PDA

View Full Version : Compliments List.

Kfamr
02-27-2004, 03:30 PM
I deleted the other thread.

Please no attacks towards me, no useless b.s. or any other complaints.
I don't feel the need to repeat myself over and over, to the same few person(s) as to why it hasn't been out.

I thank those who are mature. :)

------------------------------------------

As for the list, I've said many times that it's going to be done, and I promise that.

I can't give an approximate time, or an exact date because I don't know myself. I'm gosh darn sorry that things come up in life.

AGAIN, thank you to those of you whom have been more mature about it! :)

P.s. I'm just posting this to let you all, who are on the list, know.
Please if you feel any need to complain take it somewhere else.

Moose
02-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the update Kay. :)

Kfamr
02-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks Brooke,

And to WHOEVER keeps rating these threads a 'one star' PLEASE GROW UP. Gosh darn you. Go away you bug.

K9soul
02-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
And to WHOEVER keeps rating these threads a 'one star' PLEASE GROW UP.

I wish there was only the option to give a thread 5 stars or just nothing. I think it's neat to rate a particularly good or fun thread with five stars, but I really hate seeing it used to degrade other posters to be malicious.

Err I guess this is a complaint and off topic.. I'm sorry :o

I can delete this if you don't want it here! :)

Dogz
02-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Thank you for the update.:)

slleipnir
02-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I have nothing to do with the compliment list, but if you ever need help Kay let me know :)

tatsxxx11
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
We all know you're doing your best Kay!:) It sounds like a lot of work!!! And you're so right on Jessica! GRRRRRRRR! You don't know how many times I've thought about starting a thread about the detested star rating! It's so hurtful to see people vent their dislike for an indivdual by bumping down their thread:(:(:( And it's immature and cowardly. I hate the star rating! It's one thing to rate a puzzle thread, a game, a controversial discussion about social issues, something like that. But why on earth would someone bump down a Dog, Cat or Pet of the Day honorre??? That sickens me. And I've had friends go back and bump it back up to a five star, only to find it bumped back down an hour later. Or how about a thread simply of pictures of someone's cherished pet???:(:(:( They love their animal just as you do. Imagine how you would feel if it was your pet's big day, your pet's photo shoot and someone ruined it by being so cruel? I don't understand people who lack empathy; I just don't. To me it's unconscienable and simply cruel. We already lost one "original" very loved Pet Talker and her furfamily because of the star ratings war. Please, don't use the star rating as a weapon against someone you dislike or worse yet, their animal. "Talk" to them personally or ignore them, please.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the update, Kay! :)
Eeesh. It's the one star bandit again...

Dogz
02-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
We all know you're doing your best Kay!:) It sounds like a lot of work!!! And you're so right on Jessica! GRRRRRRRR! You don't know how many times I've thought about starting a thread about the detested star rating! It's so hurtful to see people vent their dislike for an indivdual by bumping down their thread:(:(:( And it's immature and cowardly. I hate the star rating! It's one thing to rate a puzzle thread, a game, a controversial discussion about social issues, something like that. But why one earth would someone bump down a Dog, Cat or Pet of the Day honorre??? That sickens me. And I've had friends go back and bump it back up to a five star, only to find it bumped back down an hour later. Or how about a thread simply of pictures of someone's cherished pet???:(:(:( They love their animal just as you do. Imagine how you would feel if it was your pet's big day, your pet's photo shoot and someone ruined it by being so cruel? I don't understand people who lack empathy; I just don't. To me it's unconscienable and simply cruel. We already lost one "original" very loved Pet Talker and her furfamily because of the star ratings war. Please, don't use the star rating as a weapon against someone you dislike or worse yet, their animal. "Talk" to them personally or ignore them, please.

I agree. Great points. Thank you. *hugs* :)

zippy-kat
02-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Since you deleted the other thread, can you please list the members who you have and/or have not received PMs/emails from? Maybe it will remind those who haven't turned one in to do so.

Thanks in advance,
Zip

catnapper
02-27-2004, 08:25 PM
I don't know what this is all about, I must have missed the thread. Anyway, if its about people saying nice things about each other poster.... let me tell you all: Its a TON of hard work. My husband is a teacher and had his classes write one nice thing about their classmates.... its taking us soooo much time to type these up to return to each student a list of all the good thing said about them.

This is a friendly place and I love coming here because *for the most part* people are fabulous to each other... it seems pointless to cause a fight over compliments!

Kfamr, I listed this as 5 stars since I think its a wonderful thing your are doing.

:D

Dogz
02-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

Kfamr, I listed this as 5 stars since I think its a wonderful thing your are doing.

:D

So did I. I think it was really nice of her to put this together for us, and I know that it would be A LOT of work.:)

Thanks.

gini
02-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
We all know you're doing your best Kay!:) It sounds like a lot of work!!! And you're so right on Jessica! GRRRRRRRR! You don't know how many times I've thought about starting a thread about the detested star rating! It's so hurtful to see people vent their dislike for an indivdual by bumping down their thread:(:(:( And it's immature and cowardly. I hate the star rating! It's one thing to rate a puzzle thread, a game, a controversial discussion about social issues, something like that. But why one earth would someone bump down a Dog, Cat or Pet of the Day honorre??? That sickens me. And I've had friends go back and bump it back up to a five star, only to find it bumped back down an hour later. Or how about a thread simply of pictures of someone's cherished pet???:(:(:( They love their animal just as you do. Imagine how you would feel if it was your pet's big day, your pet's photo shoot and someone ruined it by being so cruel? I don't understand people who lack empathy; I just don't. To me it's unconscienable and simply cruel. We already lost one "original" very loved Pet Talker and her furfamily because of the star ratings war. Please, don't use the star rating as a weapon against someone you dislike or worse yet, their animal. "Talk" to them personally or ignore them, please.

I had no idea this type of thing was going on.

It makes me sick.

Randi
02-28-2004, 10:29 AM
I saw the other thread, but didn't reply to it. There are quite a few I'd want to give compliments, but I think they know who they are. :) Doing something like this will always hurt somebody and I don't want that.

I had not noticed "The Star War" at all. If some rate a thread five stars, and then others get together and rate it one, is just so immature and stupid! Good grief, how low can people sink! :rolleyes:

wolf_Q
02-28-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure if I'm thrown into the immature group...I swear I didn't do any star ratings! ;)

Kay, if you need any help just ask me and I'll do what I can.