16 PM
I really have to vote for Kirsten's Lily. She is a VERY nawteekat, though beautiful as she is.

For boys? Well, I do think my Monte is the nawteeist...but, rules are rules, I suppose, and might have to go with Pouncer.

Steffi N
03-02-2004, 09:47 PM
I nominate the heroine of one of my favorite Nawteekat adventures.

K'CEE

Here is K'Cee and the jingly bell (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31265&perpage=15&highlight=jingle&pagenumber=1)

krazyaboutkatz
03-02-2004, 11:53 PM
I'll nominate Kirsten's Lily and CCL's Leroy.:) If I was able to vote for one of my own though, it would have to be Sunny.;)

Kirsten
03-03-2004, 03:40 AM
OMG, the Lily girl is flattered that she got so many votes, even though I told her this is actually nothing to be proud of! LOL :D

Kirsten

catnapper
03-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
OMG, the Lily girl is flattered that she got so many votes, even though I told her this is actually nothing to be proud of! LOL :D

Kirsten

She should watch out or she just might win the title!

Keep the nominees coming! We seem to be short of girly cats... or is it that boys are naturally naw-tee?

catmandu
03-03-2004, 09:49 AM
I neve consider my Cats to be Naw Tee , even when JJJ3 will knock things over in his mad rush for his Whiskas Temptations. Its just that we sometimes have different priorities!

trayi52
03-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Well nobody named my naughty Grover who loves climbing walls in seach of mice, and she's a girl.;)

catnapper
03-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Aw, I'll name Grover for you!

Since I made up the game, I get to make up rules too... so I'll name two sets of nominees!

For my second boy, I'll go with Ripley.

zippy-kat
03-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Steffi N
I nominate the heroine of one of my favorite Nawteekat adventures.

K'CEE

Here is K'Cee and the jingly bell (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31265&perpage=15&highlight=jingle&pagenumber=1)

*cough*Let's not forget this one: Operation Christmas Tree: Latest Breaking News (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=18407&highlight=ornament)

And THANKS for the nomination! :D

I'll post my nominees later... still thinking.

Logan
03-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Not to "toot" my own horn, but I think Buttercup is a perfect "Nawtee" boy!!!! He is a regular Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, being so friendly one second, then so bad the next!!!!! :eek: I know that a few of his "fans" will refuse to believe that he can be that "Nawtee" boy, but take it on my word, he is!!!! :D

trayi52
03-03-2004, 03:58 PM
I nominate Buttercup, since he is so 'perfect' and not such a nawtee boy.:p ;)

aguu
03-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey - what about FISTER????

luckies4me
03-03-2004, 05:08 PM
What about Ewok, my boy kitty? It wasn't too long ago he beat me up and sent me to the ER LOL. :D :eek:

jazzcat
03-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Well nobody named my naughty Grover who loves climbing walls in seach of mice, and she's a girl.;)
Actually when I started reading this thread Grover came to mind because all I could think of was that picture of her climbing the wall.

I definitely nominate that cute little naw-tee girl.

CatDad
03-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Mine actually are pretty good so I can't really nominate them. However, I like the vote for Leroy. Of course the others are good too.

I couldn't make up my mind.:confused:

trayi52
03-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Ewok does indeed need to be nominated! He is most definately a very Naw-tee kitty!

Uniqueviking
03-04-2004, 01:58 AM
Seems like there are a lot of nawtee boys here, lol - My Boomer definitely being one of them.

As for the girls, I have to nominate Silly Lily, lol. I've heard Kirsten's "LIIIIIILY...NO" on the phone so many times, I don't think any of the girls here surpass Lilly in naw-tee-ness :D

Barbara
03-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Filou wants to make sure that his nawtee-ness is recognized properly. He's afraid some might think he's just beautiful;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p2b63ee697988b8a61997333eee744bc3/fc58deb4.jpg

:D :D

sirrahbed
03-04-2004, 08:21 AM
I have a few nominations after thinking back over some of the "manners". It's not all boys!! I want to nominate Mitzi - seems I recall her getting caught red handed eating meowmies cereal right out of the bowl!:eek: She may be itsy bitsy and cute as a button but I think she has a NAWTEE side:D Another NAWTEE girl is Maggie Sue (sorry, Bob, I HAD to do this!) - she swats her brothers just because she can!! And, she makes sweet Pete run from his supper!! THAT is NAWTEE!!! Stubby draws blood but is too far too classy to be nawtee, besides, she is Dylan's sweetie and so I cannot nominate her.
For a boy - I also have two- Sirrahsim's Boomer and Abner. That cute face with the white streak hides MISCHIEF. And I hear all about Boomer's NAWTEE episodes!!

catnapper
03-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Whew! We have quite a list of nominatees! So far this is what I see - please correct me if I'm wrong...

