PDA

View Full Version : **a Very Good Update On Sada**

Aspen and Misty
02-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Sada is VERY restless. She will be on the bed one minute, she'll lie down, then move to the floor, lie down. Her stomach is also sinking in and then moving out, LIKE CONTRACTIONS!! I didnt' think I would be able to feel the contractions? But it's like her whole stomach section will sink in and then push out and then a little later sink in and push out. I THINK THIS MIGHT BE IT :D :D I'm aloud to stay up with her to!!! :D :D

I'll send an update later!!

Keep her in your prayers!!!

Ash

Kater
02-26-2004, 10:41 PM
YAY!!! Prayers are on the way!!! :D :D :D

iloverat
02-26-2004, 10:44 PM
This is so exciting!!! :) Sending lots of good wishes your way for a successful and uneventful delivery. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Logan
02-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Good luck, Sada!!! We're all anxiously awaiting the birth of your babies!!! :)

kimlovescats
02-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Definitely sounds like labor to me!!! How exciting! Prayers for Sada and babies!!!!:)

catnapper
02-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Fingers crossed! Good Luck Sada! Looks like you'll be getting little to no sleep. I can't wait!

Tonya
02-26-2004, 11:11 PM
I cannot wait! Sada's lucky to have you as a labor coach. ;)

popcornbird
02-26-2004, 11:12 PM
I didn't know your cat is going to have babies! How exciting! Can't wait! :D

CatDad
02-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Good luck.:)

Prayers on the way for Sada.

Hopefully we'll here good news soon.

Miss Meow
02-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Awwwwww, I wish she'd hurry up! I have to go offline soon :eek:

trayi52
02-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Have you felt of her stomack? Does it get really hard, and then go soft again?

Keep us posted! This is exciting!

PayItForward
02-27-2004, 02:22 AM
How exciting !!!

All the best to Mum & 'Dad'

I hope when I get back from work to find the four best kittens ever born :D

Barbara
02-27-2004, 03:17 AM
This sounds like the real thing:)

Good luck, Sada! You'll do it fine:) :) :)

catcrazylady
02-27-2004, 05:36 AM
Do we have babies yet??? This is so wonderful!!

Aspen and Misty
02-27-2004, 06:36 AM
Not yet! Still showing the signs though!

I'll let you know later whats going on!

Ash

Twink
02-27-2004, 08:01 AM
C'mon Sada baby! :D :) :D :) :D

I just can't wait to hear the great news. Prayers for her for a perfect delivery, and for you so that you may not succumb to a nervous breakdown. 'Cause goodness knows I would. ;)

Killearn Kitties
02-27-2004, 08:29 AM
Breath deeply Sada! We're all with you. :)

cubby31682
02-27-2004, 08:52 AM
C'mon Sada, give us those babies. We are all waiting to hear that you had them. I can't wait to see pictures. I hope it's soon like the next few minutes soon. :D

catmandu
02-27-2004, 09:14 AM
All the Found Cats and Feeder send prayefs and Best wishes for Sada , and the Kittens! We ask the Lord to help her , in her hour of need , and to have her deliver healthy Kittens!

jazzcat
02-27-2004, 11:53 AM
We're sending good vibes your way little Sada!!

PayItForward
02-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Ash,

Anything happening ? :D

RedHedd
02-27-2004, 12:24 PM
This is how much PT means to me: I found myself saying prayers for Sada that she would have an easy time birthing the kittens while I was in the shower!

Looking forward to news and pictures! :)

Aspen and Misty
02-27-2004, 02:40 PM
That you everyone!!! It means so much to me, and Sada. I can't stay on long cause I need to get back to her. While I was at school nothing happened. but when I went into her room she came over to me and got on my lap. She would go to lie down, or sit down but then would stop kinda like she was squating, but not totally. She won't sit still for more then one second and you can see her belly moving alot faster then before.

No kitties yet! BUT, I'm praying they come soon. Maybe she did liek Cass's cat did and waited for me to come home? I dunno, but I need to get back to her :D

Ash

Twink
02-27-2004, 02:45 PM
*dances*

I was just about to post and ask if school was out yet!!! :D :D

Sounds like it's going to be any time now. I hope there's good news waiting for me when I get home from work!!!

Sada, love, I bet you're having a rough day, baby. You're doing great, sweetheart, and I can' t wait to see your first pics as a mommy!

