PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Discovery>>>> Very Upset!!!

kimlovescats
02-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Oh my dear God!!! I had noticed that one of the kittens (nursing babies) had it's neck hair all matted down... but I thought it was just crusted over with milk! Well, today by further examination of both of the babies, I find that they both have the exact same cuts on their necks! The baby girl's has also split wide open!!!! I called the "rescue" that I am fostering for, and she put me off all afternoon. Finally, my vet returned my call a few minutes ago! From what I described, which I basically revealed the possiblities to myself as I described it to him, that it looked as though their throats had been slit from ear to ear.... at least that's the severity of the baby girls!!! :eek: He said that he thinks that IS what happened!!!! :confused: :( :( :( WHO could do something like this????? I have had these babies a week and didn't even notice it ... but my vet thinks that someone may have tried to GLUE the wounds closed, to hide what they had done, and now they are finally working themselves open!!! My heart is just flooded with sickness, sadness, anger and grief!!!! He told me to put Neosporin on them and come by and pick up antibiotics tomorrow!!!

Oh yeah.... I had also wondered why there were only two kittens to this litter... I sure hope that doesn't mean there WERE more!

Look at the pictures I just took of these two babies!!!! :( :( :(

http://www.kimscats.com/2.27.04_231.jpg

http://www.kimscats.com/2.27.04_234.jpg:mad: :(

Nomilynn
02-27-2004, 10:08 PM
:eek:

What a great blessing you are to these kittens!!

Keep us updated :)

guster girl
02-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Omigosh. I can't believe someone would do that. Were the kittens born in the shelter? If they were, that shelter has some explaining to do. Does it seem like they're going to be alright? Please keep us posted. :(

Uniqueviking
02-27-2004, 10:32 PM
OMG...I simply don't understand humans. How CAN they do something as horrible as that to such an innocent little life. Things like that really brings tears to my eyes, and I seriously want to hurt the person/persons who did that. :mad:

Karen
02-27-2004, 10:45 PM
How awful. Bless you for caring, and I hope they heal quickly. May the person who did this to them be forever haunted by their cries.

jazzcat
02-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm at a loss for words. Those poor little babies.

Steffi N
02-27-2004, 11:17 PM
These poor babies. How can someone do something so cruel. I hope with all my heart that they will heal and be all right.

RedHedd
02-28-2004, 12:19 AM
OMG! Kim, how horrible! You are indeed an angel to be fostering them and giving them a chance to heal and live long healthy lives! I'm speechless at the cruelty of some people! :mad:

Miss Meow
02-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Oh no, I can't believe the things people do :mad:

kitten645
02-28-2004, 12:47 AM
There are sick sick people (and I use the term losley). How can anyone see a baby and try to kill it in such a cruel way? Please find out the background because these abusers will continue to hurt innocents. You are such an incredible angel for these poor babies. They must have a special place in this world to survive such a horror. Bless you and all the work you do.
Claudia

Uabassoon
02-28-2004, 03:08 AM
OMG those poor babies! That's horrible, thankfully they are being taken care of by you now and their lives have been saved. I don't understand how anyone could have possibly done that to those cute little faces.

CathyBogart
02-28-2004, 03:25 AM
Oh NO! That brought tears to my eyes, poor kitties!! I'm so glad they found you! :( :( :( :(

moosmom
02-28-2004, 03:26 AM
Oh Kim how terrible!!! Those poor precious babies. At least they are with you now. And I hope whoever did this to them rots in hell!!!! :mad:

Kirsten
02-28-2004, 03:28 AM
OMG, I'm speechless and so sorry!!! :( :( :(

Would like to go and do the same to that a**hole who did that!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Don't even want to think about what happened to the rest of the litter (if there was a rest, Lily's mommy also had two babies only).

Wonder how many sick people are living in this world, almost every day there are news about cruelty to animals. What a poor species we are! :(

I'm so glad the kittens are with you now, I know you'll care for them and I hope they will completely recover.

