PDA

View Full Version : Peanut has a new Friend

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi all, I'm still getting caught up on the posts from the weekend, but I wanted to post this before I left work today.

And no, unfortunately it's not a kitty friend - I only wish.

A few weeks ago I gave Terry a smiley face balloon for his birthday. Friday he was starting to hang a little low, so I cut him free and he's been floating around the house ever since. It's so funny because you see him in one spot now, then 10 minutes later you look and he's floated somewhere else. Saturday it was rather warm, so he spent the day stuck to the ceiling.

Then Saturday night we got a movie and were really into it when Terry happened to glance over to the railing of the loft.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p1cf75e39058297042af019e7ff3d7756/f978c1c3.jpg

Yep, Mr. Smiley had wafted up and wanted to watch the movie with us. :D Peanut had spent the whole movie so far on my lap (which never happens :eek: ) but when she saw Mr. Smiley she had to go check it out. (unfortunately the camera wasn't fast enough because it had to regenerate after the flash). She went over and sniffed him and pushed him away a little. Here she is walking back over to the couch.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/pced9116551cae2fc6ee679532cd37c4c/f978c1c0.jpg

But Mr. Smiley was unintimidated. He hung out for the rest of the movie.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/pfdabd8facbb787f47dc75e326ac9cc68/f978c1bf.jpg

Then later on when we were getting ready for bed, I noticed he had found Peanut again and was watching over her.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p576235d34ffc56891deb81851cfb875e/f978c0d8.jpg

He stayed in the same spot protecting her all night.....although she must have got tired of having somebody watching her because she eventually climbed in bed with me. :D

This morning he was following her around and she would occassionally sniff at him. Every now and then we have to cut more of his tale off so he doesn't get too weighed down - and this morning he got stuck in the air intake for the furnace! :eek: I had to rescue him from that awful fate. :D

kimlovescats
03-01-2004, 05:12 PM
TOO CUTE!!! Looks like Mr. Smiley has become a new family member!!! hehe!!

P>S>.... I'll have to say, I did feel a bit let down when it wasn't a purring friend!!!:eek:

Russian Blue
03-01-2004, 05:34 PM
I can't stop laughing at those pics! I'm sure Nakita would be scared if that thing followed her around the house.

With my memory, I'd forget about the balloon and freak out every so often when I'd see it around some corner!

catland
03-01-2004, 05:34 PM
cute - in a sort of creepy kind of way:) ;) (Mr. Smiley, not Peanut:D )

kuhio98
03-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Toooo cute! Kinda reminds me of Tom Hanks' friend "Wilson" the soccer ball. Peanut has a buddy.

My kitties would have launched themselves at it and popped that sucker by now. Peanut has very good manners.

RedHedd
03-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Aww Peanut! So cute with her new "friend." My RB Goldie would have grabbed the tail and dragged it all over the house. Don't know what my new two would have done - probably ignored it :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Does anyone blow soap bubbles for their kids???:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
With my memory, I'd forget about the balloon and freak out every so often when I'd see it around some corner!

That happens! It was floating about the 5'-6' height yesterday. Terry walked out of the bedroom and got a surprise 'cause "he" was right there - waiting. Then tonight, I had to cut another piece off his tail 'cause he was hanging kind of low again. After I did that, he popped right up and was spying on Terry over the railing of the loft. :D It's just so hilarious waiting to see where he turns up.

And yes, Terry had called him Wilson when he first appeared by the railing in the first pic. :D

Pam
03-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Too cute! I think, to me anyway, the most amazing picture is the one with a vase of flowers on the table undisturbed by kitties! I simply cannot have flowers (real or fake) anywhere near Trevor or Andy. They can't keep their curious little paws and/or teeth off them! :rolleyes:

catcrazylady
03-02-2004, 05:43 AM
ROFLOL!!! How cute!! I bet you are going to miss Mr. Smiley when he finally hits the floor!
I really needed a boost this morning and these pictures gave me the smile I needed!!

Thanks Mr. Smiley :) :) :) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

catnapper
03-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Aw, such a nice friend she is! Pouncer would have killed his new friend. He could have sat on the back of the couch and waited for it to waft by and then *poof* balloon and kitty would be rolling around on the floor... this would be repeated until the balloon had no fight left in him. But that is the difference between guys and girls, huh? We girls are non-violent and want new friends, where guys, well, they are leery of anybody new on their turf.:D

Logan
03-02-2004, 07:46 AM
How funny, Debbie!!!! I have a good mental picture of Peanut and that balloon even if you couldn't catch the whole thing on camera! :)

Speaking of balloons.....Yesterday morning, I was working, and I heard my dogs going nuts outside (Honey and Zipper). Lilly was inside, but she was barking too. I just knew there must be some dog wandering outside of our fence, or something. But I knew I had to get them to calm down so they wouldn't disturb our neighbors. I went outside, and the culprit ended up being a Mylar balloon, a red heart, that had sort of landed right outside the fence. They were about to have a stroke over it (reminiscent of Honey losing it over a plastic grocery bag that blew over into my neighbors yard, years ago). I walked around the outside of the fence, got the balloon and showed it to all three of them over the fence. Honey immediately bit it and popped it!! :D That was the end of all the excitement!!! LOL!!!!!

Tell Peanut that she was in good company!!! :)

ramanth
03-02-2004, 08:28 AM
LOL!!! Zam loves to grab the 'tails' of balloons and drag them all around. :D

Cute pics. :)

What does Tubby think?

slick
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
:D :D :D That's so cute, a smiley balloon watching over the household and making sure everything is all right with the world. Wouldn't draw much attention around here, I'm afraid.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks everybody. :D

Tubby could care less, as usual. He get "that" look in his eye for about a second when the string was dragging on the floor, but that didn't last long at all. :rolleyes: :D

He was hanging kinda low again this morning, but hopefully all the nice sunshine is warming him up and helping climb a little higher today. I don't know how much longer he's got. :( :D

jazzcat
03-02-2004, 11:02 AM
That is so funny. I love that she isn't afraid. I think Ripley would be terrified of it.

Barbara
03-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Tigris would be terrified. But I guess Peanut thinks it's an indoor sun just for her:D

rg_girlca
03-02-2004, 03:04 PM
That is so cute. I don't know how my guys would react to that. Guess I will have to buy one and find out.:)

Yes RICHARD, I blow bubbles for my kitties. If fun to watch them chase them.

popcornbird
03-02-2004, 03:19 PM
That is HILARIOUS!!! So funny, and so cute!!! Hope Peanut's balloon friend lasts a while! :D

Vermontcat
03-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Peanut and her new friend are so cute together!:)
I have the perfect greeting card for you Peanut!
SMILE (http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.com/display.pd?path=40946&bfrom=1&prodnum=3015493&)

We have had many mylar balloons over the years and they usually choose to follow my kids around rather than the cat.
Samantha doesn't seem too bothered by balloons but T-bird will freak out because she hates when something floats over her cage!:eek: