PDA

View Full Version : film critics please..your advice

carole
02-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Well I am heading off to the movies this saturday, so wanted my PT friends advice, I cannot decide whether to go and see Cold Mountain, or A Japanese Story, I am kinda keen to see A Japanese Story, has anyone seen it? I would rather have your personal comments than look up critics on the internet, as I trust them much more, so thanks in advance, anyone?:)

wolfsoul
02-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I haven't heard of either of those movies. I feel so unpriveledged lol.

2kitties
02-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Cold Mountain is wonderful. I haven't seen Japanese Story.

K9soul
02-26-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm so out of the loop on movies in the theater, cause we get free pay per view since my husband works for the cable company, so a lot of them we watch that way at home. Still, going to the movie is a lot of fun, we should do it more often!

I am excited because this weekend Sea Biscuit comes out on PPV and I haven't seen it yet, so I'm looking forward to that :).

Last movie I saw in the theater was the last Lord of the Rings movie :)

carole
02-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Yes I had heard Cold Mountain is awesome, however I have read the reviews on a Japanese Story in the newspaper advertising the film and it sounds pretty good, i think it maybe an australian movie not sure, its on at a time that suits me better too, I am taking hubby with me, so hope it is something he will enjoy too.

2kitties
02-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Do post how you like Japanese Story. I'm always interestedi n a good movie.

Moose
02-26-2004, 03:50 PM
I've never heard of A Japanese Story. What is it about?? :confused:

carole
02-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Wolfsoul, i have no choice but to go to the movies this weekend, as I bought a movie deal for xmas, and if I don't use this months free ticket ,and then the deal won't really be worth me having bought it, oh dear such a burden to HAVE TO GO TO THE MOVIES, all alone with my hubby NOT just JK!! can't wait love going to the movies, my gosh how come you have never even heard of these movies, especially Cold Mountain, its been out for a while now even in down under lol, dear you are underpriviliged for sure!!:)

carole
02-26-2004, 03:56 PM
This is what the paper says about Japanese story.
A Handsome and imaginative film, that seems like a cross-cultural comedy of manners, but morphs,suddenly but subtly-into something far deeper and more challenging.

Not quite sure what all that means, but it sounds intriguing.

I lost the other info about it, but I think it is about a girl who has to look after a male japanese student for her father, something along those lines.,stars australian actress Toni Collette.

If i chose that one, sure will let you know what it is like.

:)

carole
02-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Well we went and saw Japanese Story, I throughly enjoyed it, its Australian, and it stars Toni Collette, who was muriel in Muriels Wedding, she is a brilliant actress, especially in this film, it is about a Japanese man who comes to Australia, and basically she has to show him around,he is part of the company she works, for so its kinda business, anyhow I am not going to reveal anything else, except the story has an unexpected thing happen, I was really enjoying the story, then this happened, it did not spoil it, but I would have preferred they had carried on with the first part of the story for a bit longer, sound confusing, then just go and see it, I think it is worth seeing.

As for the Japanese actor, he ain't half bad looking either.,sorta cute, well in MO.