PDA

View Full Version : Bob's test results.

PaysForIt
03-01-2004, 08:20 AM
He's positive for both FIV and FELV. His liver function is also severely down from a month ago. :(

jazzcat
03-01-2004, 08:27 AM
:( Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. I guess the shelter didn't test him.

What did the vet say about life expectancy since his kidney function is so low? I really wished this would have been better news for you guys.:(

slick
03-01-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this about Bob :( :(

PayItForward
03-01-2004, 11:50 AM
*cries* He might live a few days :(

His liver function is down to 10 % (Pax test), when it reaches 8 %, it is fatal.

I heard the results at work, so I haven't got much work done this afternoon.

*cries* Bob was calling me when I opened the front door, so I have been cuddling him.

I know this sounds crazy but his purrs seemed to say 'It doesn't matter' over and over, :( :( I think he knows he is going to die.

I know he was never going to be a long term pet but we can't even give him freedom in his last days, he will have to stay in our spare room until we put him to sleep, unless he dies naturally first :(

jenluckenbach
03-01-2004, 11:56 AM
I would not be surprised if you heard my cry of anguish all the way in England. :( :( :(
What heartbreaking news. :( :(
Before I cry so hard that I can't see know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Give him lots of love. That is what he needs. Be there for him in the end and he will wait for you at the RB.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

ChrisH
03-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Oh, Jenny, that is heartbreaking, I am so, so, sorry. :( I was just reading the other thread and about to reply when I saw the link to this one.

In spite of this devastating news, maybe even more so, I think it is so great for him that he is there with you and Steve. He looked as though he felt so good after his bath and was so enjoying his yummy food yesterday. And today, instead of being alone, just one amongst many, on his last days, he is with you and all has the love and care you give.... okay, yes, I am in tears here.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers
Big, Big, Hugs.
Chris

rg_girlca
03-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Oh gosh, I am so, so sorry to hear this sad news.
It is comforting though to know that he will spend his last days filled with love from two great people and not stuck alone in a cold cage.
My heart and my prayers go out to the both of you.
Go in peace precious Bob.

Edwina's Secretary
03-01-2004, 01:04 PM
I am so sorry. Bless you for making his last days loved.

Craftlady
03-01-2004, 01:06 PM
My heart goes out to you and your hubby. We are going through the same thing. Today was not a good day for felines.

Barbara
03-01-2004, 01:07 PM
I am so sorry for you and poor Bob. But I am sure that he accepts his fate - I know cats do- and is happy that in his last days he found persons to trust and love.

{{{{Hugs}}}} to both of you and Bob:)

halliecat
03-01-2004, 01:39 PM
So sorry to hear about Bob. I remember when we had to have our cat Dusty PTS because the Felv was so bad. He purred the whole time at the vets office. I cried so much...

Denyce
03-01-2004, 02:45 PM
At least he has your love and that is the most important thing of all. *big hugs*

Denyce

Killearn Kitties
03-01-2004, 02:54 PM
I'm so so sorry that the news wasn't better for you and Bob. But you still did a good thing bringing him home. He will be with you for whatever time he has, and even though he can't be out and have his freedom as you hoped, he will be with you both, being loved, and that is so much better than what he had.

Miss Meow
03-01-2004, 02:55 PM
What a dreadful day :( I'm sorry to hear about Bob's condition.

{{{hugs}}}

Kirsten
03-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Oh no... these are terrible news! :( :(

I'm so very sorry to hear about Bob! :(

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-01-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I was so excited when I saw your other post and now I'm devastated.

I'm just glad you got him "home" in time so he can be happy and loved during his last days. You know he appreciates it by how he's purring for you - what a sweetie. :(

And don't worry about keeping him in the spare room. I'm sure it's 1000 times better than at the shelter. He's got plenty of room, the right food and lots of love.

You two are just so great for providing him with all this knowing he had problems and wasn't the healthiest cat around.

Enjoy your new home Bob, for as long as you are able. You certainly deserve it.

kimlovescats
03-01-2004, 05:08 PM
This just breaks my heart .... but at the same time I am so thankful that Steve brought this precious boy home to pass in a loving home! GOD BLESS YOU ALL, and please kiss sweet Bob for me!:(

Karen
03-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Sad results, but I am so glad his last days will be spent in a loving home where he'll get plenty of snuggling.

