PDA

View Full Version : I got a doggy! *pics*

Tonya
02-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I did! I really did! Today, I went to the shelter to check on that pitbull that I dropped off yesterday. She has a hairline fracture in one foot and the other is just a sprain. :D Her owners haven't came for her yet.

Anyways, I was checking out the dogs while I was there and saw an old pomeranian. I struck up a conversation about Teddy and how I missed him. This woman told me about a breeder who was getting shut down by the county. The county had given her so many days to get rid of her dogs or they were going to step in. So, I called the woman.

OMFG! I've never seen such a disgusting house in my life. She at first said she had 7 pomeranians when I was on the phone. Then, once I got there the number was 12. Then, more and more kept coming out of the woodworks. I stopped counting at 17. I asked her if any were house trained and her response is "Do you think that I'd bother housetraining with this many dogs? Ha!" The dogs were just taking craps wherever. She had a blanket on the couch that she'd been laying on. A dog walked up and peed on it. She didn't even respond. It was amazing.

It was really hard deciding and I almost took a few home. I chose the one that was the worst off. I think she has something wrong with her eyes because of the urine in the house. They're real watery and gooky, but hopefully it isn't permanent damage. She has really bad diarrhea and scabs all over from the fleas. I don't have a ton of pics of her because I don't want her in my house until after the vet tomorrow. She's really disgusting right now. I washed her 3 times and I still feel gross holding her. She's going to be a great dog though. She's really adorable. I hope the fact that now that I'm a tad more experienced with small dogs and she's a female will make this a better experience then Teddy.

Anyways enough blabbing! I'll post the pics in the next post.

Tonya
02-26-2004, 10:41 PM
There was a male yorkie in the house. The woman pointed out a cream and a red pom and said that they were the parents...but doesn't she look a tad yorkie to you?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p4da2cd8e4bff5d5565a7dbc4392bdf3b/f9811ec0.jpg

Daddy drying her off....(You can see the gooky eye problem in this one.)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p18c9f8802d6ed43912989731aac92862/f9811eb1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p23d203347efaac3e1aec8b1f66206fde/f9811ec7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/pb91e3c27698cfce3f9262bca0994ddce/f9811e97.jpg

Then she fell asleep on daddy...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/pf4b91d0e8e3c1ae5ca15e6b7d88689e0/f9811e91.jpg

I don't know why because Raven usually hates everyone, but I think that she likes her. It doesn't look like it in this pic because of the airplane ears...I think she did that because of the flash. She was letting the pup lick her.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p6495256557b30ca638ef4bd79c5beb61/f9811ea1.jpg

Tonya
02-26-2004, 10:43 PM
So now, she's sleeping in the garage in a crate with a heater. I wish I could have her in here to cuddle, but she feels so icky to me. I'm taking a few hours off of work tomorrow to take her to the vet and then the groomer. I think after that, I'll feel better about having her in the house. Probably by the time I'm done with her and the vet, I will have spent as much as I would if I'd gotten a healthy pomeranian from a real breeder.

DogLover9501
02-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Awww I thought you got the pittie :( :p

Ick that house must stink! How disgusting, why would she not even house train them! Ick!

Im glad you picked the one that needed you the most, most people would pick the one with the less problems, just so they wouldnt have to deal with them :rolleyes:

Congrats on the doggie, she is a cutie!! Good luck with her, and PM me if you have any questions, because I grew up with one :)

wolfie
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Wow! First off, I'm glad that the pit isn't that badly injured.

Second - if it were me I'd have taken all the poms! :( That's so sad. But congrats on rescuing her - she's adorable! Good luck! :D :D :D I hope she doesn't cost you too much in vet bills. :)

Tonya
02-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
Awww I thought you got the pittie :( :p

Ick that house must stink! How disgusting, why would she not even house train them! Ick!

Im glad you picked the one that needed you the most, most people would pick the one with the less problems, just so they wouldnt have to deal with them :rolleyes:

Congrats on the doggie, she is a cutie!! Good luck with her, and PM me if you have any questions, because I grew up with one :)

I would have loved to have the pittie! But she's not up for adoption. Also, I really don't think that a third large dog in my house would be a good idea. As much as I love the thought, I have a rough enough time with my neighbor.

Yes, the house stunk B-A-D! My nose was burning all the way home from it. Jaden sat down on the carpet and I about died. I was all "Son, please get up." He just sat there and I pinched his arm really bad. lol. He got up fast.

It was hard to pick the bad one to be honest. There was an adorable cream one who had so much personality and the cutest looks. There was also an all black one that was really cool. They were all gorgeous. (Aside from the fleas, scabs, knots, and poop hanging from their butts. :rolleyes: ) I was tempted to just get an easy one, but this one kept licking my brother. He made me feel guilty. lol. And beside, I can afford to fix her. I'd already considered paying an arm and a leg for a pom anyways. Those others will get adopted out in a heartbeat once the county confinscates them.

