PDA

View Full Version : photos of me

guster girl
02-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey, I've been asked, so, here are couple of photos of me that aren't too cruddy. :) I posted a couple of other related photos as well on other threads. This is me skydiving. It's actually a digital photo of a regular photograph.

guster girl
02-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Here's one from my company's party that I went to in January. From left to right....my friend, Lisa, me, my friend and co-worker, Donna, and, my best friend and niece, Danielle. :)

guster girl
02-29-2004, 01:27 PM
and, here's me and my niece, Danielle. :)

Tonya
02-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Cute pics! Mike and I went skydiving last year in Hawaii. I loved it! Mike got sick. lol.

slleipnir
02-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Great pictures :D

guster girl
02-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Cute pics! Mike and I went skydiving last year in Hawaii. I loved it! Mike got sick. lol.

I love it. And, I'm PETRIFIED of heights! My boyfriend, niece, and, I have gone twice, and, my boyfriend and I want to get into it. We are going to take the classes and buy our own gear and stuff so that eventually we can just pay about 15 or 20 dollars for the plane ride up. It's not that expensive to do, just to START. :)

wolfsoul
02-29-2004, 02:05 PM
You look kinda like my aunty Sharon. :D Lol. Good pics!

guster girl
02-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
You look kinda like my aunty Sharon. :D Lol. Good pics!

poor aunty sharon. ;)

wolfsoul
02-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
poor aunty sharon. ;)
LOL! :p

Tonya
02-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
I love it. And, I'm PETRIFIED of heights! My boyfriend, niece, and, I have gone twice, and, my boyfriend and I want to get into it. We are going to take the classes and buy our own gear and stuff so that eventually we can just pay about 15 or 20 dollars for the plane ride up. It's not that expensive to do, just to START. :)

Yeah, I looked into the gear. You can pick up some gear for fairly cheap. We have a place about 20 minutes from my house. I was seriously considering it until I found out that alot of skydivers wind up with knee problems. I already have bad knees, so I don't want to chance it.

K9soul
02-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Wow nice pictures! I don't think I could ever skydive. I just hate the feeling of falling. When I used to go to the swimming pool I just couldn't get myself to jump off the high dive. I did a few times but I just couldn't stand that falling feeling hehe. I'm not too great with heights either, I'm one of those people who cling to a ladder as a climb up it!

I think you are very pretty.

jenfer
02-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Great pics! Nice to meet you "in person". ;)

bluekat
02-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Great pics!:) Even though I'm afraid of heights, I would LOVE to go skydiving one day:p It looks so fun!

guster girl
02-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Wow nice pictures! I don't think I could ever skydive. I just hate the feeling of falling. When I used to go to the swimming pool I just couldn't get myself to jump off the high dive. I did a few times but I just couldn't stand that falling feeling hehe. I'm not too great with heights either, I'm one of those people who cling to a ladder as a climb up it!

I think you are very pretty.

Oh, hey, trust me! I AM TERRIFIED OF HEIGHTS. I hate roller coasters! I NEVER went on the high dive (and still won't). I literally crawled on my hands and knees when I was on top of the "Eiffel Tower" in Vegas. I was so scared. BUt, I can tell you this much.....it is scary being up that high. But, it's almost like it's so high, it's hard to realize it. Ya know? Like your depth perception stops at a certain height and then, it looks the same. But, there is NO sensation of falling, until you get pretty close to the ground. And, by that time, it's just so pretty and calm. I know when I took the class, I voiced my dislike for "losing my stomach" and they assured me that the feeling isn't there when you jump. I didn't believe them until I did it. It feels like when you stick your head out of the window in a car. It's just a lot of air! You should try it at least once. You never know. :)

And, I just reread your post.....thanks for the compliment. It made me smile. ;)

Tonya
02-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, it dosn't feel high. Especially if you are jumping through clouds. You can't even see the ground until you fall through the clouds. It's an unbelievable feeling. It's almost like time has stopped. You are thinking about nothing...not a care in the world. And she's right, you don't lose your stomach at all. I was shocked to find that out. The only reason why my hubby got sick is because he's sensitive. He pukes on the ferris wheel. lol.

guster girl
02-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm terrible on ferris wheels! :) I hope we get to take the courses and do the required jumps to become certified sky divers! I'd love that! :) I also am a licensed scuba diver, but, I haven't gone in so long that I would need to retake the course for my own sake. :)