PDA

View Full Version : Mousie Tumor?

EvilDarkChick
02-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Hello, I have a pet fancy mouse, Cowie (she has black spots) i think she is about 6 months old (maybe more) she has had a litter of 12 BABIES!:eek: but she's all babied out now, not that i meant for her to have those.

Anyway, lets get to the point, yesterday, in the morning she climbed up the side of her cage to greet me, and i saw a large pink growth on the side of her stomach!:( I showed my mom and she suggested it may be something wrong with her nipple, but I dont know :( Is there anything I could do for my poor little mousie!?:(

Karen
02-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Does it seem sore? Is it hot, like an infection might be? I'd take her to the vet just in case.

EvilDarkChick
03-01-2004, 08:08 AM
is there anything i can do at home to make her feel better? my mom isnt going to go for brining the little mousie to the vet

wolfie
03-05-2004, 09:58 AM
It would probably be a good idea to bring her to the vet. It might be a tumor. :/ It could be a benign tumor (non-deadly) but still the vet could remove it and make her happier. I hope Cowie is okay!

caseysmom
03-17-2004, 05:53 PM
this is a few days old and I just saw it,,,,I am new here. My daughter had a pet rat that got sick and we took it to the vet, I found a coupon for first visit free from the yellow pages, so all they charged me for was antibiotics, so it was only $9.00.

Sadly her rat had gotten really sick and didn't make it, it was enceopholitis. We also had several female rats get tumors but they were never red, female rats are very suspecticle to breast tumors but usually not when they are that young.