PDA

View Full Version : Camping Questions

pitbullmommy
03-01-2004, 01:00 PM
i have a quick question.... ok I am going camping this weekend and I want to take sasha,but i dont know how she will react. the people we are camping with are taking there dogs and all the dogs get along but im not sure how she will be the whole weekend. any tips..... please let me know! I really want to take her because she loves to run and play and she listens really well, but i dont know what to do :confused: :confused: :confused:

DogLover9501
03-01-2004, 01:05 PM
I think you should!

Im guessing shes never been camping before, just take her toys and her bed/kennel..whatever she sleeps in or a blanket she sleeps with, things that will remind her of home, just incase she starts to miss being home, but she might not care at all!

ramanth
03-01-2004, 02:58 PM
I'd take her along! DogLover gave some great advice. :)

pitc9
03-01-2004, 03:14 PM
We took Sierra once with us, (before we had Buddy) and our friends we went with had there dog too. She had fun being outside in nature with us, it was so nice at night when we were just all sitting around the fire, to have Sierra curled up at my feet!
The one thing I would do if it's your pups first camping trip would be to put your tent up and let her walk in it, and get used to it! Sierra didn't know what to make of it, with the sound of the zipper, and the wind blowing the tent.... she was a little freaked out, she started scratching at the tent at first (AHHHHH) but then calmed down. (untill the rain started... ugh...)

lv4dogs
03-01-2004, 03:36 PM
id bring her too, just bring a couple objects from home, although she probably will be even more excited than you (mine are, they would rather camp their whole lives than come home) lol

just make sure you know of a vet nearby, take lots of water, extra food, an extra leash & an extra collar & a first aid kit just in case.

i cant wait till it gets warm up here to camp, i knew i shoulda stayed in florida.

DogLover9501
03-01-2004, 08:48 PM
I can't wait for the warm weather either:D And my dad is building a cabin this year, no more camper:D

K9soul
03-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Tasha's first camping trip was when she was 7 months old, and it was on me and my husband's honeymoon! We are outdoorsy types so we went camping and hiking for our honeymoon in the north woods of MN. Willie was with us too, but he had been camping before and was familiar with the routine.

Well, all we had to do to convince Tasha the tent was make big fluffy piles of bedding. That's all she needed! :p Willie slept on his doggie bed, but Tasha ended up sleeping between Mommy and Daddy nestled all the way under the covers. It was early September and got pretty chilly at night up there, but we were toasty warm :D. She had a blast, we all did. One of my favorite memories, and I'm hoping we can go again this coming summer. :)

ramanth
03-02-2004, 08:18 AM
And make sure your dog doesn't know how to open a tent. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Andy and I took Kia camping and when we woke up, she was outside checking out the campground and trying to catch squirrels. :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-02-2004, 08:46 AM
If all the dogs, including Sasha, get along fine with other dogs and people, then take her!! Otherwise, it may be more of a hassle than anything else.

Wish the weather was warm enough to camp here. Camping is one of Andrew and Drake's most favorite thing to do. We went camping in AZ and GA all the time where we lived there. Great memories. We are planning a long camping trip accross Europe in August once Andrew returns from Iraq.

pitbullmommy
03-02-2004, 09:24 AM
thanks everyone....im going to take her. i am just afraid that she might bark alot or something. i donno but ill let yall know how it goes on monday!