PDA

View Full Version : Dry scalp... Please help

Friendy2004
02-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Hello! Like a lot of people, in the winter I get dry, flaky skin on my scalp. Granted, I am a blonde, so it's hard to really notice, but I do wear a lot of dark tops :p

Do any of you have suggestions for a shampoo or home remedy that I could use? I've tried Head and Shoulders, but it makes my head itch :(

Thanks!!!
-Amanda

cali
02-28-2004, 09:24 AM
good question I have horrable dandruff and I only have dark cloths lol nizariol(sp?) does not seem to work very well, and I have heard bad things about head and shoulders. the dandruff is just embarrissing :o

G.P.girl
02-28-2004, 10:33 AM
yeah i use that neutrogena T plus or something...it's kinda expensive, but it works pretty well

trayi52
02-28-2004, 10:39 AM
You have dry scalp, well my problem is like too much static in my hair. I can only brush my hair then hurry and put it in a ponytail, to keep it from just floating around my face and tickling my cheeks and getting into my eyes.

What do I do about that? Do I have to wrap my head in bouce sheets the whole winter??:confused:

I hate static (electric feels like)! I think I could power this computer with it!

Help me too!!

Kfamr
02-28-2004, 10:44 AM
I get dry scalp alot in the winter too, and unlike you, I have VERY dark hair. My hair is a brown/black color.

You can't really see it, but I know it's there and it bothers the heck out of me lol.

I have no suggestions though.

Nomilynn
02-28-2004, 11:27 AM
For static, you can spray Static guard on your hair brush and brush it through your hair. It works GREAT. I just try not to spray the aerosol around the cats. It doesn't leave any residue, doesn't stink and doesn't weigh down my hair.

For itchy skin, try Scalpicin (sp?). It's a clear liquid that you squeeze right onto the itchy part of your head. It has menthol in it and really cools. It also doesn't leave anything in your hair.

As for the flakes, I can't help you there :p Maybe try a moisturizing shampoo?

trayi52
02-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks Nomilynn, I have been trying for so long to find something that would work for my static problem!

Willie

Randi
02-28-2004, 12:24 PM
I would go for one of the expensive shampoos you buy at hairdressers, they really go a long way - you use half of what you do of a supermarket shampoo. My girlfriend gets itchy scalp in the winter and so do I. She uses one from Kerastase (spelling?) I use a John Frieda, but there's also Redkin and other good ones. :)

Also, don't wash you hair every day and when you do, keep the water as cool as you can handle. ;)

Kfamr
02-28-2004, 12:40 PM
My hair would be one big knotty greeseball if I didn't wash it and put conditioner in it everyday.

It's fine in the summer, it's just the darn winter!

GoldenRetrLuver
02-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
My hair would be one big knotty greeseball if I didn't wash it and put conditioner in it everyday.

Same here! If I don't wash it, I feel dirty.
I don't have a problem with Dandruff...but when my scalp gets burnt from the sun, it's not fun. It happened when I went to Arizona.

cubby31682
02-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I have thick hair with a static problem, and I have dry scalp all year long it is starting to really drive me crazy. I will have to try some of the ideas and some of the shampoos that people have recomended on here as well. Thank you every one.

Katie

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-29-2004, 05:55 AM
I have a very sensative scalp and since moving to Germany, had been battling dandruff. The water here is so hard and bad for your hair and skin. I had tried everyother store bought dandruff shampoo and nothing working. Anyhow, my hairdresser suggested Nexxus Danderrest. I have been using it since and it got rid of my dandruff from the very first use!! You can only purchase it in salons or online. It is a bit more expensive than store bought shampoos, but it is totally worth it! I get the 300 ml bottle for $7.20 from Spiral HairCase Online! (http://www.spiralhaircase.com/nexxus.html) . I have recommended this shampoo to everyone who has complained about dandruff and dry scalp!