PDA

View Full Version : how many of us are early babies?????

Truffles
02-28-2004, 04:10 PM
hey,

i was just wondering of how many here where born earlier that expected??????????

i am an early baby

i was supposed to be born on april 8th 1980 but i came out on march 28th 1980 :p

marylyn:cool:

Karen
02-28-2004, 04:20 PM
All my mother's babies were premature. I was about 5 weeks early, which was further along than my elder two (surviving) siblings.

wolfsoul
02-28-2004, 04:28 PM
I was two weeks early, but my mom had a C-section so I guess that doesn't count lol. Her blood pressure was through the roof (she's had bad heart problems in the past) and they were afraid that she'd die if they let her have a baby naturally, let alone in two weeks. So after she was at the doctor's, they rushed her to the hospital immediatly for an emergency cesarean. And there I was! lol. If I would have been in her stomach for those extra two weeks, I would have been around ten pounds when I was born. My family has really big babies. The biggest fo far was 13 pounds. :D

Uabassoon
02-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm not really sure if I was early or not, I never asked my mom. All I know is that i was an accident (I mean surprise :) ) and that I ruined my dad and grandma's fishing trip. I was born on memorial day and they were supposed to go fishing that morning, but my dad had to cancel his plans :).

GoldenRetrLuver
02-28-2004, 04:31 PM
I was a late baby, lol. I was supposed to be born on September 28th, 1989 which is the same birthday as my cousin, but I was born on October 6th. So, I was about a week late.

Twisterdog
02-28-2004, 04:37 PM
I don't really know. I suppose I was about on time, since I don't recall it ever being mentioned.

My niece and I were pregnant at the same time, her baby being due the first week of May, and mine being due the last week of May. So, we were expecting them to be no more then three weeks apart, and if hers was a little late and mine was a little early ... they might even be born on the same day!

What actually happened was her baby was born three weeks early, on April 19 and my baby was born three weeks late, June 12 ... so they are almost two months apart!

tikeyas_mom
02-28-2004, 04:47 PM
I was suppost to be born October 5th, but I was born September 26th instead.. ;)

cali
02-28-2004, 04:50 PM
i was, I was supposed to be born November 7th 1987 but I was born Oct. 29th 1987 instead, so not much early but early non the less!:p

popcornbird
02-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
I was a late baby, lol. I was supposed to be born on September 28th, 1989 which is the same birthday as my cousin, but I was born on October 6th. So, I was about a week late.

Cool! Ju Ju Bean was a stubborn baby like me! :D :p I was born a week later than the date I was supposed to. I guess I was afraid to come out into this crazy world. ;)

Uabassoon
02-28-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm amazed at how many of you know when your due date was. I never even thought to ask my mom.

primabella
02-28-2004, 05:39 PM
I think I was late and even when my mom went into labor I was being a pain and didn't want to come out. LOL. I think I was due in July but was born in August. I'm glad I wasn't born in July...all the other girls in the family were born then so at least now I have that little "different" thing. :p

jenluckenbach
02-28-2004, 06:38 PM
I was due to be born on my mom's own birthday, Sept 9 but was early! Aug 7.................And I have been early for EVERYTHING since then, too. ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2004, 07:08 PM
I don't really know, although we assume late...when my mom was first pregnant with me thet told her it was just a bad case of nerves (and she has been suffering ever since :D) My brother was early (due early April, born March 23; and my sister was late (due in March, born April 2). My niece was right on time :) Due January 11...the very day Christy went in to labor, and born around 1:30am the 12th

binka_nugget
02-28-2004, 07:20 PM
I was an early baby. I was due on December 1st but ended up being born on November 20th. My cousin, was due on November 20th but ended up being born on the day I was due, December 1st.

Dogz
02-28-2004, 07:31 PM
I don't know exactly when, but I was supposed to be born in August. I was born in June.

Truffles
02-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I'm amazed at how many of you know when your due date was. I never even thought to ask my mom.

LOL i never really asked my mom she told my brothers and me at the dinner table one night the story of when i was born.:p

Marylyn

Karen
02-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Because my mother had such difficulties with her pregnancies, we were told her history. In my case there was a good reason. She had been told after my big sister that she wouldn't have any more children. Well, 5 years later, she was pregnant with me. She had always wanted to name a boy after my Dad, but Dad was not too keen on the idea. So he said "Okay, here's your one chance. If this baby is born AFTER my birthday (knowing she was dues about 6 weeks after his birthday, but as I said, always had pemies), and it's a boy, then you can name this one Junior. Well, I was born the day after his birthday, but I was (and am) a GIRL. Poor ma, she never did get a Donald Junior, but dad was pretty happy about it!

zippy-kat
02-28-2004, 08:33 PM
I was one month early. :)

Amber
02-28-2004, 09:08 PM
I was supposed to be born March 3rd but I was born March 6th

luckies4me
02-28-2004, 09:14 PM
I was born two weeks early. :)

CountryWolf07
02-28-2004, 09:17 PM
I was supposed to be born in November, but I was born on Sept. 21, 1984. Yes, I was a premie. I was 7 weeks early..

Corinna
02-28-2004, 09:25 PM
I was born April 8th instead of May 10th. But both my kids were about 2 weeks late.

G.P.girl
02-29-2004, 12:38 AM
i think i was like three weeks late actually...i was a big baby, like over 9 lbs:rolleyes: :o

neko1
02-29-2004, 06:48 AM
My date was January 10, but I was born January 9th.

Tonya
02-29-2004, 08:27 AM
I was late. I was supposed to be a boy, due in March. My cousin was supposed to be a girl, due in April. He wound up being born March 18th, and I was born April 1st. So our moms swapped clothes. lol.

