PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Hoodoo

Glacier
02-29-2004, 08:01 PM
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Feb/20042297713477135779502.jpg

I can't believe that I am writing this, but there is no denying it's true. At 3:00 this afternoon, we were forced to make the heartbreaking decision to send Hoodoo across the Bridge. Well, really there was no other choice. I'd have taken it if there were.

Hoodoo had been off for a couple weeks--just not himself. He was being treated for some minor back problems. THis morning at about 2am he let out an awful yelp and I gave him some Metacam--like I always did! This morning he was breathing funny, lethargic and glassy eyed. He had been getting worse all day and at about 2, he went completely limp. My vet says he suffered a stroke. He felt no pain and left this world surrounded by the two people who love him most. His crossing was gentle, quiet and peaceful. I imagine down the road I'll find some comfort in that. It's not helping much right now.

Hoodoo was a four and a half year old, bi-eyed siberian husky. He was littermate to my Earle and sired by my Muskwa. He was also the very first dog we ever rescued. He came back to us at nine months old--untrained and out of control. He turned into one of the smartest, sweetest, most wonderful dogs I've ever known. Hoodoo was a gentle soul who loved dogs, cats, kids, people. He never met a stranger, only new friends.

I can't believe I'll never see his goofy grin, his beautiful eyes, the silly way he bounced by the fence. This place will never be the same. He has left a huge hole. Amazing how even home as filled with critters as mine is, can feel so empty when one is gone.

Goodbye, my beautiful boy. I'll love you forever.

guster girl
02-29-2004, 08:02 PM
*tears* :(

Shelteez2
02-29-2004, 08:03 PM
I am so sorry :(

micki76
02-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry. :( He was such a handsome man-dog. I'm so glad you got him back and he had such happy years with you.

Run as fast as the wind at the Bridge Hoodoo. You were loved so much and will be missed, sweetie. :(

Karen
02-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Good bye, sweet Hoodoo. You'll live forever in our hearts, what a beautiful dog you were. I am glad you were surrounded by love at the last, now run to your heart's content at the Rainbow Bridge, dear one.

wolf_Q
02-29-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Hoodoo. :( He was an absolutely gorgeous dog, I remember seeing that photo some time ago and I just fell in love with his sweet face. He was obviously very well loved. I'm sure he's happily running as fast as he can over at the Rainbow Bridge, true husky-style.

Cincy'sMom
02-29-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm so sorry you had to make this difficult decision. He was a beautiful boy that had a happy life with you.

RIP Hoodoo

captain
02-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Sweetheart,

Play happily and pain free at the RB gorgeous angel ......

wolfie
02-29-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm so sorry. :( RIP Hoodoo. :(

slick
02-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Glacier, I'm sooooo sorry for Hoodoo's passing but it looks like it was for the best. I know that it doesn't make the hurt go away but please take comfort in knowing that he is watching over you and is now happy and healthy. That's such a sweet picture of Hoodoo :) :) You were very fortunate to have him in your life for a short while. He knows you loved him and I know that he loved you just as much.

Hugs to you.

lovemyshiba
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
:( :( :(

I'm so sorry to hear of dear Hoodoo's passing.
He sounds like a sweet and special boy.

I'm sure it isn't any consolation, but he is in a better place, and in no pain now, and he will be watching over you and the rest of your family.

I'm very sorry, and my prayers are with you.

trayi52
02-29-2004, 10:36 PM
I am sorry to hear of Hoodoo's passing. Rest assured that he is now running at Rainbow Bridge.

R.I.P Hoodoo

Cataholic
03-01-2004, 06:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Hoodoo's passing to the RB. I hope he meets up with Binx, and will be shown around. RIP, Hoodoo.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Oh Glacier! I can hardley see from my tears. My most heart felt sympathies to you and your family. I can not imagine what you are going through now.

Hoodoo was so young. And so beautiful :( He is now pain free.

R.I.P Hoodoo, you will truley be missed.

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-01-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

robinh
03-01-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

ramanth
03-01-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Hoodoo. :( What a handsome boy he was. Too young..... :( :(

*hugs*

Cinder & Smoke
03-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
... I'll never see his goofy grin,
his beautiful eyes,
the silly way he bounced by the fence.

{{{Hugs}}}, Glacier!

And those Visions of Hoodoo...
They're not gone ~
Just close your eyes and Remember.

He'll never be far away.