Steffi N
03-01-2004, 08:45 PM
I am so, so sorry to read this sad news about Bob. I know you will be able to give him what he most needs, love and tender care. {{HUGS}} to both of you and very gentle pets for you, Bob.

carole
03-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Jenny I am so very sad to read this thread, I must have missed the Thread about Bob arriving to your home, he will have lots of love and care in the days left , and that is what matters, my heart goes out to you and your husband, and just know we are thinking of you across the miles, Take care and Hugs to you and BOB.

krazyaboutkatz
03-01-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Bob.:( At least he'll know what it's like to feel loved during his last few days. Please take care.

shais_mom
03-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

NoahsMommy
03-01-2004, 11:59 PM
First, I'm so sorry about Bob. I'll be praying when his time is here, he goes peacefully and knows how very much loved he really is.

Second, I can't ignore that if I were in your shoes, I'd feel sad about the number of fuzzies that came to me so ill. It may be a "coincidence", but I choose to think otherwise. Kind of like how Wolflady's "underground railroad" has brought her two fuzzies she found homes for. I think they know they will find love and care in you and Steve. No, I don't think, I know they do. You are safe, loving and devoted and they can tell. If I were a kitty, I'd want nothing more than to recieve your love.

Keep on keeping on. Bob is lucky to have you both.

Love,
Kelly and the fuzzies

Vio&Juni
03-02-2004, 01:31 AM
I am sad to hear this bad news.

But he has loving humans his last days. I'm sure he's happy.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-02-2004, 02:29 AM
Jen and Steve,

I truly believe that Bob was placed in your care so that he could know some love and comfort in his last days, and so that you could ease his journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

I can imagine how you must be feeling now, and bless you for taking this burden on your shoulders.

(((HUGS)))

Kirsten
03-02-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Jen and Steve,

I truly believe that Bob was placed in your care so that he could know some love and comfort in his last days, and so that you could ease his journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

I can imagine how you must be feeling now, and bless you for taking this burden on your shoulders.

(((HUGS)))

Julie, that's wonderfully spoken...

Kirsten

catnapper
03-02-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm crying myself. How unfair it is to be given a second chance at a good home, and it turn out to be too short of a stay. I know that you will give him all of the comforts and love he needs.

catcrazylady
03-02-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Poor Bob is breaking my heart. I hope that through the heartache you will remember what a wonderful thing you have done. Death is inevitable but you have given him the opportunity to know love, kindness, and sympathy in his last days. What a wonderful blessing you all have been for Bob.

Lilith Cherry
03-02-2004, 08:32 AM
I am so sad for you to have adopted Bob only to be losing him so soon, but thanking the gods that he has found such a loving home before his last journey.

Loving thoughts from Lilith

slick
03-02-2004, 08:58 AM
What sad news :( :( It's good to know that when Bob passes, you will be there to easy the way, and we will be there for you too.

Postive thoughts and vibes coming your way.

Cataholic
03-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Prayers to Bob, and you two, for the pain and sorrow you are experiencing. Who knows how much time any of us has left. But, to know we will spend it in a loving, caring environment is a blessing. Godspeed.

catland
03-02-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm so sorry about the sad news. Everyone else has pretty much said it - he's so lucky to be with you and you are such caring people to take care of him. Think of what you've given him in just the past couple of days - he's now clean and is no longer in a cage and has a full tummy of good food and has people that love him.

Randi
03-02-2004, 04:45 PM
It's so sad you have to go through this, poor Bob and you. :) I know you're doing all you can to comfort him and I'm sure he's thankful to feel so loved in his last days. :)

Hugs to you and gentle kisses to Bob!

Cinder & Smoke
03-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi God ~

We're all kinda sad to hear You need Bob up there in Heaven :(

But THANKS for givin him to Jen & Steve fur a while -
He needed sum Lovin!

Have You got his Kitty AngelWings all *polished up*
an ready fur him, God?

We're gonna leave our kandilz lighted -
so he can see gud onna Trip to The Bridge.

An please member to Wrap Your God'sPawz round his New Mom an Dad -
they're gonna miss him sumpin terribul. :(

Thanks, God!

