PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Amber
02-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Can you bring a cat to a dog park, if its well train and socialized to be around dogs?

micki76
02-29-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't think I would, even if it was allowed. It could be VERY dangerous for a kitty. Most dog parks are off leash and some doggies don't love kitties. :(

wolf_Q
02-29-2004, 09:26 PM
The cat may be socialized around dogs but it's pretty doubtful all the dogs would be socialized with cats!

I'd be afraid of big dogs jumping up on me while trying to hold the cat. I think that would frighten most any cat, even if they were used to dogs!

Amber
02-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, good point. hehe

I just wondered because Moosmom brought mooshoo (cat) to one

wolf_Q
02-29-2004, 09:31 PM
YLL also brought Sammy when he was a kitten but (I don't think?) they brought him inside of the actual dog park at all.

I have no idea if Mooshoo went inside the actual dog park, I didn't have the pleasure of meeting the handsome guy.

Of course, PTers are good at refereeing dogs and keeping them under control (for the most part ;) ) but not everyone at a dog park even watches their dogs.

Amber
02-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I hope YYL or moosmom responds so I can get more info on this.

wolf_Q
02-29-2004, 09:39 PM
You could send them a pm or post in the thread about the next Ohio dog park meeting, if that's the dog park you are referring to. :)

Karen
02-29-2004, 09:57 PM
I was there when MooShoo came with his Mom. He kinda hung out with the humans, and didn't go into the fenced in area with the dogs running loose. Moo is nearly blind, though, an preferred to spend his time snuggling with his momma. He did walk near the fence, but never went inside.

Cincy'sMom
02-29-2004, 10:02 PM
I thought maybe Moo came intot he park, but only briefly and his is mom's arms...couldbe he just came over to the fence.

Sammy never came inside the park. He was in a cage most of the time over by the pavillion where we eat. There is almost always a human over that way...

I would not recomend bringing Maggie thinking she would get to runinthe park. Even though most of the PT dogs are good and most likely wouldn't bother her, there is always a chance. Besides that, the park is still open to the local members, and we don't know hoe those dogs are. If you wanted to bring her in a carrier, knowing she would have to stay in it, that may be possible

cali
02-29-2004, 10:11 PM
I wouldent do it. what if a dog like shadow was there? shadow HATES cats with a passion, the sight of one sends her into attack mode. :eek: