PDA

View Full Version : Ripley had a bad day - yearly vet visit

jazzcat
03-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Today was Ripley's yearly vet visit and boy he did not want to go. On the way over he screamed bloody murder and peed all over the blanket I had put in the carrier for him. He hissed at me every time I had to stop at a red light or stop sign. Finally at the vet they helped me clean up the carrier (and him). He was so grumpy. He growled when he got his shots but he was good for the examination. He didn't make a sound on the way back home and now he is acting so weird. I'm afraid he is plotting where he is going to spray in the house as soon as he refuels his bladder.:(

He's never liked going but he had mellowed out over the years and had quit acting so badly. Today was almost like the first time I took him many years ago and he attacked the vet tech.

I am thankful he got a clean bill health. After reading the sad news about Butterscotch and PIF's Bob I feel kind of bad even talking about this. They're in my prayers.

I'm such a bad meowmie making Ripley go today because tomorrow is his 12th birthday. Hopefully tomorrow will be a happier day for him.

Steffi N
03-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Ripley, you NAWTEEKAT.
Spraying, Don't even THINK about it.
Jazzcat, I am glad your boy is healthy. Perhaps some extra treats and cuddles will allay any plans for mischief.

CatMama78
03-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Oh I do feel for you! :( But at least you have peace of mind and I'm so happy your cat has a clean bill of health. My babies have an annual visit very soon and I am fretting about it. While they were very good last eyar, that was when I first got them and they hadn't had a chance to settle in to their new home. But now that it's been a year and they've been quite sheltered, I'm afraid they might freak out at the vet. But it's for their own good and it's worth one day of uncomfortableness for the kitties to make sure they are healthy.

kimlovescats
03-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh Ripley Big Guy.... it's all over now, you just settle down and make mom spoil you extra good on your birthday!!!!:)

Killearn Kitties
03-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Aww, mean meowmie, making you go to the vet in your birthday week!! But we'll enjoy your birthday all the more knowing what a healthy boy you are!!

jazzcat
03-01-2004, 05:00 PM
I forgot to add that Ripley has lost a little weight. He is now only 17.6 pounds. That's almost thin for my big boy. The vet was pleased.

jenluckenbach
03-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Maybe he was just mad because he had to go pee-pee!

And don't feel guilty about a good check up, we ALL need some good news today.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Yeah Ripley! A big healty boy about to turn 12 years old. Can't feel guilty about that! :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-01-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm so glad that Ripley received a clean bill of health.:) He couldn't have been any worse at the vets than my Cirrus. At least he didn't bite the vet like Cirrus did.
I'm sure he'll forgive you tomorrow when you celebrate his 12th birthday and give him lots of treats and attention.:)

NoahsMommy
03-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Poor Ripley, poor you!

Working at a vet, we see lots of scared animals and its totally normal. My cats aren't used to the vet and they loathe it. They aren't themselves while there and it kind of embarresses me when they do things like bite and hiss the tech or the vet. :( But....its normal and they are used to things like that, so don't worry too much.

I'm glad he's healthy. :)

catmandu
03-02-2004, 09:18 AM
JJJ3 has never , never liked going to the Vets , but tries to be a helpful Cat , by providing ,for free a Stool Sample! Fresh! PU! JJJ3 has to be washed down!