Kirsten

Barbara
02-28-2004, 03:44 AM
What a horrible horrible story:mad:

I just shiver by thinking of that maybe you meet jerks like that one every day in the supermarket and they haven't got a mark on their forehead:mad:

I hope the poor little ones recover from that terrible experience. It's people like you who help me think that mankind isn't all bad:(

PayItForward
02-28-2004, 04:16 AM
That is terrible :(

How could anyone hurt those kittens and then try to mend them...It just doesn't make sense. :(

Will they heal all right ?

carole
02-28-2004, 04:18 AM
Oh Kim I felt sick to the stomach when I read your thread and saw those pics, this is just terrible, I can imagine how you must have felt on discovering this, those poor wee souls, thank goodness you have them in your care, they will be blessed from now on and cherished and showered with love, my thoughts are with you, and I sure hope these little darlins can make a complete recovery.

Kirsten
02-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

I just shiver by thinking of that maybe you meet jerks like that one every day in the supermarket and they haven't got a mark on their forehead:mad:

(

I totally agree!!! :mad:

But it's people like Kim and many others here that are giving is hope...

Kirsten

catnapper
02-28-2004, 06:36 AM
I am filled with rage and they aren't even here with me! Who on Earth would do that to a kitten? Well, look at the lovely Grover, she had a terrible story before she was rescued! What makes people do such sick and dreadful things? I know it happens, but it still enrages me whenever I hear it - haven't people figured out by now that its just plain WRONG? Boy, I wish in cases like this that you could give the jerk a taste of their own "medicine" and hold knife to their throat.

I hope the wounds don't open more, and I'm glad that you can get the antibiotics just in case.

GLUED??? How utterly disturbing. :mad:

Please let us know when the other person calls you back! She must know something or otherwise wouldn't be dodging your calls so much.

ChrisH
02-28-2004, 07:01 AM
OMG!! That is so terrible! :( Poor, poor, babies. :(

Thank God they have you to take care of them now. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris

smokey the elder
02-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Those poor kittens! I just can't believe how cruel some people are. What's that all about, anyway??:mad:

K & L
02-28-2004, 07:15 AM
OMG! Kim this is sickening. Why did the rescue group put you off? This just makes my heart hurt. Will the wounds need stitching up? I'm SO glad they have you to care for them. Poor little babies. Please keep us posted on their recovery.

catlady1945
02-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Poor little things! What I don't understand is - if you don't want an animal, take it to a shelter.

catmandu
02-28-2004, 08:52 AM
When People do terrible things , they call them Animals. But Animals are not any where , near as sadistic , as the Filth , that would do such a thinhg. Thank God , they are in a place , where they can heal! bless You , and if they are fit enough , they will have a special place at the Partee! with all , they want to eat and drink. Please keep us updated.

kuhio98
02-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I pray for the recovery of these kitties bodies and spirits.
I pray that there is a special room in hell for people who can do this kind of thing.

We really need a smiley with tears coming out of the eyes because I'm bawling just looking at those pictures.

Kirsten
02-28-2004, 01:09 PM
When People do terrible things , they call them Animals. But Animals are not any where , near as sadistic , as the Filth , that would do such a thinhg.

Exactly!!! :mad: Well said!!

Kirsten

kimlovescats
02-28-2004, 01:11 PM
After I had put Neosporin on the babies' necks, I left the room to let them rest for a while. Later on I heard one of the babies screaming .... I went in to find the wound was much further open, and muscle tissue was hanging out and the baby was gurgling in pain!!!! :( :( :( I immediately called the rescue, and INSISTED that these babies go to the Emergency Vet ASAP! It was 11:00pm and Jerry and I were going to bed when I heard this baby scream, but I called and woke Sherry (rescue owner) and got her out of bed! They left for the Emergency vets at midnight!
She called me a while later and confirmed that this vet also agreed with my vet's theory .... that someone had slit these babies throats and then tried to hide it by glueing the wounds shut!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The ER vet was going to stitch up baby bearess' neck and keep them over night! I just spoke with Sherry and she hasn't gotten an update on them yet! But we are hoping and assuming that no news is good news!!! Please pray that these babies are going to be all right now, and back in my care soon!!!! :(

Kirsten
02-28-2004, 01:21 PM
OMG, I'm so sorry, (((Kim)))!!! Poor, poor babies, they must be so much in pain and discomfort!!!

