PDA

View Full Version : ACK!!!! (Olivia, again!!!)

NoahsMommy
03-01-2004, 11:50 PM
She's driving me utterly crazy!!!!!!!!!! :(

We came home last night from visiting wolflady and her fuzzies. We had one of my friends staying here for the weekend so the cats wouldn't be alone. They were all true to their characters in that Noah was the typical meanie, Phoebe, Basie and Micah were the attention hogs and the rest just sat at the sidelines. Not Olivia. She pee'd on the couch on Thursday morning, the day David stayed home to do laundry and get some stuff done. So, he had to pull the pillow apart and wash the cover, and then wash and Frebreeze the spongy part.

Our little note said that "someone" pooped on the couch while we were gone. Nice!!!

Then, we got home last night and as usual, my tummy hurt. So I slept sitting up on the couch. Olivia always joins me when I do that. Guess what I awoke to at about 4:30 a.m.????? Warm pee on my LEG!!!!!!!! There were NO other cats anywhere near the living room/couch or us! (They were ALL sleeping in the bedroom with David...trators!) The pee went through the two blankets David JUST washed, my leg and the couch AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sick of this. I have a million Feliway plug-ins and now I'll have to douse the couch daily with the spray. I have Rescue Remedy in their water bowls and adequate litter boxes and hiding spots. We are now going to confine Olivia to our bedroom when we aren't home, for her comfort and tomorrow she's going on an anti-anxiety medication called Clomicalm.

Its just discusting. No one would know we have 8 cats in our apartment because I'm a germ/clean freak. That is just gross, I won't stand for pee and poop anywhere but the litterbox. I'm not mad at her, just the situation.

Grrrrrr!!! Don't worry, I'm just venting, not doing anything other that what I've said above. But I worry because Phoebe also has her little pee preferences, but I've curbed that by not having ANYTHING on the floor and making sure her box is alway clean and fresh. I worry because David keeps saying he doesn't want to deal with this, that we should find homes for Phoebe and Samson. But I can't....they are in my heart forever.

GRRRRRRRR!!!! :(

rg_girlca
03-02-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time with Olivia. Obviously you are doing everything you can to remedy the problem. I hope by you confining her in a room will help the situation.
I don't blame you for wanting to vent.
All the best to you.

shais_mom
03-02-2004, 12:19 AM
OH Kelly!!
I am so sorry you are dealing with this.
I am no expert in kitty behaivor so I am no help whatso ever there but do offer my support. {{hugs}}
Would Livvy do better in as a single cat home or with less kitties?
I know rehoming her, Sampson or Phoebe would be like cutting of your leg or arm (maybe that would be easier!!) but is she getting stressed from the other cats?
It's ok to vent!!! Advice can come from those who have multiple kitties which leaves me out!!!
PM if you need to talk!

catcrazylady
03-02-2004, 06:08 AM
I would be very upset too! It is so hard when you love them so much and they do things like that. We certainly understand the venting. We know how much you love them and how hard you have tried to work this out. It's ok to be mad at them and the anger won't last long. They always do something cute to make you get over it!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
I hope this medicine will finally be the answer for you. Good luck and keep us posted on how its going.

jenluckenbach
03-02-2004, 06:09 AM
I was just going to ask about Olivia. Sorry to hear that it is bad news. I don't want to question your inteligence here, but are you certain that it is not medical?

catmandu
03-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Jen is right on , sometimes Cats have bladdr troubles , and cant help peeing in the wrong spot. I went through that with Smoke , and once she was on medication , she was fine! Found Cats love Olivia , and her Friends! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!

NoahsMommy
03-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the support, guys. :)

Deep down, I know we should re-home Olivia. My problem is that she's hard to place at almost 8 years old. It was hard enough finding homes for the kittens.

She's been on her meds for two days and she seems calmer. I'm thinking of putting Noah on them too. We'll see.

NoahsMommy
03-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I was just going to ask about Olivia. Sorry to hear that it is bad news. I don't want to question your inteligence here, but are you certain that it is not medical?
At least a month ago, I took Livvy to work with me and they did lots of tests on her (blood, urine, x-ray & ultrasound) and only found a UTI and that wierd lump on her liver. The pooping on the couch is medically unrelated. Not that I wish it was, but it would be fixed easier.

I hate this stuff. I annoys me cleanly wise....ewww! But I hate that she's that unhappy to do that. :(

jazzcat
03-07-2004, 12:44 PM
I just now saw this thread. I'm sorry that Olivia is still so stressed and having problems. I really hope this medication will help calm her, it sounds promising so far. Best of luck.

Nomilynn
03-07-2004, 02:20 PM
If it is behaviour, maybe try getting a new foamie for that cusion on the couch. It could just be that she can still smell it there, and is marking territory.

Have you asked your vet about amitriptyline? It works great for Bassett when she gets in her "p*ssy" moods :p

I hope you can work it all out

PayItForward
03-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Kelly,

How are things going with Olivia ?

krazyaboutkatz
03-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having problems with Olivia again.:( Hopefully the new meds will work and she'll be a lot happier and calmer. Good luck and please keep us updated when you can.

NoahsMommy
03-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Anyone want a cat??? ;)

We pulled the couch cushions off the couch so we could wash the covers and the foam part smells too! Ack!! My house has never smelled until now and its NOT OK!!!!! I don't know how to clean those foam things...any ideas?

I had to throw away one of my favorite sweaters because I found it covered in pee! :mad: I tried washing it but it is stained too badly. :(

As far as meds, Livvy is on something called Clomipramine. Anyone know anything about that?

I don't think I'd be as mad if we had our own washer/dryer. We live in an apartment and we have to drive to ours. (I wont lift stuff that far...I'm all princessy.)I know I shouldn't be mad at her, it isn't her fault she's upset. I feel bad she's not happy, but dude, I don't do well with icky things and smells in my own home!

OK...done venting for now....

shais_mom
03-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh Kelly, If I lived closer and if Livvy got along with dogs I would take her!! I have a weak spot for black kitties and calicoes.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

micki76
03-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
We pulled the couch cushions off the couch so we could wash the covers and the foam part smells too! Ack!! My house has never smelled until now and its NOT OK!!!!! I don't know how to clean those foam things...any ideas?

Soak it with Simple Solution or Nature's MIracle and let it dry naturally and completely. If you even think you can still smell urine, repeat the process.

I'm so sorry you're having these problems. I can sympathize, I'm a neat freak too and Chester marks the area where Aneko sleeps at least once a week. We've ripped out our carpet and replaced it with padless carpet. (Much easier to deal with)

I buy a lot of Simple Solution. :rolleyes:

kitten645
03-08-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm a softy when it comes to blackies...my boys are such angels. Even when the muter isn't good about scoopin or being away for a couple of days they are the best. Of course draws are opened and stuff spilled as a show of disapproval but I'd do the same..LOL Livvy please behave as you meowmie loves you so and couldn'd bear to part with you. Nawtie baby girl.You need to stick to your box and pee where you should...best wishes and paws crossed
Calvin & Hobbes (fellow blackies)

IttyBittyKitty
03-08-2004, 01:36 AM
We've had all manner of trouble with Pixel not pooping where she is supposed to!! And I had a cat once that would do big sloppy ones under the bed where we couldn't get at them or, even worse, on the covers while I was under them! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Good luck, perseverance is the key in these situations...