The woman had told me that her deadline was within a few days. She'd already gotten rid of a few, but she wasn't able to do it on time. She said that she can keep a higher number if she spays and neuters them, but that she once lost a dog under anesthesia, so she doesn't believe in fixing dogs. So...she'd rather just give up. It was really hard for me to be nice to her.

CathyBogart
02-26-2004, 11:16 PM
I am SO glad you found her! She's a darling little girl, and I can't wait to see her "after" pictures! :)

prettykitty1
02-26-2004, 11:27 PM
oh yes please do show the after pictures i love her so much (i know i sound like a freak i have never seen the dog in real life but still she is very cute good luck on the name) oh i have a few more names..........

1. Tara
2. muffin
2. mindy
4. puffy
5. little puff ball

see ya all tomarrow i am out :o

prettykitty1
02-26-2004, 11:29 PM
[[/SIZE] COLOR=darkblue]this is from the other post you know what you want to name her when you pick a name please tell me[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

tikeyas_mom
02-26-2004, 11:41 PM
i want you to pic somthing with a "Y" ending the name haha. because you already have a Dusty, and a Roxey...

Name her MISTY!!!!!
I love that name !!! :D

jenfer
02-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Congrats on the new addition.

Tonya
02-27-2004, 06:02 AM
Thank you! I love those names too. I'll make a poll of my 10 favorite when I get home today.

Tweety_Pie
02-27-2004, 06:46 AM
she is sooo amazingly adorable!!!!!!!!

pitc9
02-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Congrats! I'm so happy you saved her!
I'm sure she will be such a happy little girl!

EssTer
02-27-2004, 08:10 AM
aww, congrats with new doggy ;) soo cute lil puppy ;)

anna_66
02-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Congrats on the new puppy, she's a cutie:) I'm glad you rescued her from that terrible situation.

K9soul
02-27-2004, 09:45 AM
She's adorable, but so sad about her condition. It's wonderful that you saved her and are doing so much for her. I think in the end you'll feel a lot more reward this way than buying from a responsible breeder because at least with a responsible breeder, the dogs are well cared for and not in such dire need. Of course rescues can present quite a challenge too, but it feels so wonderful as you watch them blossom from what they were when you got them, to a healthy, happy, wonderful pet.

I kinda think she looks like a Nikki for some reason. But I have always loved that name too. She sure is cute, can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about her :)

Felicia's Mom
02-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Congrats on saving that puppy. It's too bad there are people like that woman.
I'll be looking for pictures!

Cinder & Smoke
02-27-2004, 10:17 AM
:confused:

Raven sez ~

"Are you a K-A-T??

Durn funnie lookin k-a-t!"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p6495256557b30ca638ef4bd79c5beb61/f9811ea1.jpg

:D

K9soul
02-27-2004, 10:18 AM
LOL Phred! What a perfect caption for that photo ;)

DogLover9501
02-27-2004, 10:21 AM
2. muffin

:eek: That was the name of my Pom that I grew up with!

Tina
02-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Congrats! She is so cute!

RobiLee
02-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Awww, Tonya. She is such a cutie. I'm so glad you got her out of that place. I'm sorry I missed this one. Can't wait to hear more about how she is doing and to see lots of pics of her.

Robin :)

My Peanuts
02-27-2004, 02:38 PM
SHE IS SO CUTE! If you are thinking of names I think she looks like an Angie. That was my Shih Tzu’s name and your new addition has the same soulful eyes. By the way, Raven is a beautiful kitty.

ramanth
02-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Congratulations! The pup is such a darling. :)

Tonya
02-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Bump!

dappledoxie
02-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Congrats on the pup! What a cutie!

Cheshirekatt
02-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Awww...congrats! You're a sucker for the underdog like I am! lolololol

Keep the pictures coming and I hope all goes well at the vet.

Keep us posted!

BCBlondie
02-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Ooh another Pom owner!!!:D I have two pomeranian mixes, Megan and Monica. One of my pups was named Misty by the breeder's kids, but I really didn't like the name since I thought "mist" is more greyish-like...isn't it sort of like fog? on a cloudy day? I dunno... What about Laila or Layla for the pup? Pretty name for a pretty dog. :D Or Nani..which means beautiful or pretty in Hawaiian. :)

CountryWolf07
02-27-2004, 07:31 PM
SO CUTE! :) Congrats!! Name her "Angel". ;)

Karen
02-27-2004, 07:40 PM
She's so cute, and boy is she gonna be a beauty once she's healthy and cleaned up and full of love! Those eyes! Congratulations, you did a good thing.

Hope ALL the dogs in that home get taken away and given to good, responsible homes.