PDA

View Full Version : Love is Love is Love....

CathyBogart
02-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Stolen from the rattie boards because I felt it was important.

For those of you who oppose using the Constitution - the USA's most sacred legal document - to deny an entire class of taxpaying citizens equal civil rights and protections, Love is Love is Love provides a list of resources you can use to do something about it. www.loveisloveislove.com

For those of you who support Mayor Gavin Newsom's stand for equal rights, you can let him know at this address: [email protected]. No doubt Mayor Newsom is receiving a lot of hateful mail right now, and can use our support.

CathyBogart
02-26-2004, 11:23 PM
12 Reasons Why Homosexuals Should Not Be Allowed to Marry

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid becasue they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire counrty. That's why we have only one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or longer lifespans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "seperate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Seperate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as seperate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

PayItForward
02-27-2004, 07:04 AM
LOL...Many of these comments made me laugh (in a good way)

I particular like

Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Still don't understand why any couple over the age of 18 years old and in sound mind should not be allowed to marry, have/adopt children have the same rights as a boy/girl couple.

I hope this injustice crumbles, the last legally acceptable prejudice. :(

PS. I would be nackered with out glasses

DJFyrewolf36
02-27-2004, 02:26 PM
2. Heterosexual marriages are valid becasue they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.

With six billion people *and counting* on this stupid rock of ours, I figure that even the heterosexuals should be sterilized...
Then again, I hate standing in lines.
Down with childbirth, especially to people that can't even take care of themselves. I know pleanty of homosexuals who would be better parents then some of the heterosexuals I know. The next time someone says that raising a family in a heterosexual setting is supirior, ask them to explain that to the battered wife and kid living in the homeless shelter. Ok, so the institution of marage in this country is Christian based and the bible expressly forbids the union...so...if someone believes in something else, give them the legal alternative and kick religion out the door...I don't think thats what they're after.

G.P.girl
02-27-2004, 03:53 PM
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you

lol...so true:rolleyes:

RedHedd
02-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

If that worked, I'd be tall. :p

I'm so proud of our mayor and happy to be living in San Francisco (I'm a native San Franciscan). Driving by City Hall on Valentines Day brought tears to my eyes - so many happy couples!

Twisterdog
02-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Wolfchan ... those are great!

Shelteez2
02-27-2004, 11:25 PM

Does that mean if I hang around skinny people I'll be skinny??

*goes looking for skinny friends......* LMAO

G.P.girl
02-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Does that mean if I hang around skinny people I'll be skinny??

*goes looking for skinny friends......* LMAO
lol...i'm right behind you!:p

mugsy
02-28-2004, 08:29 AM
1. I think everyone should be able to marry...regardless of sexual orientation.

2. That being said, I have heard that California has, somewhere, in its Constitution, that marriage is between a man and a woman...Period....which, if that is true, would make it illegal.

3. Look at MLK and Gandhi....both got arrested for civil disobedience for standing up for what they believed in...perhaps the good mayor should be arrested (if in fact he is breaking a law, he should), but, look at the statement he would be making. Hey...I'm willing to go to jail to get this antiquated law off the books....he'd be a hero to an awful lot of people.

4. I think this is just a sign of our times....the government wants to become more and more invasive on people's lives.