Twink
02-27-2004, 03:05 PM
So, who here knows how long it usually takes a cat to finish giving birth once she's started? *curious*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-27-2004, 03:46 PM
<sitting on edge of seat>

Hold on Sada, sounds like it'll just be a little bit longer, then it'll be all over with and you'll have cuddly babies to deal with and hopefully we'll have pics of newborn kitties! :D

Good job Ash...err...I mean Dad. ;) :D

catnapper
02-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Aww... Sada Waited for her meowmie (aka expectant father) to get home so she could have her babies. Good luck Sada!! We are all waiting, holding our breath til we hear about you and your babies.

cubby31682
02-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Maybe she is just waiting for all of us on here get on line and look at all the same time. Could that be? Hopefully she will have them soon.

rg_girlca
02-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Geeessshhhh I thought when I got on here I was going to hear that Sada had her babies already.....By the sounds of it though, it looks like it will be some time tonight.
Come on sweetie you can do it.

While we are waiting, I just wanted to share a little something with you all. When I was 8 months pregnant with my first baby, my mother had taken in a pregnant stray, who was due anytime.
She had called me to say that Ginger was going into labour. So I hopped in the car and went over as I had never seen a cat give birth before. My Mom and I were sitting on the bed, watching Ginger as she started to push. Without me realizing it, I was pushing right along with her. After doing this a few times, my Mom turned to me and said, "My God Lorraine, if you keep pushing like that, YOU'RE going pop your baby out." It was funny, every time Ginger would push, I would too. In the end, Ginger had 3 precious little ones and I still had one month to go.:D

leslie flenner
02-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Re: how long can they be showing labor signs? Quite a long time! A couple of days to a week- I've had cats do that squat and push thing for a few days before they actually give birth- you start to wonder if they aren't holding them in.
Assuming they are here but if not- have you read up on what to do in emergancies? Like how to tie off an umbilical cord or pull out a stillborn, etc? Hopefully not necessary. Last spring my friend and i rescued a cat and 4 newborns that were about 24 hours old. 3 died within a few hours of trying to warm and feed them (she had been unable to nurse because they were tangled in weeds). Then, a few hours after trapping her and putting her with her babies - after 3 hours was one baby- she tried to give birth again and then again the next day was having contractions. My friend had to pull out a dead kitten very gingerly and bury it with the others. This was a tortie mom who was so traumatized that she had no "torti-tude". She is partially blind as well. mom and one kitten (no longer a little kitten are doing well and seem to be "keepers"!!

Aspen and Misty
02-27-2004, 07:39 PM
::SIGH:: I need a vacation :rolleyes:

No kitties yet.

Yes, one inch from the mother and use dental floss to tie it off. To get the baby breathing rub it vigerously or if flud is stuck in the babies air way you can take it about chest high and then kinda "throw" it at the ground, But dont' let go! LOL. Just down to the bottom of your stomach, or you cna use a syringe to get the fluid.. If she has trouble giving birth I am to rub Vasaline on her vagina and when she pushes I should pull.

:D Ash :D

trayi52
02-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh my God Lorraine, I know what your are talking about! I done the same thing, I was watching a cat have kittens too. Everytime she pushed I was too, but I wasn't pregnant at the time. But having had three children, the urge was still there. I sat with her and would feel her stomack, it would wad into a little knot and then she would start pushing.

The part where you and your mom was on the bed, and what your mom said just hit me as soooo funny. Somehow I can just picture that.

leslie flenner
02-27-2004, 07:49 PM
GOOD for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready for anything!! you have done you're homework and are ready to be a midwife!!
Give mama calcium tabs in her food to keep her from calcium deficiancy. Or, mix in some kitten formula in her food for that extra nourishment. Where is mama from? Has she had other litters? (if you don't know, you can tell by checking her nipples, sucked on nipples are longer than those never sucked on - so I've been told!)
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND THE WHOLE NEW FAMILY!!!!!!!
It's quite exciting.

rg_girlca
02-27-2004, 08:01 PM
:eek: I'm suppose to be watching a movie with the hubby, but I keep coming in here to see if the big event has happened yet.
Come on Sada girl, you can do it. We are all rooting for you.

Yes Trayi52, it was one of those moments, that's for sure.
I do the same thing when i'm watching the program, Baby Stories.
I'm just sitting there pushing away, helping the woman along.

Aspen and Misty
02-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
GOOD for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready for anything!! you have done you're homework and are ready to be a midwife!!
Give mama calcium tabs in her food to keep her from calcium deficiancy. Or, mix in some kitten formula in her food for that extra nourishment. Where is mama from? Has she had other litters? (if you don't know, you can tell by checking her nipples, sucked on nipples are longer than those never sucked on - so I've been told!)
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND THE WHOLE NEW FAMILY!!!!!!!
It's quite exciting.

Sada is a stray cat who was found and at the moment is "between homes", although we may keep her or my school may keep her. She is 9 months old and this is her first litter :( I found her 4 weeks pregnet. Sada is on an all kitty food diet right now.

I'm hopeing it happens soon!

Ash

Steffi N
02-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I hope everything goes well and that Sada is not in labor too long. Big hopes for healthy little ones.

CatDad
02-27-2004, 09:42 PM
I was hoping that I would see a post of new kitties, Oh well. All in good time.

