PDA

View Full Version : And then there was.......

PayItForward
02-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Steve went out to go food shopping and to donate some food to our 'not so local' cat shelter, Haworth where Sandy came from.
And he came home with
Bob
http://www.piftails.com/images/Bob_1.jpg

http://www.piftails.com/images/Bob_2.jpg

Currently in the spare room.... :D

Vio&Juni
02-29-2004, 11:12 AM
So, who set the "How Many?" cats rule? :D (every time you got a different cat)

Steve is an angel. I bet this cat has a story. I'm so glad for him! And for you. He looks like a very sweet cat.

Barbara
02-29-2004, 11:12 AM
And now we are VERY curious to hear Bob's story.

And how you will tell the difference between all your blackies:D

PayItForward
02-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Steve is an angel. I bet this cat has a story. I'm so glad for him! And for you. He looks like a very sweet cat.

Originally posted by Barbara
And now we are VERY curious to hear Bob's story.

Actually his story is sad. :(

His owner died so he was taken in by Haworth Cat Shelter.

He suffers from kidney failure and has a heart murmer and so we don't know how long we will have him with us.

He might have a month, 6 months or a year, we just don't know.

We don't know how old he is but he is very old and painfully thin and he has no tail.

I spotted him on the Haworth website after receiving an email to inform me that our Sandy's photo was up on the site.

I have been heart broken at the thought of him spending his last days in a cage, not to have a real home. :(

I approach the subject of adopting him and Steve said no way. I asked him to take up a bag of good quality ID food, toys etc to Bob and Steve agreed.

Unknown to me Steve had taken a cat case...just in case.

When he saw Bob (formually Chopper) he knew that we had to give him a home.

So picture this, I am having a break from cleaning the house and look up to see Steve walking in with a occupied cat case...WTF !!!

The first and only time I have EVER been speechless in my life !!!

Barbara
02-29-2004, 11:27 AM
He has a handsome manly face and he will be so happy that he can spend some time with you!

Congratulations to Steve and you!

catcrazylady
02-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Poor Bob! He is a very lucky kitty and you are a very lucky lady to have such a softy for a hubby! There are very few people who would take on the medical condition of this handsome boy. It's wonderful to know that whatever time he has left here will be spent in a happy loving home. How wonderful that his last days (and I hope there are many) will be spent with freedom and love. God bless you and your wonderful hubby for taking this beautiful boy into your home. He truly is gorgeous!! Prayers on the way that he will have lots of pain free wonderful days with you!!!
:) :) :) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

PayItForward
02-29-2004, 11:49 AM
We need to fatten him up, you can feel all his ribs and hip bones and we are going to bath him later. He is very messy at the back end.

But the shelter were just feeding him cheap cat food. So we are going to free feed him as much Dry ID food as he wants to try and put some weight on him.

He purrs so loud I can hear him...I only hear Tigs and sometimes George :D

We are going to try and intergrate him as fast as possible so he can play in the garden to his hearts content. :D

RedHedd
02-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Wah! For whatever reason the first pics are not coming up for me! I just see a couple of pics of the black kitty -- so cute!

jazzcat
02-29-2004, 11:58 AM
I want to give you and Steve the biggest hug ever! That says a lot too because I am not a huggy kind of person. I think you both are so wonderful for helping Bob and giving him a good home. With the TLC he will get from you guys he may live longer than anyone expects.

He's a beautiful boy!! I hope that soon he is enjoying the garden and I look forward to updates.

How is Sandy by the way?

Corinna
02-29-2004, 12:08 PM
WHAOO Steve what a great guy! Good lick in your new home BOB these people love you.

moosmom
02-29-2004, 12:17 PM
You guys are the BEST and BOTH deserve a pat on the back! I think it is wonderful that Bob will have a furrrever home, regardless of how or short it will be. He is adorable!! Give him lots of kisses and head bumpies from me and my crew!!

jenluckenbach
02-29-2004, 01:00 PM
STEVE

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But as you know, I have one little question.......

How many cats are REALLY your limit???? :D :D :D

Now I will sit here tapping my foot until we get LOTS of new pictures (after all, PIF does tend to be the official pet talk "ask for pictures" person. :p

catmandu
02-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Like Jen , I am proud of you Steve , for giving poor Bob , a Furr Ever Home. and he is having the time of his life at the Mall Food Court and tonight , he will get the second Steak! And he will get to eat his fill , and thatnks to Richards Cats , there will be Cavair and Sardines , and Evian Water!