/s/ The Prayer Pups
- - - - - - - - - - -

Hey Bob ~

Safe Trip to da Bridge, Lil Buddie!
We'll all miss ya, but God's expectin ya now!

Cinder & Smoke
03-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Bob ...

http://www.piftails.com/images/BobMarch5.jpg

PS:
Be sure to check out Bob's Pictures here >>>

Bob (Family Photos) (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44904)

Tonya
03-03-2004, 07:46 AM
I am very sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bob.

Russian Blue
03-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I think they know they will find love and care in you and Steve. No, I don't think, I know they do. You are safe, loving and devoted and they can tell. If I were a kitty, I'd want nothing more than to recieve your love.

I couldn't have said it better. My thoughts go out to you and your family and many warm loving hugs to Bob.

PayItForward
03-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Steve & I both thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

All your posts are so comforting and full of love and prayers..

Special thanks for Cinder & Smokey, their beautiful prayer, touched my heart. I so hope Bob has wings waiting for him. :(

We have made the very difficult decision to have Bob put to sleep tomorrow at his checkup appointment. :(

At 11:30am British Time, Thursday Morning Bob will step onto the Bridge. Please think of him tomorrow.

If beautiful Bob was our only cat, we would have waited until he passed over naturally but with other cats in the house we cannot take the risk.

I had a detailed discussion with our vet today about the possibility of keeping Bob isolated in the spare room.

Our vet said he would only be happy, if we used barrier nursing with Bob. Wearing gloves and apron and changing all clothes every time we visited him to reduce the risk of infection.

It is not a big risk but we are not willing to potentially reduce our original cats lives, for Bob who is sadly leaving shortly :(

Bob deserves much more love than he has received but he will have to wait for us on the bridge, maybe my paternal grandma will give him some hugs when he gets there.

I just don't know what to say to Bob.

I have let him down.

I promised him a furever home...........four days is not enough :( *tears*

Craftlady
03-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Butterscotch will show him the way :)
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

PayItForward
03-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
Butterscotch will show him the way :)
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bless you, thinking of our Bob when you have only just lost your Angel Boy :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-03-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, but of course your own babies come first. I really had hope that will all the love Bob was receiving that he would last a good long time yet, but I understand how you can't take the risk with the rest of your gang. We would all be devasted if something happened to them too. :(

What a difficult few days you two have had. Trying to do something nice for a poor waif and ending up being traumatized in the process.

You really are heroes though, for making sure that Bob lived out his final days with lots of love and attention and making sure he is not alone during his final moments.

{{{hugs}}} to both of you and hugs and skritchies to a very special black boy. :(

PayItForward
03-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I'm so sorry to hear this, but of course your own babies come first. I really had hope that will all the love Bob was receiving that he would last a good long time yet, but I understand how you can't take the risk with the rest of your gang. We would all be devasted if something happened to them too. :(
The vet said he only had days left and that made the decision slightly easier to bear. But if our original herd got sick I would never forgive myself.

As it is I can not bear to touch my cats, I won't let them sleep with us. I won't let them on my knee, I am too scared that I will make them sick.

I need to give Bob the cuddles, as his time is so short. But it is making the others upset that they are no longer getting any attention.

Kirsten
03-03-2004, 01:33 PM
I can totally understand your concerns and fears!

But moosmom has posted some very good infos on FeLV here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44905) , and this should be interesting for you:

Will I infect my healthy cat if I pet an FeLV+ cat, then pet my cat?

No. Not unless you were to go immediately from one cat to another, and have wet saliva, urine or blood on your hand. Even then the chances would be slim. FeLV needs to be transferred through the media above, and will not live long outside the host (the infected cat). Warm, dry environments will deactivate the virus and common household detergents and disinfectants will eliminate it from any contacted surfaces. If you wash your hands with soap after touching an infected cat, you will not infect an FeLV negative cat.

As far as I know, the same goes for FIv as well.

Kirsten

Steffi N
03-03-2004, 01:36 PM
(Teary eyed). Jenny, I think you and Steve have made the best decision possible under these sad circumstances. Though you knew and loved Bob for only a brief time, he will live forever in your hearts. Please give him tender farewell cuddles from me.