ChrisH
02-29-2004, 08:30 AM
I was born one month early, May instead of June.

I know this because of a conversation my Mum and I had. She was telling me how I was an early birth and she became seriously ill after (don't know why but it was in 1946, medical science has moved on a lot since then) and the doctors were very worried about her. She swore that one night she awoke and saw an angel by her bedside who conveyed to her a great feeling of peace and healing. Real or illusion, she got better from then on in. :)

Chris

Blustang24
02-29-2004, 09:31 AM
I was due on August 23rd or 24th and put my mom through 24 hours of pain medication free labor.(Poor mom lol) I was born on Aug 25th instead. :)

shais_mom
03-02-2004, 11:31 PM
I was due in the middle of December and was born in the middle the 20th of October. I was about 4 pounds. Tho you can't tell it now!! :rolleyes:

Corinna
03-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Shai I know that one I only weighted 5lbs 2 oz . If mom had not been a nursing student I would have had to stay in the hospital till I gained 6 more oz.
Thank god you have more advanced technolgy today.

sirrahved
03-03-2004, 11:06 AM
My due date was March 14th, but I was born on the second of February.

Edwina's Secretary
03-03-2004, 11:27 AM
I was born three weeks late. My fingernails and hair were so long I kept getting my little hands caught in my hair. They had to cut my fingernails.

Logan
03-03-2004, 12:12 PM
My sister, who is almost 4 years older than me came 2 months early and gave my parents quite a scare. She was their first. My mom lost twin boys to premmature birth, 2 years later, on my sister's second birthday. :( They were taking no chances with me, and my mom had been put in the hospital to have a C-Section the next morning. But I guess I couldn't wait, as she went into labor with me that night in the hospital! She loves to tell the story of how the nurse on duty wouldn't believe that she was in labor, and how she got out of that bed, after 3 calls to the nurse, and told her that if she didn't get the doctor that minute, then she (my mother) would!!!! :) I love my mother. She is such a tough lady!!!!!! Sure enough, I was born that night, 30 minutes after midnight, not the scheduled time, obviously!!! :p

tutebugs
03-03-2004, 12:33 PM
I was born 2 months early...born December 20..was supposed to be born Feb 19-25(sometime in there) I weighed 3 lbs 5 ozs and stayed in the hospital til my original due date. They had quite a scare with me, I almost died a couple times.

K9karen
03-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Due date; Aug 6 (on their anniversary)..forced out June 6 (all my brother's fault.. everything to this very day is STILL his fault!! :p )10% chance of survival (in the olden days) and I'm still convinced that being fed "sugar water" for calories added fat cells to my body!!!!!

shais_mom
03-05-2004, 12:34 AM
My grandpa who would have been 84 yesterday, was so small when he was born ( I think around 3 pounds) that his 'bed' was a shoebox put in a dresser drawer b/c the Dr. said 'that baby isn't going to make it overnite. " and he lived to be 81!!! :)
And
MY sister 'celebrated' MY coming in to the world by breaking her arm!! She and my cousin were climbing into the haymow in my Aunt's barn and a swarm of bumble bees came at them and my sister beat my cousin down the ladder by falling!!!!!
so My aunt had to take her to the same hospital I was being born in to get her arm set.
And my dad's favorite thing to say is the fastest thing I ever did was be born. My mom was using a stationery bike and her water broke like I said earlier 2 months early. The drive to the hospital was 20 min and while my dad was parking the car my mom's dr. said "Nancy you are going to have this baby" and she said "no I am not I am not ready yet" and he said "well get ready!!!".
Then by the time my dad got into the hospital I was out!!!! He told him he had a daughter and dad said "But you can't teach a girl to drive truck" (Dad is a retired semi driver) and the Dr. said "Well?" and my dad said "Put her back in get her more done!!!!;)" The dr said "I can't" and he said "You took her out YOU put her back!!!" At least that is my dad's version of the story!!!! I am sure it is like a fish tail ~~ gotten bigger over the years!!!! ;) :D

EssTer
03-05-2004, 06:15 AM
ooo, so many early babies here are...:D

I'm not sure, but I think I'm not one of these early babies ...:D

Randi
03-05-2004, 07:40 AM
Seems that quite a few are born early, I was too - 3 weeks. But I've slowed down since. ;)

PJ's Mom
03-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Rottie is a twin. She and her brother were born about a month early. (He's 12 minutes older than she) :)

I didn't even know they were twins! :eek:

Toby's my baby
03-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Sara and I were early we were supposed to be born January 14 but we were born December 12

RedHedd
03-05-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't know how early I was - but I did arrive on my mother's birthday :). Both of us nearly died from the experience. As it was I was pulled out with forceps, feet first. The forceps slipped and damaged my left eyelid. I spent my first few weeks of life in an incubator. All 3 lbs. 8 oz. of me. The eyes took four surgeries spaced out over 13 years to correct. I'm still petite and you'd never know there was ever anything wrong with my eyes, at least physically. My vision (or increasing lack thereof) is another thing :rolleyes: ;)

Tonya
03-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I was born three weeks late. My fingernails and hair were so long I kept getting my little hands caught in my hair. They had to cut my fingernails.

That was Jaden. lol. He was 10 1/2 lbs, with long finger nails. When everyone was holding him in the room, he was holding his neck up on his own looking around. The doc put him on solid foods at 3 weeks. We always joke that I gave birth to a toddler.

Foam
03-05-2004, 06:09 PM
I think I was like..three weeks late. :eek: I was suppose to be born in November, and I was born in December. :) I was a 'mistake/surprise' too. :o I was also born not breathing for 17 minutes. That's a LONG time, and I was very very lucky to have survived. :)