Positive thoughts are on its way for the kittens, I really really hope they can help them at the vet clinic!

It's really beyond me what a person can do such a cruel thing to a living creature, better don't ask me what I would like to do to such a creep!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kirsten

trayi52
02-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh Kim, this is just horrible. I just can't imagine somebody cutting the throats of these precious little babies. Oh god, what kind of world do we live in. I would like to know what happen to these precious babies! I don't blame you for being so upset about this.

I am outraged to see such cruelty happening in the very state I live in. Thank God for people like you Kim. Tennessee is very lucky to have somebody such as yourself living in this state.

Willie

Kirsten
02-28-2004, 01:23 PM
double posting, sorry... :o

Kirsten

catlover4ever
02-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Kim, I just PM'd you because my Tucker gets like this under her neck every year. Neither my vet nor I know exactly what causes her to get like this but I go through Tucker having neck lesions every year.

I sure hope this is not something that someone did to them :mad: but instead maybe it is something like what my Tucker goes through instead (best case senario). I will keep the babies and you in my prayers. --- Meg

kimlovescats
02-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Meg, thanks for the pm... but unfortunatley these lesions are so very straight and right between the line from "ear to ear". I don't know whether your saw my update just before this one ... but, Bearess' wound got much worse and she had to have it stitched up. Both of the babies are still at the vet, and I am hoping to get a good update AND have them back here with me later today!!!

FINGERS AND PAWS CROSSED!!!!! :(

catnapper
02-28-2004, 02:51 PM
It just gets worse. How can someone be so stupid? I am praying that these little precious ones are going to be fine. hopefully the stitches take and she heals over as if there was no wound. My heart is breaking to read about this.:(

rpcathouse
02-28-2004, 03:12 PM
I am sorry just had time to start to read what has been happening here at PT. I am so sorry to hear about the 2 wee furbabies. My heart goes out to you and the furbabies. My great-ganny use to say what you do to a cat will come back at you. This I have seen and know to be true even if it is a old wives tale. The furbabies have place their lives in the our hands and some ones hand are tainted with blood. Thank God there are wonderful people who's hands they have past to. He does know who to send these babies to, doesn't he. Everyone here at the cathouse will be praying for your babies.

Stella

Steffi N
02-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Please, please let these precious babies be healed. Bless you, Kim, will wait anxiously for an update.

rg_girlca
02-28-2004, 04:05 PM
OMG Kim, poor, defenseless little babies, poor you. This is so horrible. How cruel can a person be. This is the worse story I have ever heard. I am so glad that you were able to bring these precious babies to an emergency vet. I hope and pray that they have a complete and full recovery.
Bless you Kim for being there for these little ones.
I feel sick to my stomach and I'm so choked up over this.

KIM: This tough time will end. Just know in your heart that
you don't need to go it "Alone."
We will always be here for you.

catlover4ever
02-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Kim, I had not seen the update (my home computer is so very slow) but I did just all of the posts. I am so very sorry, and many, many prayers are being said tonight. Kim, thoses babies are SO VERY LUCKY to have you caring for them. I pray for the best for you and for them. --- Meg

CatDad
02-28-2004, 06:58 PM
I sure hope the little ones will be OK. I am looking forward to good news.

As for the someone who could do such a thing, I hopr that will rot.

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2004, 07:30 PM
How awful!!! I'm glad these poor kittens found you to care for them. I can't imagine the pain they must have in their short little lives. People canbe so disgusting!

Felicia's Mom
02-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Bless you for being there to care for them.

sirrahbed
02-28-2004, 08:50 PM
OMG I looked at these two tiny creatures last night, oohhhed and ahhed... and have been gone all day and now see this - how incredibly awful. I am speechless. So sad for these tiny creatures and wondering, Kim, just how YOU must be feeling. I am hoping so for some good news. My mind cannot fathom HOW a person could do such a thing to a living being - I can't even make my mind go there. Look at those little precious faces and know what they have already endured?? OMG - it is too much. Oh please keep us posted. It will be so good to hear that they are back in your loving hands!!

Nomilynn
02-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Kim,

This is just so sad. Please let us know how they are doing :(

Naomi

kimlovescats
02-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Thank GOD, that baby Bearess made it through the anesthesia and now has tons of stitches and a drain tube sticking out of her tiny neck! :( They are both on Clavamox, as is Mom ... because she is starting an URI!:rolleyes:

I was so worried that baby Bearess wouldn't make it, but the vet seems to think she will be fine .... she is just sooooo tiny though. The poor baby still cries when you lift her, so I'm just letting her rest quietly in the bed with Mom and brother for tonight. Tomorrow I might attempt to take a picture of her for you, but I don't want to hurt her any more!!!

Please continue to keep these precious creatures in your prayers, and pray that Missy (Mom) won't pull the tube or stitches out! I am sooo scared about that!!!:(

Nomilynn
02-28-2004, 10:08 PM
I will keep you all in my prayers!

rg_girlca
02-28-2004, 10:21 PM
SENDING SPECIAL PRAYERS UP ABOVE.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p29b115c6203e10fbcbc81809b4d41423/f97d4938.jpg

Please Dear God:
Keep watch over these two precious babies who still need your help and make sure that their furmom does no harm to them.
Also, please put your hand on meowmie Kim, to help her through these trying times.
Thank-you.

Aspen and Misty
02-28-2004, 10:42 PM
OMG! I just found this thread!!! :( :( :( Prayers on the way!! The poor darlings! I'm so glad you were there for them ::hugs:: I can't imagine the pain they are going through :(

Ash

boscibo
02-29-2004, 08:06 AM
That is horrible! I can't imagine what went through the mind of the person who did this.

Good thoughts coming for the recovery of the two little ones.

QueenScoopalot
02-29-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm glad that you discovered this! Poor poor infants didn't deserve such a horrible introduction to the world. I've had queens try to kill kitens before by biting their necks, but it sounds like attempted murder for these kittens. This world makes me so disgusted. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kirsten
02-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Kim, I'm glad to hear they have made it through the night! I'll keep them in my thoughts, please keep us updated!

Kirsten

Lilith Cherry
02-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Poor small babies!! I do so hope they will recover very quickly and feel playful and happy once again.... at least they have a "guardian angel" to take care of them!

I will be praying for you all,

Lilith

Cataholic
02-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Kim
I am sickened by such an act of cruelty. Prayers on the way down that these two little ones are feeling better, and SAFE in your home, and that Momma doesn't get too frightened by all this.
Johanna

Barbara
02-29-2004, 11:18 AM
I have to think of these little ones all the time. I send my best thoughts and my heart goes out to them.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

catcrazylady
02-29-2004, 11:31 AM
I have been so out of touch lately! I am working so hard on getting the website for the shelter caught up. I finally check in today and see this! It's hard to type with the teary eyes and I'm just in such shock. I'm so angry, sad, and just plain horrified! I really don't know what to say.
We have to believe that cruel people will be paid back tenfold for their actions! I also believe that good people will recieve their just rewards. In which case Kim you have many jewels in your crown!!!
I have many things I would like to say about the moron who did this but it won't help the poor babies now so I'm going to let that go and be thankful that they are all in a kind and loving place with you. Their torment is now over and the healing with love and kindness has begun.
Lots of prayers are on the way. I'm not only praying for a quick and pain free healing for the babies but I'm also praying for you Kim. What an emotionally horrible thing to have to deal with. You decide to foster again and almost immediately you have to deal with something like this. God Bless you and others who take on so much emotional pain just to help the innocents.

jazzcat
02-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Prayers are on the way.