The top 4 girls so far are:
Kirsten's Lily (7)
Angel (2)
Grovewr (2)
and all these naw-tee girls have 1 vote:
K'Cee
Scanty Nebula's Lily
Juni Rose
Mitzi
Maggie Sue

The top 4 boys are:
Pouncer(5)
Leroy(4)
Ewok(2)
The rest of the boys all have 1 nomination each:
Uniqueviking's Boomer
sirrahsim's Boomer
Buttercup
Ripley
Filou
Eddie
Monte
Fister
Abner

Does anyone want to add additional nominations to those listed here? Any more kitties not shown that need to be honored as being naw-tee? I can only post a poll with 4 options... or does anyone else know how to post a poll with more option? I have seen polls with up to ten items listed.

luckies4me
03-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Oh come on, your cats aren't naughty! Mine tore out my eye LOL. :p :rolleyes: Which I might add, is doing a lot better, although it's still a little painful. I no longer have a black eye, that's good! :D

jazzcat
03-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Catnapper - I just saw that you nominated Ripley. LOL!!!!!

I haven't even told the stories from his younger days when he would have most definitely worn the crown. I think Pouncer and Leroy are probably the best contenders these days.

Here's a couple of Ripley stories. When he was a bout 8 months to a year old we lived in a different house that had open space between the kitchen wall cabinets and the ceiling. Every morning after my husband left for work Ripley would want me to get up and to get me to do so he would climb up to the top of the cabinets and knock things off. I learned to not place breakable up there but I kept silk green plants there. He would knock all of them off before I could get to the kitchen to get him down.

When we moved in this house and there was no space above the cabinets so he decided that getting on top of my dresser and knocking everything off it was a good way to get me up. Keep in mind he never did this while my husband was home, just to me.

Also, if I ever left a pot to soak in the kitchen sink he would always get up there and play in the water. I discovered this after leaving a spaghetti sauce pot to soak and we found red paw prints all over the counter tops, floor, carpeting and finally furniture. That boy has really tried my patience sometimes.

trayi52
03-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Also, if I ever left a pot to soak in the kitchen sink he would always get up there and play in the water. I discovered this after leaving a spaghetti sauce pot to soak and we found red paw prints all over the counter tops, floor, carpeting and finally furniture. That boy has really tried my patience sometimes.

jazzcat, that is so funny, I can just see that! Ripley likes to play in water like a little child. You know, if there is a mudhole they are going to walk right through it, not go around it!

Yeah I think Ripley deserves to be nominated!

Willie

LauralG
03-04-2004, 11:10 PM
How about loveable dusty?:) I don't really know what naw-tee means tho.

Thanks Willie

shais_mom
03-04-2004, 11:28 PM
I nominate K'Cee. The jingle bell story is still one I remember!

sirrahbed
03-05-2004, 06:52 AM
I am almost jealous that I do not have any NAWTEE kitties! They all all three rather mild mannered. Either that, or I am such a pushover and let them do whatever they want!! No place is off limits, I am their slave and if what they do is NAWTEE, it is probably MY fault for not putting something away!!:D :D :D Am I well trained or what??:D :D :D

catnapper
03-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by LauralG
How about loveable dusty?:) I don't really know what naw-tee means tho.

Naw-Tee means naughty, only spelled cutely. Its an endearing term put to those cats that are so bad that they're always keeping you on your toes.

Any more nominations? I'll be making the polls today.:)

LauralG
03-05-2004, 09:00 AM
O dusty is not very naughty even tho she demands her dinner on time. Ginger caught a few nasty rats tho and left them at my door step for me to clean up yuky. Thankyou for answering my question. I snapped a roll of film this week mostly new ones of dusty hopefully I'll beable to post them this weekend if all goes well. Good luck:)

Thankyou Willie

Kirsten
03-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Oops, I have totally overlooked the rule that you're not supposed to nominite your own kitty! :o sorry...

Kirsten

sirrahbed
03-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Oops, I have totally overlooked the rule that you're not supposed to nominite your own kitty! :o sorry...

Kirsten

heheheh....plenty of people took care of THAT for ya Kirsten :D

*edit..spelled Kirsten's name wrong first time ...sorry! I know better!!:eek:

Kirsten
03-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
heheheh....plenty of people took care of THAT for ya Kristen :D

True!! :D :D :D

Kirsten

sirrahbed
03-05-2004, 12:31 PM
omegosh - I almost forgot the most nawtee kitty I know!! My grandkitty PICKLES!!! He constantly pesters his very elegant persian princess sister, broke numerous Christmas ornaments, has a piercing MEOW day and night, MUST watch your business as it is flushed and has now consumed a pet mouse George and Nebbie the betta!! (since replaced by Sushi :D )
Now, how NAWTEE is that?? Here he is pictured with his smudged and NAWTEE face:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p5ddae0220dac96e6447ea5155ebcc32f/fa9eb21a.jpg

catcrazylady
03-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Pickles looks so much like Leroy with that smudged dirty looking nose! It must be something about those boys!!

LauralG
03-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I vote for Groover because he is awesome!:)

Thanks Willie