02-27-2004, 05:44 PM
REMEMBER JANE

KEEP THIS MOVING; ACROSS AMERICA HONORING A TRAITOR This is for all the
kids born in the 70's that do not remember this, and didn't have to bear the
burden, that our fathers, mothers, and older brothers and sisters had to
bear. Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the Century."
Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never
known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country but specific
men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry
Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival
School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison-the "Hanoi Hilton." Dragged from a stinking
cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered
to describe for a visiting American "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane
treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged
away.

During the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp
Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In '78, the AF Col.
still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days)
from the Vietnamese Col.'s frenzied application of a wooden baton. From
1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years
in the "Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action". His
wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the
cleaned, fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that
they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN
on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a
cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little
encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are
you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?"
Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and
once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she
turned to the officer in charge and handed him the little pile of papers.
Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col. Carrigan was almost number
four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about her actions
that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was
captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and
held for over 5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year
in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi. My North
Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a
nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the
jungle near the Cambodian border.

At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs. (My normal weight is
170 lbs.) We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals."

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist
political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda. I said yes,
for I would like to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received
different from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted
by Jane Fonda, as "humane and lenient." Because of this, I spent three days
on a rocky floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a large amount of
steel placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane till my arms dipped.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours
after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on
TV. She did not answer me.

This does not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100
Years of Great Women." Lest we forget..."100 years of great women" should
never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many
patriots. There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but
Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them.

RICHARD
02-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
REMEMBER JANE

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours
after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on
TV. She did not answer me.

First of all, she would not have answered me because she would have been counting her teeth.

To this day I remember the pic of her sitting on the anti aircraft gun, smiling....

http://www.vikingphoenix.com/public/CelebrityFiles/TurnerandFonda/JaneFonda/lgefondagun.htm

what a piece of work.....

Too bad Saddam only lasted 22 days into the war.....the Dixie Chicks missed their chance.

moosmom
02-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Trayi52,

I remember all too well Hanoi Jane!! I used to listen to my Dad talk about what a traitor she was. He used to have a bumper sticker on his car that read "I'm not Fonda Hanoi Jane". After reading the story you just posted, I certainly hope there are plenty of protesters at the awards ceremony. Maybe that'll be the wake-up call they need. Who the hell nominated her anyway??

She should be ashamed of herself!! :mad:

trayi52
02-27-2004, 09:01 PM
I never did like that stupid b****! I don't eeeeven like her movies. I think she should go back and set on a missile.

mugsy
02-27-2004, 09:16 PM
I have gotten that email a number of times over the years. She truly is/was a piece of work. If she wanted to protest, that's fine, but to give aid to North Vietnam just went over the top. The liberaleez will say that it is her freedom of speech, but, as a moderate....I say WRONG ANSWER!

It's too bad she didn't just STAY in N. Vietnam....or maybe get lost in N. Vietnam.....

dukedogsmom
02-28-2004, 10:26 AM
I was both shocked and ashamed when I learned of this. There's no place in Hell hot enough for her and I think she should have been made to leave our great country long ago and exiled over there. How she can sleep at night, I don't know. I hope she pays dearly for all that she did back then.
Also, here's a link I found that disputes some of the things as an email hoax.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa110399.htm

smokey the elder
02-28-2004, 02:55 PM
She was a flat out traitor, pure and simple. Didn't they used to hang traitors in this country??

Logan
03-01-2004, 09:00 AM
I am sure there were many who were opposed to the Vietnam War, who regret their actions now. I do believe that she has apologized for her actions at that time. I hope she was sincere.