Corinna
02-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Yesterday as I was reading the up date my 20 year old son was standing near by (Ididn't know it) so last night as we were going to bed he asked how the kittens were I had no idea what he ment we only have 2 adult cats(his) . She said the kitties on pet chat that had their thoats cut. I was amazed he knew let alone had read it . so I read him the up dates he was releaved. I guess it reached him couse thei mom looks just like his Winky(14 male tux) one of the kittens looks like Ebony(3 black long hair)
The moral iof this story you never know what or who our board is going ot effect. I can tell you two kitties here got lots of love and treats last night.

Ps we are praying hard for the little ones. Also glad your are far away or i suspect we'd be in line for mom cat.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-29-2004, 03:59 PM
That picture literally makes me SICK to my stomach. Thank you for taking care of them!

guster girl
02-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Was it ever discovered if these kittens were born in the shelter or brought in after birth? I'm just really curious! I'm glad they're doing alright, but, still worried. Thanks for keeping this thread going.

boscibo
02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Are there any updates on how the kittens are doing Kim? I am so broken up about them. :(

kimlovescats
02-29-2004, 06:32 PM
This mom and her kittens were an owner surrender at the Maury County Shelter. The owner of the rescue I foster for, regularly goes to other high-kill shelters and pulls animals ... this is what she did with this mom and babies. Apparently she nor the shelter examined these kittens very closely. But then again, I didn't pull their little heads back far enough to see into the fold of their necks until after I had them a week either! :( It's just such a sad situation .... and I wish to GOD that whoever originally did this to these kittens would be prosecuted!!!!

Tonya
02-29-2004, 07:14 PM
OMG. My heart dropped into my stomach when I saw those pictures. That is so sickening and heart breaking. How can someone do such a thing? These kitties are little angels. Poor babies to have to go through that. I'm glad that they are in your care now.

krazyaboutkatz
02-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Kim, this is just so horrific. I'm at a loss for words.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please keep us updated.

Bastet27
02-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Ohhh poor kitties! It makes me feel sick that someone would do such a thing!

popcornbird
03-01-2004, 12:55 AM
OMG! :(:( Poor babies! It sickens me that someone would be so heartless to do something as cruel as this! These kittens sure are lucky to have found you! I'll be praying for their quick recovery. Keep us updated.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Kim, I just got back onto PT and only saw this thread now.

Keeping both you and the preciuous kitties in my prayers - Bless You for caring for them.

(((HUGS))))

Julie

Kirsten
03-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Any updates, Kim?

I hope the kittens are doing better meanwhile!

Kirsten

Logan
03-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Kim, I haven't been around all weekend, so I totally missed this before. Thank goodness you noticed and now they can heal from those horrible wounds. Makes me so mad and sick to think of how cruel people can be. Please keep us posted as you can, and thank you for all that you do.

ramanth
03-01-2004, 11:02 AM
How sickening! :mad: :(

Thank goodness the little darlings have you to care for them. *hugs* I hope they get better real soon.

Vermontcat
03-01-2004, 11:25 AM
When I first saw this thread I was too sickened to reply.
I can't believe that someone would do such a thing to those two perfectly beautiful kittens.:(
Have you checked the mother cat too to make sure that she doesn't have any wounds either?
I hope you will post an update soon letting us know how those sweet babies are doing.

dappledoxie
03-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Oh no! How terrible for those little babies!

gini
03-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I am stunned and shocked that someone could do this to tiny kittens. If you ever wonder if there is true evil in the world - there you have it.

Thank God they have you. This has just brought tears to my eyes.