I will keep good thoughts and keep checking back when I can.

Good luck.:D

catmandu
02-28-2004, 09:20 AM
The Found Cats and Feeder all have uor Fingers ,and Pwas Crossed! Please Lord , help Sada to have her Kittens!

RedHedd
02-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Any kittens yet? Like everyone else, I keep checking this thread even though I have stuff to do today. Uppy-date, please! :)

Aspen and Misty
02-28-2004, 10:25 AM
None yet! :(

Ash

Amber
02-28-2004, 11:17 AM
I cant wait!

Ash, are you gonna keep the kitties? :D

Aspen and Misty
02-28-2004, 11:24 AM
No, we have homes for them all :D

Ash :D

Vermontcat
02-28-2004, 11:47 AM
She still hasn't had them yet!
Maybe Sada will wait until tomorrow to have Leap Year babies which will make them extra special being born on Feb. 29th.:)
Keep us posted, we are all waiting and waiting and waiting...;)

Aspen and Misty
02-28-2004, 12:18 PM
My sister and her fiancee got in a really bad argument, he scared her really bad and she is driving the 12 hour trip home right now. So we have deced that Sada is NOT aloud to have ANY kittens untill she gets here ;)

No kitties yet, although about 2 hours ago she went in her litter box and pretended to go to the bathroom ,even though nothing came out :eek:

I dunno!

Ash

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-28-2004, 01:12 PM
EEEEEEE!!!!! BABY KITTIES!!!!! IM SO EXCITED! Cmon Sada! You can do it! :D

leslie flenner
02-28-2004, 09:51 PM
you may want to seriously consider contacting a vet- a friend pointed out to me today that if she's really been having contractions 2+ days, could mean she's in trouble. Squatting to pee with nothing coming out is usually uti, hopefully not a kidney problem!

Aspen and Misty
02-28-2004, 10:14 PM
She stopped having contractions I think sometime during the night. Sorry, I thought I mention that :o so much going on today! Sorry!! Yea, well when I woke up this morning no more contractions. :( She also is acting like she did Monday, or any other day, she isn't acting weird exept she sleeps under the bed alot more and she wants to be on my lap all the time. :(

Think Kitties Sada, think Kitties!!! Her tummy started moving a little bit about 20 mins ago, but I think it *might* just be the kittens. I dunno, her tummy is still hard and it still looks "dropped". If she doesn't have them by Monday I will contact the vet right away!

Also, I changed her "litter" because I thought the same as you, maybe a UTI, but she has peed and pooed since I saw her squat.

Ash

rg_girlca
02-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Phew, I'm glad to hear that she has gone in her litter box. I too was worried when I read that she squatted and nothing came out.
I guess she just isn't ready to have her babies yet.
Can't wait til she does though.
:)

aguu
03-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Oh my gosh.. I wasn't able to get to a computer all weekend and I thought for sure I would be reading all about the kittens this morning!!
WHAT'S GOING ON WITH SADA NOW??

nibblets
03-01-2004, 01:38 PM
I was sitting here are work reading back through old threads, *Shhhhh...don't tell Bosslady*. I came across this post and have gotten completely wrapped up in it....I too am waiting to hear the latest.

Good Luck Sada!

Vermontcat
03-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Anything new?
I noticed you were online Aspen and Misty, any kittens yet?
We are all waiting for good news and photos!:)

jenfer
03-05-2004, 07:15 PM
I was following this thread, any news on kittens? (Sorry if there was another thread about this :o )

catmandu
03-06-2004, 09:04 AM
You know that All the Found Cats and I are in your corner , praying sor a safe delivery of all the Kittens! Prayers are being doubled for Sada and Offspring!

sirrahved
03-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Aren't the kittens here YET? I thought that cats were easier to predict as far as the due date because gestation is shorter? Come out little babies!!!

rg_girlca
03-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Boy, I thought Aspen and Misty would come on by now and give some kind of news. Any news at all will do. Sitting on pins and needles here.

rg_girlca
03-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Okay, now i'm really confused here.
While I was in Cat General, I saw Aspen and Misty on the board here, so i sent a PM, asking how Sada is doing and that we were asking about her. No Reply whatsoever.
Ash had posted a thread in Dog General at 7:18 p.m about pictures of a dog that he wants and that was it.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on here? I would really like to know.

micki76
03-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Okay, now i'm really confused here.
While I was in Cat General, I saw Aspen and Misty on the board here, so i sent a PM, asking how Sada is doing and that we were asking about her. No Reply whatsoever.
Ash had posted a thread in Dog General at 7:18 p.m about pictures of a dog that he wants and that was it.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on here? I would really like to know.

Maybe she doesn't have PM notification turned on? Mine accidentally got turned off and I never looked at the bottom of the page to see if I had any. Was your PM read by her?

rg_girlca
03-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Yes Micki, it was read by her.

