PDA

View Full Version : Ohh..the joys of going to emergency at 10pm.

binka_nugget
02-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Just so I don't scare anyone to death, I'm fine. It was nothing serious. Now, onto the story..

I'll spare you guys the details and just say that after 20 minutes of panicking in the bathroom, I told my mom and off to emergency we went. Boy, I've never felt more uncomfortable in my life. After 2 hours of waiting and 20 minutes of being extremely uncomfortable, we found out that I have tapeworm. They think I got it from the dogs since my mom mentioned that I kiss them all the time. I think I could have also picked up the egg/s somewhere and ingested it when I bit my nails since I have that horrible habbit. So, they sent a sample to the lab and within the next few days, I'll find out if I need further medication or not.

On a brighter note, I lost three pounds since I started my 'diet'. We think it was cause of the tapeworm cause quite honestly, I've been eating more. :o

Lesson learned: going to emergency at 10pm is NOT fun.:p

CathyBogart
02-27-2004, 02:31 AM
Beats 4am for reptile-related salmonella. *chuckles* Sorry you're not having the best night. :( Feel better soon!

Cookiebaker
02-27-2004, 06:37 AM
:eek: That sounds sooo scary and horrible!! :( Hope that things will only get better from here...

(That is one of my very worst fears :eek: and then I "learned" that you can't get worms from pets. Guess I need to do more research :rolleyes: ;))

Tweety_Pie
02-27-2004, 06:42 AM
omg that must have been scary!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :(

In science we had to learn about tape worm.. it can grow the length of a car... and whenever you eat.. the tapeworm eats to and thats why you are losing weight.

GET BETTER SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramanth
02-27-2004, 07:58 AM
:eek: When I would eat and eat my parents would tease me about having worms. :p *shudders*

I hope you get better soon.

EssTer
02-27-2004, 08:16 AM
:eek: sounds scary, I jope youŽll get better ;)

My Peanuts
02-27-2004, 02:53 PM
I hope you are feeling better. If kissing your dogs and biting your nails can give you a tapeworm, then I'm in big trouble ;)