Please keep us posted.

rg_girlca
03-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Kim, how are the babies and mama doing today and how are you holding up through all of this?
Sending (((((HUGS))))) and prayers to you that everyone is doing a bit better today.

emily_the_spoiled
03-01-2004, 02:40 PM
It took me a few tries before I could read the complete thread. I can't believe that there are people in this world that are that inhuman.

Thank you Kim for taking care of these little kittens and their mother. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Cheryl

Steffi N
03-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Kim, I am very concerned about you and the babies. Please if you have any news, share it with us.

kimlovescats
03-01-2004, 04:50 PM
The kittens are doing very well, thanks for the prayers and concerns!

Kirsten
03-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh, Kim, after all the other sad news I've heard today, these are good ones!

I'm happy for you and the kittens! :) Are they still in the vet clinic? Or are they back home with you?

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-01-2004, 05:00 PM
This is so horrible, and I'm beyond words at the fact that someone would do something like this to such adorable little kittens.

All I know is they will never have to worry about anything like that happening to them again now that they are in your care, Kim. I'm so glad they're both going to be ok.

It's just so sad that there has to be people like that in the world. :(

rg_girlca
03-01-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm so glad to hear the babies are doing better Kim. How could they not be, being under the love and care of an Angel.
As Kirsten said, with all the sad news on PT these days, this is refreshing to read.
I hope and pray that they continue to do well.

Steffi N
03-01-2004, 05:55 PM
So happy to read that the kittens are doing well. You are an angel, Kim.

leslie flenner
03-01-2004, 10:08 PM
So Kim, is it safe to assume that the owner who surrendered Missy and kits will be investigated and charged? OR, is it more safe to assume nothing will be done. Don't know if you are privy to this kind of information but am sure you are wanting to know! Is there an ASPCA kind of place with a law enforcement dept. that this can be reported to? They will ask for vet reports as evidence (as I recall from my involvement here with MSPCA's investigation of a cat QueenScoopalot and I found and kidnapped who needed surgery for busted spleen, leg, other injuries (probably kicked repeatedly). Really, really curious if anything can be done regarding prosecuting the owners.....

NoahsMommy
03-01-2004, 10:58 PM
First, I have to say I'm about to re-live my dinner at the very thought of what happened to these babies. I have to push it from my mind so I'm not ill. That is so horribly discusting....I can't put my hatred into words right now.................

THANK GOD you have them and got them help. Thank you for being there for them. Send them my love and kisses.

captain
03-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Kim,

I am so sorry I only got to read this now, but want to say how very, very glad I am that these gorgoues kitties ended up in YOUR caring hands!!!!!

I am so glad they are recovering!

I should have been an animal vilgilante .... :mad: :mad:

davidpizzica
03-02-2004, 02:27 PM
You were absolutely right calling it a "rescue"! I can't imagine who would do something like that to these sweet, innocent kittens. to me that is NOT a "rescue"

Cataholic
03-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Kim,
Glad to hear they seem to be doing well! Post more when you can.

lizbud
03-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Kim,

I read this on your other 'rescue' thread,

" After speaking with my husband and thinking a long hard time, I have cut all ties with this rescue. Unfortunately that meant that I had to hand over her kittens back to her care. HOWEVER, my vet is aware of the situation, as well as the Emergency vet who cared for the kittens the other night, and I plan on checking on these babies for quite some time!!!! It nearly killed me to let them go, but their momma cat is taking good care of them, and I think they will be fine. Little boy Tuxie was already trying to learn to use the potty box, such a smart tiny boy!!! I really can't talk about this any further, it hurts so much to have had to let them go. Please pray that they will be ok.... one thing is for sure now ... S. is under the microscope, so she HAS to provide excellent care from here on!!! "

Are you talking about the babies who where injured? You gave
them back to this lady that's being investigated? Are the babies
being cared for a Vet's office or in her home? Sorry for all the
questions but I've been ill & unable to follow all threads on the
lady & the baby kitties.(I sprained my back & can't sit for long
periods for awhile till I heal) I just wanted to get it straight in my
mind about where the babies are now. Bless you for all you do.