PDA

View Full Version : Update Butterscotch

Craftlady
03-01-2004, 12:56 PM
His blood count is 8.8 it should be 29
We are doing steriod and antibotic treatment. Will see what happens in the next 24 to 48 hrs. If he lives through the treatments. He tested postive for Feline Leukemina. I've been with him all morning at the vets, came home waiting for my hubby so we can go back and be with him.
Our two vets don't hold much hope.

Barbara
03-01-2004, 01:03 PM
I was so afraid that it could be leukemia. I hope that a miracle will happen. There are miracles!!!!!!!

All the best thoughts for you and Butterscotch. I hope someone with more experience can be of better help.

Craftlady
03-01-2004, 01:05 PM
P.S. He wants to re-test Skinny and Thumper. He doesn't suspect Skinny brought it in the house. I found out this a.m. that our old vet never tested him. Just gave him the vaccines.

PayItForward
03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
I am so sorry you are going though this difficult time :(

Thinking of Butterscotch, I am so sorry but those figures look bad :( I really hope he pulls though. {{{Hugs}}} to you and Butterscotch.

You are right today is not a good day, to be a cat at the vets :(

lailamara
03-01-2004, 02:31 PM
I am so very sorry about Butterscotch. My RB kitty Theo had an auto immune disease and severe anaemia with numbers low like yours. He was 13 years old and wasn't given much hope. We knew when a bout was coming on because he would lose his appetite, collapse and pant. Several times we rushed him into emergancy and with steroids and antibiotics he pulled up his numbers.
We thought several times that we would lose him and were ready to let him go peacefully but he rallied for us and went a little while longer. We couldn't bear to say good-bye. We were feeding him him with a stomach tube and he managed to hang on for us for about a year.
In the end the vet would not intervene anymore and we had to say goodbye. I don't know if I did the right thing by continuing to intervene...but I feel neither Theo or I were ready to say goodbye.
Butterscotch may rally and surprise you and you will have to decide what the best course of action is for him and you. My heart goes out to you.

Miss Meow
03-01-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm so sorry {{{hugs}}}

Sending all the positive thoughts I have for some better news in the next 48 hours.

jenluckenbach
03-01-2004, 02:52 PM
I am so VERY sorry to hear about Butterscotch! But please take the time to retest the other 2 as Leukimia is the MORE infectious of the 2 diseases. I do not like to correct people, but it is FIV that is spread through deep bites, FeLV can be spread as easily as through a common water dish. If the other 2 test positive at least you will know and can prevent others from becoming infected.
I wish only the best for you and Butterscotch.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

catcrazylady
03-01-2004, 03:05 PM
My heart is breaking for you all!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif
May God grant you the knowledge to do what is best for Butterscotch and give you peace in your heart. I also pray with all my heart that your other two precious babies will test negative.

Please keep us posted and know that the prayers are on the way. God Bless.

Killearn Kitties
03-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Wishing all the best for Butterscotch and your other two precious babies. Please let us know what is happening with them.

Kirsten
03-01-2004, 03:17 PM
I just heard the sad news... :( OMG, I'm so sorry and don't what to say. :( :( :(

((((HUGS))))) You, Butterscotch and your other kitties are in my thoughts...

Kirsten

slick
03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
I wish I had the words to say that could comfort you.....all I can do is offer my support this way. I'm praying for you and Butterscotch.:( :(

Edwina's Secretary
03-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Heartfelt best wishes for an easy time for Butterscotch and good health for all of them!

rg_girlca
03-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for you, precious Butterscotch and the other two furbabies.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Felicia's Mom
03-01-2004, 03:26 PM
I am so sorry for you! My RB Cleo had Feline Lukemia.

Denyce
03-01-2004, 03:30 PM
All the positive energy I can muster is on your way. I am so sorry about your Butterscotch!

Denyce

Cataholic
03-01-2004, 03:48 PM
I am praying that Butterscotch will rally through this. Miracles do happen. All the positive energy I have is on its way to you.

{{hugs}}
Johanna

Steffi N
03-01-2004, 03:48 PM
This is heartbreaking. I hope with all my heart that Butterscotch pulls through and that your other kitties are all right and that you find strength.
{{HUGS}} for you and very gentle pets for Butterscotch.
You know that we are all here for you.

ChrisH
03-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I am so sorry to read this sad update on Butterscotch. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for him, your other two furkids and you too.

Hugs
Chris

jazzcat
03-01-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm so sorry. You're in my prayers.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-01-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Butterscotch! Poor baby. :( I sure hope he can pull through and that the others are negative.

Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.

kimlovescats
03-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Oh, so sorry that sweet Butterscoth has Felv .... what sad, sad news! I do hope that the treatments help and he is able to come home soon! Prayers for all of you, and your other kitties as well!

Craftlady
03-01-2004, 05:15 PM
He came home with us tonight. He is resting on his favorite chair. We have 7 days worth of medications. Pray for postive results from the steroid and antibotic. After medications are done tough decisions. I can't think about that now.

RedHedd
03-01-2004, 06:37 PM
All paws are in prayer position here in the S.F. Bay Area. Hang in there sweet Butterscotch. Heaven doesn't need another orangie right now, so please stay with us a while longer.

catland
03-01-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through such a terrible ordeal. Prayers on the way for you and your precious Butterscotch.

kimlovescats
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Welcome home sweet Butterscotch, you lie there and enjoy your favorite chair sweet kitty, and take those meds like a good boy! Your mommy will be right by your side, and all of us hear at PT are sending love and prayers your way. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
03-01-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Butterscotch.:( I sure hope that the meds will help him and that your other two furkids remain healthly. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

gini
03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
I send my prayers for Butterscotch as well and a prayer that by weeks end you will have good news for us.

shais_mom
03-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Prayers on the way.

NoahsMommy
03-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Oh no! :(

Prayers coming your way....

Take care and give Butterscotch lots of kisses from me.

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Butterscotch seems to need reasurance. He wakes up and starts to cry then I rub him and he settles down. Of course I cry :(

Kirsten
03-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Poor boy! :( He needs to know you're with him. :( It's so heartbreaking! :( (((HUGS)))

Kirsten

catcrazylady
03-02-2004, 06:18 AM
My heart is is aching for you and Butterscotch. I wish I could think of some magic words to make it better. Our only hope is that you get some relief knowing that we are all here to offer our support. Still sending prayers and kind thoughts.
Keep us posted and don't forget we are here when you need us.

Vio&Juni
03-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Good vibes on the way from me and my gang.

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 07:12 AM
He took his medicines this morning but managed to bite me in the process. Guess that was his refenge LOL
He had little beef friskies stuff (spoon feed). I'll try more food later when he isn't so mad at me.

Logan
03-02-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm so sorry to read this update, Craftlady. :( Please know that Butterscotch and the other two kitties will be in my prayers.

Logan

slick
03-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Pet Talk prayers do work miracles and I can feel another one coming one. All positive vibes and prayers coming your way. I know it's going to be a long week, but we are here for you always.
Hugs to you and smooches to Butterscotch.

Cataholic
03-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Still praying for Butterscotch!

catnapper
03-02-2004, 12:28 PM
OH I am so very sorry! I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Craftlady
03-02-2004, 01:10 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44895

jenluckenbach
03-02-2004, 03:25 PM
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
What a very sad day. :( :(

Laura's Babies
03-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Heartbreaking news! I am so sorry for you and you family!