PayItForward
03-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
I can totally understand your concerns and fears!

http://web.vet.cornell.edu/public/fhc/felv.html

The FeLV-positive cat must be prevented from having any contact with the negative cats, perhaps by housing it in a separate room within the house. Separate feeding utensils and litter pans should be provided, and hands should be thoroughly washed and clothing (including shoes) after handling and caring for the positive cat. The positive cat should never be allowed outdoors, where it might come into contact with FeLV-negative cats and transmit the virus.

This is a good site to read too :(

PayItForward
03-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Steffi N
(Teary eyed). Jenny, I think you and Steve have made the best decision possible under these sad circumstances. Though you knew and loved Bob for only a brief time, he will live forever in your hearts. Please give him tender farewell cuddles from me.
I bought Bob a treat of Tuna and Whiskers on the way home from work.

I will pass on your hugs and a thousand more for me.

Kirsten
03-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Please give him cuddles from me, too!! :(

He has touched so many hearts here in his last days... It's wonderful what you did for him!

Kirsten

Edwina's Secretary
03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
You have not let him down...you have enriched his life. Time doesn't have the same meaning to cats as it does to us.

Godspeed Bob!

Logan
03-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Jenny and Steve, with a sad heart, I commend you on the decision you have made for Bob. :(

He'll be ok, and you will be too, in time. Enjoy your journey Bob, and Godspeed. Our hearts go with you, sweet boy. :(

Cinder & Smoke
03-03-2004, 02:27 PM
:(

Hey Bob ~

Safe Trip up to The Bridge, Lil Buddie!
We'll keep da kandilz burnin.

We phoned ahead -
God an our GranMom are gonna meet ya -
she alluz haz Kat Treets!

Dad's Furst Kat, Fred, will help ya wiffa Flyin Lessinz -
she sez them AngelWings can be a bit *trickie*
gettin used to!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Big {{{HUGS}}} to Jen and Steve!
Always remember - you're sending Bob off to a Better Place ~
With Furrever Health and Happpiness!

/s/ :( Phred

Prairie Purrs
03-03-2004, 02:35 PM
It's a wonderful thing you're doing for Bob, giving him so much love and allowing him to end his illness and move on peacefully. Very, very few people would be unselfish and caring enough to take in and love a sick kitty during his last days.

Twink
03-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Please don't let yourself think for a second that you've "let him down." I can understand that this must have been a painful decision, but the alternative was to leave him in that shelter. Where he might have had a couple more days...and been utterly miserable and confused the whole time, especially since he was someone's beloved pet for most of his life. You saved him from a horrible death, and gave him instead four wonderful days and an easy (for him), beautiful exit, with someone to hold him as he leaves this world.

Not to mention a great, big group of friends from all over the world who will be thinking of him and praying for him on his last day.

I don't know you well enough to hug you, but I'm sending ((((HUGS))) anyway, because I just can't help it.

smokey the elder
03-03-2004, 04:37 PM
I just came across this. I'm so sorry about Bob, but you're making his last days ones of being loved. Play nice at the Rainbow Bridge, Bob.

Uabassoon
03-03-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bob, but at least his last few days were spent with a loving family and he was able to get lots of love before he passes on to the RB.

catcrazylady
03-03-2004, 05:40 PM
How horribly sad it would have been for Bob to leave this world in the cold lonely shelter. In no way have you let that precious boy down! You reminded him that there is love and he can leave this world in peace instead of scared and alone. My heart breaks for you but your decision is understandable. Just remember how special you are to have given him these four days. Not many people would have been willing to put so much emotion on the line. God Bless you and Godspeed sweet Bob. Our thoughts, prayers, and tears are with you.

jazzcat
03-03-2004, 06:32 PM
I can hardly type for crying but I want you to know that we all understand and I know that Bob does too. I've never had a cat I didn't personally know touch me like Bob has.

There will be a bright new star in the sky tomorrow night.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

rg_girlca
03-03-2004, 06:54 PM
NEVER, EVER, think that you let Bob down. You and your hubby were "Angels" sent to him, to make his lasting days full of love and comfort. You did more for him than anyone else would have. You are helping him ease his way to Rainbow Bridge rather than die in a cold cage, alone.
I know this is so hard on you guys, but know that we are all behind you 100%.
My prayers and thoughts will be with you and Bob tomorrow.

PayItForward
03-04-2004, 02:24 AM
Bob doesn't want to be held this morning and he stopped eating last night.