PaysForIt
02-29-2004, 01:06 PM
*blushes*

I still want to call him Stinky though. :p

PaysForIt
02-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Oh and Jen, the limit is still 7.
Bob's a special case.

jenluckenbach
02-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by PaysForIt
Oh and Jen, the limit is still 7.
Bob's a special case.
Yeah Yeah. I've heard it all before. Biddy was a special case to, and so were Jim and Kim and so were Bonnie and Mickey......................

jenluckenbach
02-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Unknown to me Steve had taken a cat case...just in case.
And OBVIOUSLY this was PLANNED, so there is no getting around it.....................you are ADDICTED as badly as any of us!!!:D

PayItForward
02-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by PaysForIt
*blushes*

I still want to call him Stinky though. :p
That is unfair. Now we have cut off that big stale wad of hair and poo from his backend (sorry to be so graphic) and bathed him, he smells much better and he even started to groom his front paws.

We got the impression they didn't have the time to wash him a lot at the shelter. No cat bathed daily could have the build up he had, he must feel so much better.

So next stage see if the food that cleared up Brambles bottom will help Bob.

catnapper
02-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Yeah Steve! You are a wonderful and dear man! I thin you deserve to be able to call him Stinky!:D :D

PayItForward
02-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Now I will sit here tapping my foot until we get LOTS of new pictures (after all, PIF does tend to be the official pet talk "ask for pictures" person. :p

As requested post bath pictures....

http://www.piftails.com/images/BobBath_1.jpg

http://www.piftails.com/images/BobBath_2.jpg

http://www.piftails.com/images/BobBath_3.jpg

http://www.piftails.com/images/BobBath_4.jpg

RedHedd
02-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Aww! I still like "Stinky" for a name :p

jenluckenbach
02-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Now that is what I call service ;)

Ands Steve, you call him anything you want. We'll just say Bob is his given name and Stinky is his nick name!

He looks so incredibly sweet!

(I am sorry Sweet Annie had to miss oiut, though, darned Atlantic Ocean)

PayItForward
02-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
(I am sorry Sweet Annie had to miss oiut, though, darned Atlantic Ocean)
Double darn :(

kimlovescats
02-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh My GOSH..... WELCOME HOME BOB!!!!! Tell us his story, and kiss Steve in the meantime!!!:D

kimlovescats
02-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Oops, ok, I read further down and see what Bob's story is! So sad that he lost his owner, and that he is ill.... but what a wonderful stroke of luck he has gotten by meeting up with Steve and you!!! Thank you soooooo much for taking this precious boy under your loving wings!!!!:)

Cataholic
02-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Oh, this is just lovely to read! Way to go Steve! Welcome home to Bob. And, Jen, you are a very lucky woman....as I suspect you already know.

PayItForward
02-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
And, Jen, you are a very lucky woman....as I suspect you already know.
I am very lucky to have such a wonderful understanding loving man as my life partner :D

RICHARD
02-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
I am very lucky to have such a wonderful understanding loving man as my life partner :D

Steve,

If you have any 'special requests', special dishes or want to buy some power tools...............

NOW'S the time to do it!!!!:eek: ;) :D :cool:

Miss Meow
02-29-2004, 04:52 PM
You two are angels :)

PayItForward
03-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Wish us luck, we hopfully will be taking Bob to the vets today. :)

Killearn Kitties
03-01-2004, 03:01 AM
Best of luck for your vet visit today Bob!

What a sweetie Bob looks. I hope he is comfortable with you and gets on well with the others.

Vio&Juni
03-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Best of luck for Bob :)

jenluckenbach
03-01-2004, 05:06 AM
The very BEST of luck with Bob at the vet.

Craftlady
03-01-2004, 05:09 AM
Good thoughts for Bob at his vet visit today.

Aspen and Misty
03-01-2004, 06:48 AM
ADORABLE!! Welcoem Bob! Your a cutie!!!

Congrats on saving this little one! Good luck with your vet visit!

Ash

catland
03-01-2004, 10:23 AM
What a wonderful story and a great way to start the week. Bless you for being so kind and taking in Bob. We had a cat with kidney failure and she lived for another three years after her diagnosis.

You are wonderful people.

catlover4ever
03-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Well, a BIG hearty WELCOME to Bob!!!:D Quite the handsome fella if you ask me. A wonderful heart warming story. May Bob have many glorious days in your care.

ramanth
03-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Bob's story just brought tears to my eyes! What a sweetie. Best of luck at the vets 'Stinky'. :D

PayItForward
03-01-2004, 11:51 AM
*Cries *

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=640624#post640624

jenluckenbach
03-01-2004, 11:58 AM
I am SOOOOOOOOO sorry!
{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

Logan
03-01-2004, 12:03 PM
I want to hug both of you in a big way for even giving Bob the chance. Now that I have read the link you just posted, I'm even more inclined to hug you both. I hope that these last few days will be happy ones for Bob, although I know they won't be for you. :( Thank you for all you have done to make these days better for him.

shais_mom
03-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Thank you for giving Bob a chance. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.