Aspen and Misty
03-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Deep breaths people :D

Sorry, I didn't check cat genral and my computer never told me that I had a PM till just now. I just now found out that you all wanted an update and here I am, to tell ya'll about it. :)

No kittens yet. I am worried about her though, I stopped feeling the babies last night, no kicking and they always were kicky kittens. :confused: I dunno, I'm gonna call my vet tomrrow morning if I don't feel them move before then. I hope everything is all right, I'm sure it is acctually :rolleyes: I'm just being a crazy daddy again! :D

Sorry to keep you all waiting for sooo long! Dont' worry everyone, I WILL post when the kittens come! I will want to brag ALOT about them!!

Ashley :)

Aspen and Misty
03-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Yes Micki, it was read by her.

Yes, I read you're PM then headed to Kitty genral to respond and then I went back to my PM's to tell you that I responded to the thread.

Again, very sorry for all the trouble and waiting we've caused!

Ash

rg_girlca
03-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Phew, deep breaths here. Thank you so much for responding so quickly.
Please let us know what the vet says about Sada.
Thanks.:)

Aspen and Misty
03-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Thought I would up-date you. Being worried was killing me, I was just to worried about her to wait another minute. So I called the emergencie vet clinc. We asked them if we should be worried and they said as long as she isn't lathergic we shouldn't be worried. I do hope these babies come soon, I'm dieing waiting for them!!

Ash

rg_girlca
03-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the update Ash. I'm glad you called the vet to reassure yourself.
Obviously the original due date was a little off, wouldn't you say.
How is Sada doing though? Is she is still eating and going to the bathroom well? Has she been acting strange in any way?

Aspen and Misty
03-07-2004, 05:05 PM
She is eating, drinking, pooping and peeing fine and is still active! :D

Ash

leslie flenner
03-07-2004, 05:46 PM
But what about all those contractions? Is it ok (guess so!) to have what appear to be contractions long before due babies? Maybe it was just babies kicking? I know sometimes the belly stops moving completely for long periods because they are sleeping... (so cute- you must be excited and nervous and scared all at once- but mostly happy?!) Are their any takers for mom yet? (babes will be easy to place...)

trayi52
03-07-2004, 07:52 PM
leslie, it probably was babies kicking. I don't know if you have kids or not but when I had my last one and seen how active she was I thought ohh, so thats what you was doing all this time.

You know the little guys will just wad up inside the mother, so it probably was just a bunch of little meanies jumping up and down on mommy's bladder. Ummm I wonder if that happens with cats? Like Lorraine said, you sat and watch a cat or dog have babies and you sat there and push too. We females are a close linked bunch aren't we?;)

Willie

micki76
03-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
leslie, it probably was babies kicking. I don't know if you have kids or not but when I had my last one and seen how active she was I thought ohh, so thats what you was doing all this time.

You know the little guys will just wad up inside the mother, so it probably was just a bunch of little meanies jumping up and down on mommy's bladder. Ummm I wonder if that happens with cats? Like Lorraine said, you sat and watch a cat or dog have babies and you sat there and push too. We females are a close linked bunch aren't we?;)

Willie

Or, do cats have Braxton-Hicks contractions like humans? Could it have been that? It would make sense. They're the body's way of preparing for the real thing. ;)

trayi52
03-07-2004, 10:15 PM
I don't know Micki, I had those with my last kid, they sure felt real to me! The whole bit, the hard contractions, you could feel my stomack and feel it just tighten up. I hated them, I thought now how am I supposed to know when its for real! When the baby is just laying there in the floor and you look down and say Wow, hadda be real this time, look theres a baby just lying there in the floor. Ummm must be mine!

LOL!

Willie

leslie flenner
03-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Mama cat was seen squatting like she wanted to push though! (although, I remember me and QueenScoopalot found a very pregnant stray doing that on a sidewalk in a crappy neighborhood, we spent 2 hours catching her- she was difficult- and once at Jan's, still didn't give birth for quite awhile, like days if I remember correctly..but when she did have them, she was a terrific mom!)

kimlovescats
03-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Yes, thank you very much for the update!!!! When they DO come, I suggest you start a new thread ... something like...
"THE BABIES ARE FINALLY HERE!!!" So we all see it right away!!!
:D

jenfer
03-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Agree! Hoping to hear good news soon!

catmandu
03-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Found Cats are crossing thier paws , in hope that the Little Ones arrive soon , and Sada does well! Prayers are COMING!

Twink
03-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Psssst...Ash....I see you're online. Can we have a quick update? (yes, I'm addicted to Sada updates! :D ) How's everyone's favorite furry little mom-to-be? And how are your nerves? ;)

jenluckenbach
03-11-2004, 05:36 AM
KITTENS (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45470)