PDA

View Full Version : We went to the Clicker Training grad....!!!!

DogLover9501
02-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Okay well if you've been following up, Jasper needs training AND I found a clicker trainer around here and she wanted us to go observe one of her classes, well the graduation.

So we went today, and it was ALOT of fun, the trainer is SO nice and funny, and she makes the classes so fun for the dogs and the owners.

This is how the graduation went...(SO FUN!!)...

First part of the grad, was a sort of obsticle course, a museum! All set up with chairs and things....

First they had to go to the entrance(between 2 chairs) and sit and the trainer(Tonji) gave their owner a ticket--to enter the museum lol and then they would walk in, and the owner had to whipe their paws on a towel.

Second they had to go to Lassies fitness test, and do a few puppy push-ups(sit, lay down, up, sit, lay down..etc)

Third they walked to a chair that had an old rock and a dented ball, that I think was the little hobos?? only toys, and they had to sit and stay as their owner showed them, and then gave a treat.

Fourth they walked to old yellers bone, that was on the floor and they had to "Leave it".

Fifth they had a chair with a stuff dog on it, who had (a famous dog--forget its name's) sweater on, and a hoola hoop around the chair, they had to walk around the hoola hoop and them walk around it the other way.

Sixth they had a bell(that dog who would know it was feeding time everytime a bell rang--what was the mans name??) anyway the owner lifted the bell up and the dog would push it with their nose.

Seventh was Eddie's(from fraiser) star blanket, the dogs had to lay on it and stay.

Then last there was a thing, like a gumball machine, and the owner would press down on the bone, and a treat came out, they ate it and then left the museum!!

Second part of the grad was like sharades, each owner got a card(if both owners was there with the dog the dog had to do 2 things).

So the first dog, was a beagle mix named Commet, the people with him was a woman and a little girl, and first card said he had to lay down on his mat, and stay there while they pretended to eat dinner, which he didnt do :o
His second card said he had to be running for a busy street and the owner had to call him and make him come back, to save his life! And the trainer called Commet, then when he started to run to her, the owners called him back lol and he didnt come back:o

The second dog, was another beagle mix lol named Cali. Her owners were a woman and her husband/boyfriend. Cali's first card said she had to sit and wait for her owner to open the door and go out, and then wait until she said "OK" and she did that :D
Her second card said she had to walk nicely by her owners side as her owner walked back from the market lol and Tonji(trainer) gave her a shopping bag lol and she walked back to her chair.

The third dog was a yorkie named Cody, her owners were a man and woman(about 40-50) and his first card said he could do a trick of his choice--well his owners choice:p So he sat and gave paw..lol and I forget his second card.

The fourth dog was a chocolate lab named Cleo, her owners were a man and a woman also, about the same ages as Cody's owners. Her first card said she had to sit and stay while her owner layed her food dish down, which she wouldnt do :o and I also forget her second card :(

And also the little girl who was with Commet, showed everyone how Commet gives her 10/both fives at once, is basically a "beg/sit pretty" it was cute.

And Cali waved goodbye:D

Then they had a race! Each dog, one out of time, one owner had to hold them at one end of the room, and the other owner would go to the line(tape) and call them, and they run to them, and were timed.

Then the last part was each dog, one by one, comming and sitting by the tape, then the trainer put a St.Patricks day bandana on them and a grad hat(except only Commet left it on :o), and gave their owners a certificate. And then that was it! They were graduated :D

It was alot of fun to watch!

Jasper's first class is on Saturday, March 13th, but he doesnt go, thats just the orientation(sp) he goes the next Saturday after.

Sorry its so long :o :o :o But it was a really fun experience!

K9soul
02-28-2004, 02:37 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun! I bet you can't wait to start! I bet Jasper will do so well with that, and you will too! :)

ParNone
02-28-2004, 02:46 PM
wow! what a creative trainer! I would love to take that class with Oz. Sounds like it's a blast!

Par...

DogLover9501
02-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Yes she's VERY creative, really nice!!

DogLover9501
02-28-2004, 09:16 PM
:( Bump :(

aly
02-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Sounds really similar to the classes I co-teach at the shelter. They are a ton of fun!! You'll love it.

I always shed a few tears at graduation because I'll miss the dogs. We even play "Pomp and Circumstance", the graduation song.

I'm glad you found an appropriate class. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

DogLover9501
02-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Yeah it was so fun!!! :D :D :D

clara4457
02-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Sounds great!! It is always nice to hear about classes that make them so much fun for both dog and handler. Sounds like a keeper and I expect weekly updates on what you did in class. :D

DogLover9501
02-29-2004, 11:54 AM
HeHe Oh don't worry--I'll be updating!!