PDA

View Full Version : It's ours!

Moose
02-28-2004, 10:03 AM
We got a call this morning and guess who it was from...the realtor we gave the offer to for the house in Huntington Beach. :):eek::)

It's ours!!! :D Oh man, I almost peed my pants when he called lol. I'm not kidding guys, the second we move down there and get settled in...you're all invited. :):D:p

The realtor said we could move in anytime after March 13th, but we probably won't be doing anything until May [Josh and I still have to finish school].

Anyway...expect more updates soon! :p:D

bluekat
02-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Ohhh, Congrats!!!:D I'm so happy for you!Its really fun moving to a new house. Hope you love your new house!:)

Hmm...if you're moving in May, then maybe I could come in the summer;)

Kfamr
02-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Congrats!

I better not be before the meeting or i'll hunt you down!!! :p

Moose
02-28-2004, 10:50 AM
lol Tiffany...go right ahead, just make sure you call first!! :p

HeyHey KayKay...no worries. :p;):p

GoldenRetrLuver
02-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Congratulations!! :D
You expect me at your *new* house, let's say...the first day you move up. ;)

CamCamPup33
02-28-2004, 11:29 AM
NO! :( I mean, im happy for you, BUT now you will be sooo far from me! lmao, and we never had that mini-meeting! And you live like 30 minutes from me! :( lol, But CONGRATS! :D

Moose
02-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Jules, I'll be expecting you! :p:D:p

Amber, no worries...we still have a couple months to make that meeting happen! Plus, I'll still be in Key West occasionally when I visit my parents. :D:p:D

GoldenRetrLuver
02-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
NO! :( I mean, im happy for you, BUT now you will be sooo far from me! lmao, and we never had that mini-meeting! And you live like 30 minutes from me! :( lol, But CONGRATS! :D

It's because she wanted to live closer to ME. :D;):p

Kfamr
02-28-2004, 12:35 PM
What the heck! :mad: :mad:
Who votes this badly?
UGH I'm sick of the immature idiot[s] who keep[s] down rating threads! :mad:

lovemyshiba
02-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Congrats on getting the house!!!!!
I'm sure you and the pups will love it!!!

Any pics??:)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
What the heck! :mad: :mad:
Who votes this badly?
UGH I'm sick of the immature idiot[s] who keep[s] down rating threads! :mad:

I noticed that too. :mad::(
Stupid person/people...just plain immaturity. :rolleyes:

Karen
02-28-2004, 12:53 PM
KayAnn, just ignore the stars. Frankly, I think of one star as "better than normal" and so on up, so any number of stars is good!

Moose/Brooke - congratulations on home ownership! Now, work hard on school, and on graduating, and in spare moments, you can go ogle and clean and get the house ready!

My first recommendation? Pack all your dishes in papertowels. That saves in two ways -
1. You won't feel the need to wash every dish again before you use it, like you would wrapping it in newsprint and

2. When moving in to a new place, you can never have too much paper towel on hand. Moving is just dirty work!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Congratualtions Brooke! How fun... IMHO, moving SUCKS! *cough* I'll come help you though! Along with half the population of Pettalk! We could form a small town... we have over 6,000 members! *My mind is wandering away*

COMGRATS! I can't wait to see pics!

luckies4me
02-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Whoo hoo! I pretty much grew up in Huntington Beach! What street is it on? I lived about 4 minutes walking distance from the beach. :D You are talking about California right? LOL :p

That's one thing I miss about being here in Oregon now, the beach. I could go whenever I wanted, anyday, everyday. Now I have to drive two hours away. It's nice just having it a few short minutes away. But that's the only thing I miss about California, everything else I could care less about.

luckies4me
02-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Ooh ya, I lived on California street. You know what cool? At one of the Taco Bells there, they have tons of squirrels that run around LOL. I don't remember what street it's on, but the Taco Bell is full of squirrels. :p

Hey, you know, Newport Beach has an excellent fish market too. I don't know if you like seafood or not, but they have the best fish there!

Moose
02-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I actually didn't even take any pictures of the house, but Josh and I will be dropping down there again sometime in March so I will be sure to take some...along with a whole heck of a lot of the dogs. :D

Karen, that is a great idea! I never even would have thought of that! Thanks!! :D:):D

Cass, it is a neighborhood off of Ellis Ave. Our house is on Horseshoe Lane. The whole area is actually really cute, all the names of the streets are "horse" related [i.e. Silverspur Lane, Quarterhorse Lane, Shire Circle, Polo Circle, Derby Circle, Corral Circle, Pimlico Circle, etc.].

Just for comparison sake, Cass, here is a little picture of the location we got off MapQuest.com. :)
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MooseNBrooke/untitled.bmp
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MooseNBrooke/untitled2.bmp

And the "driving route" from our house to California Street [again, just for comparison] :).
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MooseNBrooke/CAC1IJ05.gif
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MooseNBrooke/untitled3.bmp

They are like 5 minutes apart. :)

Rottieluver45
02-28-2004, 01:51 PM
YAY!! Congrats on the new house. I`m sure you`ll fill it with lots of memories!

Moose
02-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
YAY!! Congrats on the new house. I`m sure you`ll fill it with lots of memories!

Thanks. :D

luckies4me
02-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Cool! So chances are I might see you around there sometime LOL. There's a cool shop at the end of Main Street, but I don't...oh ya, the Electric Chair I think it's called. It's one of the coolest shops there, or at least I think so.

You are not too far from the stables either. Thinking of getting a horse? ;)

green_chameleon_girl
02-28-2004, 01:58 PM
:eek: :eek: CONGRATS:D:D:D:D:D

Moose
02-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Cool! So chances are I might see you around there sometime LOL. There's a cool shop at the end of Main Street, but I don't...oh ya, the Electric Chair I think it's called. It's one of the coolest shops there, or at least I think so.

You are not too far from the stables either. Thinking of getting a horse? ;)

Of course, if you are ever around...let us know. :) Anyone is welcome to stop by. :D I'll have to check that store out, thanks for the heads up.

A horse? Um...no. lol.

Thanks Heather. :)

Tweety_Pie
02-28-2004, 02:02 PM
yay! congrats Brooke! :D

Moose
02-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Thanks Kelsey. :)