I believe in forgiveness.

lbaker
03-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Thank you Logan, I agree with you. Has no one here ever done anything brash in the past that they regret or perhaps now embarrassed about?

mugsy
03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Here are 2 things I found....
http://www.rollingthunder-nc4.com/JANE%20FONDA.htm

http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.htm

dukedogsmom
03-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Sorry but this is more than a mistake that can be rectified. Nothing like this has even remotely come into our lives so that statement doesn't apply. Her "apology" came along too little, too late. It sickens me that she lives in luxury while some soldiers never even made it home. She should never have been allowed back in the U.S. Like the page that mugsy posted says:
DON'T TELL US TO FORGIVE AND FORGET. TELL THE MOMS AND DADS WHO NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE TO THEIR SONS BEFORE THEY WERE MURDERED THANKS TO JANE AND TELL THE CHILDREN WHO NEVER SAW THEIR DADS WHEN THEY WERE GROWING UP BECAUSE THEY WERE MURDERED, AGAIN THANKS TO MS. FONDA.
Think on that for a while.

Lady's Human
03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
As much as I dislike Jane, this is a hoax

Logan
03-02-2004, 08:39 AM
My only point, Valerie, is that she was not the only one protesting the war, obviously. I'm sure others did blatant, horrible things as well. She got lots of publicity because of her "actress" status. I do not agree with what she did, and I don't agree with others who did the same sort of thing. But, she has apologized, and I'm glad.

K9soul
03-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
As much as I dislike Jane, this is a hoax

If she apologized for it, I can hardly see how it is all a hoax? It is often very hard to weed out the truth from fiction from our sensationalist society. If she did indeed commit the actions exactly as described, I hope she faces the final judgement she deserves. But really, only God knows her heart, and He is who she will face in the end.

lizbud
03-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Lady's Human is telling the truth. This email thing is a hoax.

Check it out:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa110399.htm

RICHARD
03-02-2004, 07:16 PM
The rumors, which first surfaced in email form in late September 1999 (see text on next page), center around Fonda's tour of North Vietnam in 1972, during which she cozied up to the enemy, posing for photo ops with communist troops and broadcasting anti-American propaganda over Radio Hanoi. She also participated in a staged press conference with American servicemen held captive by the Viet Cong, the purpose of which was to "prove" that the POWs were not being mistreated by their captors. Years later when the released POWs described the very real torture and degradation they suffered at the hands of the North Vietnamese, Fonda called them "hypocrites and liars."

Those facts aren't under dispute. Fonda's behavior at that time, considered treasonous by some, earned her the nickname "Hanoi Jane" among the veterans and POWs of the Vietnam War, some of whom hate her to this day.

Hell, i knew it was her married sister, Kinda Fonda Wanda!

mugsy
03-02-2004, 08:19 PM
I reread the snopes article...at the bottom it discounts some and says other parts are true...the "eyewitness" accounts are false, but most of the other is true. The link to snopes in in one of my previous posts.

Doesn't matter to me. She's made nasty comments on other things that makes me dislike the wench anyway. She's simply a second rate actress who tries to make herself more visible.

leslie flenner
03-03-2004, 07:27 PM
I was born in 58. I grew up with a politically active mom who went south to teach blacks how to pass the test so they could vote in early 60's, and protested the VN war, (and as a child I participated in sit-ins). I asked her to tell me what all the anger toward JF is about:

any venting of venom like some of those people are doing is not about fonda. it comes out of a world view described in the kerry article i just sent you--the 2nd par., in which kerry's father describes "americans".

the explanation that the snopes commentary provides is fairly good. the antiwar people (including me) were highly patriotic and loved their country, and therefore were passionately concerned about the thousands of vietnamese people the u.s. military & cia were killing in a contrived war, about which the architects of the war were lying. that war has since been unmasked by those very architects (notably, robt. mcnamara--see that documentary; i'm sure it'll be (or is now) in boston) and its illegitimacy exposed for what it was.

we had friends (bruce h, rick s, dennis w), along with thousands of others, who went to prison and to canada & sweden to keep from becoming what they regarded as "murderers in uniform". americans like those described in the kerry article could only see us as treasonous because we were critical of our government when it was known to be lying. (the Assembly of Unrepresented People, the demonstration for which i was arrested & tried & convicted & conviction-overturned-on-appeal in d.c. in aug. 1965, was about the VN war AND about civil rights. the young Yale law student who talked to me in jail was my inspiration for going to law school.)

jane fonda exercised very poor judgment when she went to NVN, esp. because she brought disrepute on the antiwar movement.