Rest In Peace, Hoodoo.

/s/ :( Phred

lizbud
03-01-2004, 10:20 AM
I am so very sorry at your loss of this beautiful soul.:(
Rest in Peace sweet Boy.

popcornbird
03-01-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. :(:( RIP Hoodoo. You will be missed.

Cookiebaker
03-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Rest in Peace, Sweet Hoodoo...play hard at the rainbow bridge!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Glacier. :(

Sudilar
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
I am so sorry for your great loss. Hoodoo was a beautiful dog. He was too young. RIP, Hoodoo, run healthy and free. Hugs to you, Glacier.

delidog
03-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Oh I am So Sorry to hear of Hoodoos' Passing....

Now he is Pain Free..

What a Gorgeous Boy You are Sweet Hoodoo!!!
Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge!!!

pitc9
03-02-2004, 07:11 AM
RIP sweet Hoodoo.

Have fun! You will be missed... and you will always be loved!

kuhio98
03-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Glacier, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful, beautiful boy he IS. Now is he pain free and bouncing around in his goofy way. It helps knowing that, but it doesn't take away the pain. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
03-02-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm so sorry, Glacier. :( Your Hoodoo was an exceptionally handsome boy. Thank you for sharing his story with us in the midst of your grief. We will keep you all in our prayers.

Logan

Lilith Cherry
03-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your loss!! Hoodoo will be waiting for you at the bridge....

Suzie
03-02-2004, 10:47 PM
SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS GLACIER, I REMEMBER HOW BADLY IT HURTS, I'M WATCHING MY NEW GIRLS SLEEP RIGHT NOW AND TRYING NOT TO CRY. THE THING TO THINK ABOUT IS THAT YOU LOVED HIM THE BEST YOU COULD, WHILE HE WAS HERE. AND THAT SOMEDAY YOU'LL ALL BE TOGETHER AGAIN.

dukedogsmom
03-02-2004, 10:59 PM
But you will see him again. Don't forget that. I'm so sorry he had to leave you so young. Animals can have an amazing effect on you. They enrich our lives so much. I'm glad Hoodoo left peacfully and in time, you will find comfort in that. Being with him was special, too. He knew that you loved him.

shais_mom
03-02-2004, 11:21 PM
I am sorry I missed this.
Hoodoo you were a breathtakingly beautiful boy.
Godspeed.

anna_66
03-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh Glacier, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this thread:(

I can't believe your ever so young and beautiful Hoodoo is gone. I can't help but have tears in my eyes as I write this:(

I'm so glad you had him in your life for the time you did, I'm sure you'd never trade those memories for anything.

Just know that he will have plenty of friends at the bridge and will never be in pain again.

R.I.P. Sweet Hoodoo

ChrisH
03-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Glacier, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful, special boy.:(

Rest in peace sweet Hoodoo.

Hugs
Chris

4 Dog Mother
03-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Glacier, I am so sorry you lost your Hoodoo. He certainly was a beautiful dog. RIP dear Hoodoo!

mugsy
03-04-2004, 11:49 AM
I haven't been able to read most of this thread, being that I'm doing most of my PTing at school and don't really want to cry, but, I do want you to know you're in my thoughts and Hoodoo is safe and well at the Bridge with all of his new buddies.

RIP

tatsxxx11
03-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Oh Glacier, I'm so, so sorry:(:(:( I can't believe your beloved, beautiful boy is gone; so young, so handsome:(:( Thank you so much for sharing with us the story of Hoodoo through your tears. What a very special doggie he was and so blessed to have had you as his Mommy. Bless you dear Hoodoo. Wait patiently for your Mommy at the Rainbow Bridge sweetheart. My heartfelt sympathies to you Glacier. My heart is breaking for you. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

sisterdog
03-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Glacier,
I've been off the computer for a few days and just now saw this. I am so sorry to hear of Hoodoo's passing. He was a truly beautiful dog, and far to young to go. You have my deepest condolences. {{Hugs}}

KYS
03-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Glacier, I am so sorry to hear about Hoodoo! :(
HUGS (((^..^)))

K9soul
03-08-2004, 02:41 PM
I visited Hoodoo's beautiful memorial page. There are just no words to describe the feelings, but my heart breaks for you.

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, dear handsome Hoodoo. Wait for your Mom, Dad and brothers and sisters, who will joyfully greet you again one day...:( :(