He sniffed but wouldn't eat the three treat foods, I gave him last night cheap meat, expensive meat, tuna.

He was very excited as I opened the tuna but didn't eat any :(

I feel less horrible about Bob going to the vets today.

If he has stopped eating, he is very near the end.

Better that he falls asleep in Steve's arms than dies from being ill, in pain:(

ChrisH
03-04-2004, 04:32 AM
Sweet Bob, with tears and love I wish you goodbye and Godspeed.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs
Chris

PaysForIt
03-04-2004, 06:41 AM
He fell asleep on me last night, purring away. The night before he curled up on my arm. When I went in this morning he ran to me, talking away till I picked him up and cuddled him.

I felt like such a traitor, sticking him in that hateful box. The vet said he was looking a lot healthier at least and it was the right decision.

catcrazylady
03-04-2004, 07:26 AM
I sure don't envy you guys at all! I'm crying and I have never even met precious Bob. I have been so blessed that I have never had to have an animal PTS. Tragic accidents are so hard to deal with but I can't imagine knowing you are taking that last trip and Bob won't be coming home with you. You are doing the right thing and sometimes the right thing is the hardest to do. Keep us posted and let us know how you both are doing.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

slick
03-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Better that he falls asleep in Steve's arms than dies from being ill, in pain:(
So true. RIP Bob and have a save trip to the RB. OJ and Casper will greet you when you arrive and I'm sure Binx and Butterscotch will be there too. It was a pleasure to know you even for such a short time.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by PaysForIt
I felt like such a traitor,

You are not a traitor by any means, you are a savior to sweet Bob! It's 10:00 am here, so I'm sure Bob is at RB now, and you must know you did the absolute best thing for him. Especially if, like Jenny says, he stopped eating. He was ready and this morning when he was talking to you he was probably telling you how wonderful the last few days have been and how grateful he is that you're doing this for him.

Rest in peace sweet boy, and enjoy your new health at the RB with all the others. :(

Cataholic
03-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Dear Jenny, Steve and Bob,
God gives us a certain amount of time with each other, and we never truly know how long that time is. Sometimes we are blessed with knowing when our time has come, and we can truly and deeply express our love for one another. That is what has happened with you and Bob. Jen and Steve, Bob knows the love you had for him, and he returned it. The hardest thing to do is let go. The most loving thing to do is to let go, and let Bob pass to the RB. It just doesn't seem right that the hardest thing to do is the right thing to do. It shouldn't hurt so much. That is what tests and strengthens our love. Doing the right thing despite the pain. Bob is in a better place. I know that. You two are left to grieve, in pain. Time, as I know all too well, will be your true friend. You can't look back, just ahead. Know that while you are focusing on the future, and dealing with your grief, just over your shoulders is a beautiful black boy, placing a paw ever so gently on you both, guiding you. RIP Bob. You have gone from the Angels to God.
Love,
Johanna

Barbara
03-04-2004, 10:43 AM
There never was a cat like Bob who has been here only a short time and has touched all our hearts.

He was ill and alone and he came over to you and trusted you and loved you immediately. His last days were as happy as they could be under these circumstances and I am so glad I met Bob- at least on the web and although it is hard to let him go. How much harder will it be for you. But it's the right thing.

Thank you that we were allowed to be part of this love story. Bob will be in our hearts forever.

Kirsten
03-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Bob sure felt last night his journey here is ending, and that he has to move on...

I'm sure he felt nothing but love and thankfulness for you that you've made his last days here on earth as comfortable as possible. Now he can leave this world with the knowledge that he was loved.

Bob, you brought tears to so many eyes here, and you've touched so many hearts, you're really a special boy!

R.I.P. little one!

Kirsten

Denyce
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Oftentimes the most loving thing we can do for our pets is knowing when to let them go.

Denyce

Logan
03-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Denyce
Oftentimes the most loving thing we can do for our pets is knowing when to let them go.

Denyce

Denyce, you said it all. It takes courage, but isn't it a wonderful gift that we can give to them so that they don't have to suffer any longer than necessary?

Jenny and Steve, you are in our thoughts and prayers today.

Rest in peace, Bob. You are loved by many. :)

PayItForward
03-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Glass of Wine in Hand.. Looking at Bob's photos.

I missed him from the moment I entered the house tonight and no body shouted from the spare room.

But as a good friend said 'he is going back to God and his beloved owner.' I have to look at this as a new beginning for him not an end.

Funny..how you can miss someone after knowing them for such a short time.:(

Cheers...Here's to Bob and his original owner.
Be happy honey I'll see you on the bridge. :( :)
Enjoy playing with Lindy, Caramel & Mr Stray.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't say how much me & Steve value Pet Talk posters support at this time.

Steve has been working the night shift this week and so we have not seen each other this week, only spoke over the phone.

It has been a hard week, for both of us and we thank you for helping us though.

I'll post Bob's last photos on the memorial site tomorrow.

aguu
03-04-2004, 03:55 PM
I just read through this thread – I am so sorry I missed it earlier.
All I can say to you as I sit here bawling my eyes out is;
I am sorry for your loss.
You were a gift to him and he was a gift to you.
May he run and play in peace at Rainbow Bridge…

Barbara
03-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Cheers Jen. Here's to Bob.

Cinder & Smoke
03-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward

Glass of Wine in Hand.. Looking at Bob's photos.

*Cheers* ... Here's to Bob and his original owner.
Be happy honey...

*CHEERS*, Bob! ;)

Here's To Ya!!

Thanks for being here with us!!

Rest In Peace, Lil Buddie - You've Earned It!!

:(

carole
03-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Rest In Peace dear Bob, your suffering is over, My RB Sooti and lil Romeo are waiting to greet you with open paws.

My sincere condolences to you Jenny and Steve, you had a very hard decision to make, but you gave him heaps of love and care for the short time you had him, its amazing how our hearts are touched so quickly by an animal we have known a short time, you two are the best, and gave Bob a wonderful send off.

Steffi N
03-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Rest in peace, dear Bob.

{{HUGS}} for you, Jenny and Steve and
cuddles for George, Milly, Milo, Treacle, Bramble, Tigs, and Sandy

popcornbird
03-05-2004, 12:32 AM
I didn't read Bob's story until just now. How so very sad and heartbreaking. :( This is one of the saddest stories I have ever read on PT. :( RIP Bob. You are in a good place now, free of pain and suffering, and it is good to know that your last days were full of all the love you could wish for. :(

catcrazylady
03-05-2004, 06:08 AM
The pain is gone Bob. Peace and joy are yours forever.

Randi
03-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Jenny and Steve, you showed Bob what love is all about in his last time. I'm sure he sucked it all up and took with him. :) He was tired and ready to go and you sent him on at the right time.
You will miss him, but I hope it will be a comfort that you relieved him of his pain and helped him on his way. My thoughts are with you!

Rest in Peace dear Bob!

Kirsten
03-05-2004, 12:24 PM
R.I.P. Bob! Have fun at the bridge! Now you're without pain and suffering!

Kirsten

kimlovescats
03-05-2004, 04:15 PM
((((((HUGS))))) from me and mine ..... Rest Peacefully dear Bob.

krazyaboutkatz
03-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Bob, you've touched so many hearts here at Pet Talk in such a short amount of time. You'll be truly missed. RIP sweet Bob. Please take care Jenny and Steve.

NoahsMommy
03-07-2004, 11:49 AM
I'm so sorry I was away from the computer during this hard time for you both. :(

It sounds wierd, but maybe I was more "with" you than I thought. On Thursday night, I had to stay at work until about 8:30 because we had to put a very sick dog to sleep. The owners couldn't handle doing it, so one of our techs (their good friend) brought Desi in. I stayed merely for my receptionist duties of the charging out and paperwork, but decided I wanted to help.

The wierd part is that I've NEVER wanted to see or help a euthanasia, ever. Until that night. As Desi peacefully went to sleep, I stroked her head and ears. All three of us (me, my vet and the tech - all women) told her how good a girl she was as she made her leave for the Bridge.

I like to think that's how it was with Bob. Peaceful and ending with him healthy again with the others at the Bridge.

I'm very sorry for your pain. :( I wish I could make you feel better. Just know in your heart, you've done a very special thing for Bob.

catlady1945
03-07-2004, 12:09 PM
I didn't think I could do it either. But I held our old girl as she passed on. I am glad that I held her rather than strangers. She went very quickly and it was very peaceful.