PDA

View Full Version : Haiti, a moron and MORE territory for the US.

RICHARD
03-02-2004, 11:25 AM
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/01/1921235

Again, Maxine "the mouth" Waters produces hot wind
to heat the greater Los Angeles area..

Ms. Waters is also famous for accusing the U.S. government of importing drugs to the 'poor neighborhoods' of Lost Angeles. She blamed the CIA for the drug problem....Not the people in the neighborhoods.

The most amazing part of the whole story is that people STILL vote this person into office year after year.
------------------

Yeah for GWB!!!!

Haiti today, tomorrow Cameroon!!

I like the idea world domination....More Mc donalds and Starbuck for the masses:rolleyes:

ramanth
03-02-2004, 11:45 AM
When my dad heard that Bush was sending troops to Haiti, he just sighed and said, "Now where have I seen this before?"

We're just there to help them build a new government?

Yeah right.

RICHARD
03-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
When my dad heard that Bush was sending troops to Haiti, he just sighed and said, "Now where have I seen this before?"

We're just there to help them build a new government?

Yeah right.

In a Three Stooges short??;)

Logan
03-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I haven't read the article yet, Richard. But I found it interesting that John Kerry was criticisizing the current administration for "waiting too long" to send troops to Haiti, when he is so critical of the fact that we are still in Iraq. :confused: I have done no research on these facts, so take my opinion for what it is worth.....nothing at this point. :o

Miss Meow
03-02-2004, 02:36 PM
I don't know a lot about the history of involvement in Haiti (or why countries keep putting their noses in but not fixing the problem), but it's easy to tell that Waters is a raving idiot :(

Lady's Human
03-02-2004, 10:09 PM
The US Has been in Haiti repeatedly over the years, but it's hard to stabilize a country with almost no economic assets. It didn't help that the last person we helped put back in power was a KNOWN thug (Mr. Jean Bertrand Aristide), which brings into question how welcome our assistance is going to be this time. It also brings back the historical problems with French colonies, which the French never really developed, never set up any provisions for even semi autonomous rule, and essentially just used for their raw materials. (Other famous French colonies include French Indo-China (Vietnam, Laos), Algeria, etc......not a really a list of successful nations)

RICHARD
03-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
It also brings back the historical problems with French colonies, which the French never really developed, never set up any provisions for even semi autonomous rule, and essentially just used for their raw materials. (Other famous French colonies include French Indo-China (Vietnam, Laos), Algeria, etc......not a really a list of successful nations)

And if you eat enough french fries and french toast you arteries will clog for sure......;)

They really didn't have too much foresight, eh?