PDA

View Full Version : Well, MY CAT can....

RICHARD
02-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Cat passed to inspect sea containers

A cat in New Zealand has been registered as an inspector of sea containers by the country's agriculture ministry.

The cat belongs to an employee of the environmental lobby group Forest and Bird, who are said to be furious with the ministry.

"My Cat Bolletje" was given an interim certificate and online congratulations by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry for passing its internet bio-security awareness training course.

She was advised to keep her online notice until a formal accreditation certificate, valid for three years, arrived in the post, says The Press.

Forest and Bird conservation manager Kevin Hackwell said he passed the ministry's online test on behalf of his two-year-old cat in just eight minutes.

"My cat's pretty smart and I'm sure it could make a more reliable inspector of sea containers than some of the people that will become accredited online. At least it will go for the chase if it smells a rat," he said.

A Ministry spokesman said they wanted to make it "reasonably easy" for people to become accredited and had pitched its online training course at the level of fork lift drivers and labourers.

He added that he not think My Cat would have been issued with a formal certificate when the application was processed. "It looks too frivolous."

CatDad
02-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I wonder if I could get my cats accredited then they could go to work.

We could use the extra money.:D

catnapper
02-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Did they mention the address of the website? Pouncer's a smart fella... he could pass the test too. I'd be so proud.

catmandu
02-27-2004, 09:27 AM
I just wish the Cats got a job!

lbaker
02-27-2004, 09:50 AM
My RB cat Sunny used to get credit cards in the mail all the time. I didn't have very good credit so I never did but Sunny never missed paying the phone bill (phone was in the name S P XXXXX - my last name at the time). Telemarketers used to call for him too. "He can't come to the phone right now, he's outside catting around".

kuhio98
02-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Right around Kuhio's 17th birthday she received a notice reminding her to register for the military when she turned 18! :eek:

Don't know how she got in "the system". Kuhio never answered back or registered before she cross the Rainbow Bridge. Wonder if someone is going to show up on our doorstep some day to arrest her? :p

Twink
02-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
Right around Kuhio's 17th birthday she received a notice reminding her to register for the military when she turned 18! :eek:

ROFL . . . . oh, that's just TOO good! Boy, the government is getting really strict, eh? Who would have thought that they'd stoop to recruiting geriatric cats? Maybe they were planning on developing a devastating anti-infantry weapon based on Tuna Breath....

:D