PDA

View Full Version : Did ya miss me? ;)

Moose
02-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Well...did ya? :p

I'll keep this short...since I'm not in much of a mood for explanation and I'm sure no one really cares too much. :p

Josh and I went out to California to look at houses [as most of you know, we were hoping to find a place in San Diego and move out there this summer]. Anyway, we found this great place in Huntington Beach. I know, I know...pretty far off from San Diego. We had found a few houses we liked down there, but when we were driving out to my brother's place we decided to go through Huntington Beach.

Let's just say, we both fell in love with the house and put up an offer. You have no idea how much I love this house. It's not beachside or anything, but other than that...;)

It's a lot more expensive than what we wanted to [and could] spend...but our parents chipped in a little [okay, a lot] and we'll hopefully be able to pay them back eventually. :p

It's a little bit bigger than we really need, but I just can't part with it. The entry has these gorgeous marble floors and the kitchen and main hallway has hardwood floors. There are granite counters in the kitchen...which I've always loved. :D For as nice as this house is, the price wasn't too crazy....;)

The backyard is totally private and has room for a pool [if we decide to get one]. It would be a great place for the dogs to hang out in. :p:D What more reason do I need? :p

Anyway, this probably won't even happen...but if it does, you guys are all invited to help us move in, and I'll expect you all to be at the house-warming party! ;)

K9soul
02-26-2004, 03:28 PM
That's so exciting! I remember what it was like when David and I bought our first house, this house we are in now. It was stressful, but also an adventure, and it felt like luxury to have our own place, and be able to do what we wanted with it, and talk to each other about ideas of changes to make or things to do.

I hope you two get the house! It's a lot of work, but so worth it IMO.

I had noticed you were gone, but you had also said you'd be moving soon so I figured you must be pretty busy with that, and with Moose and Zoey!

You should let us know how it's going with those two in Doggy General :)

carole
02-26-2004, 03:33 PM
WOW your house sounds fantastic, hey can I come over and stay with you, he he, I have been to San Diego and it was one of my favourite places , love it, love it, and granite benches, a kitchen to die for , sounds like it to me, oooh I am so envious, enjoy your new home and surroundings, sounds a very positive move to me, good luck on your new venture!!!!:)

Moose
02-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys...we're really excited, and really hoping it works out!

Carole, like I said...you're more than welcome to fly on out from New Zealand and stay with us. ;)

carole
02-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey thanks, ya never know, you might just have a kiwi knocking on your door one of these days, hey get the pool in before I come thought won't you??? he he lol.:) :D

Moose
02-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Of course. ;)

bluekat
02-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Yes, we missed you a lot! I was wondering where you went:p
The house sounds great! I remember before we moved into this new house about a year and a few months ago...it was so much fun looking at new houses:D

I'm going to be coming for the house warming party!;):D

Moose
02-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Come on down Tiffany! ;)

Dogz
02-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Of course we missed you, Brooke!

All of that sounds wonderful. It will be nice to have a great house that you will always love, and a big backyard sounds great for the dogs! I hope to see pictures of the dogs and house!:)

CamCamPup33
02-26-2004, 05:43 PM
BROOKE! I thought you left pettalk or something!! :D I mean (:() Hehe, just kidding! :p Unfortuntley, im gonna have to pass up that party.. It will take me just a little bit to drive there, maybe a few days! LOL! Unless ya wanna take me up there with you?! Lol! ;) :p Welcome back, and you know what? You always reminded me of the girl from 'My big fat obnoxious fiance!' lol!

slleipnir
02-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
BROOKE! I thought you left pettalk or something!! :D I mean (:() Hehe, just kidding! :p Unfortuntley, im gonna have to pass up that party.. It will take me just a little bit to drive there, maybe a few days! LOL! Unless ya wanna take me up there with you?! Lol! ;) :p Welcome back, and you know what? You always reminded me of the girl from 'My big fat obnoxious fiance!' lol!

Yeah, you can pick me up too ;) It would very out of the way, but that doesn't matter now right?

Heh, missed ya :D

Moose
02-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Yeah, you can pick me up too It would very out of the way, but that doesn't matter now right?

Of course it doesn't matter!

When would be a good time to pick you guys up? Although...I hope you don't mind that you'll have to sit in the back with Zoey and Moose. ;):p

And Amber...what the...?? I've never watched "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance"...you'll have to fill me on the girl. ;)

slleipnir
02-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Oh thats ok. Amber can get in the trunk..or we can strap her to the roof......She really isn't that important ;D hehehehe >:] I'm kidding mik wifey :)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-26-2004, 06:20 PM
BROOKE...you were in CA and didn't give me a call? :( Well, that puts you down a notch girly. ;):p

I noticed you were gone! I tried to send you a PM yesterday, but it wouldn't go through. I'm glad you're back! :D

CamCamPup33
02-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Moose
And Amber...what the...?? I've never watched "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance"...you'll have to fill me on the girl. ;)
Brooke, this is the girl, http://www.taod.com/gal/albums/mbfof06/3m1GHWQ61pI02/mbfof06_023.jpg

lol!

Originally posted by slleipnir
Oh thats ok. Amber can get in the trunk..or we can strap her to the roof......She really isn't that important ;D hehehehe >:] I'm kidding mik wifey :)
*And she wonders why she got no roses for valentines day!* :p

slleipnir
02-26-2004, 06:29 PM
THANKS for telling me the reason why Mik!!! I was stessing all this time wondering about the roses. Just like those CUPCAKES of kays I NEVER got :( She gets SR for xmas.

Amber
02-26-2004, 08:01 PM
welcome back Brooke!

I hope you get your house! It sounds nice!

BTW, Camcam she *does* look like the girl! :p

Moose
02-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
BROOKE...you were in CA and didn't give me a call? :( Well, that puts you down a notch girly. ;):p

I know...I'm a bad, bad girl. --hides in her corner-- It was kind of a last minute deal [we literally decided to go a few days before we actually left]...and by then I figured it was too late to really give you a call, I didn't want to just pop up out of the blue or anything. :o

But hey, in a few months I'll be out there for good...;):D

AmberPie...I don't see it. We don't look alike at all. :p Sheesh...:rolleyes:
;)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Moose
I know...I'm a bad, bad girl. --hides in her corner-- It was kind of a last minute deal [we literally decided to go a few days before we actually left]...and by then I figured it was too late to really give you a call, I didn't want to just pop up out of the blue or anything. :o

But hey, in a few months I'll be out there for good...;):D

-Shakes finger at Ekoorb- Yeah, that's what they all say...but in reality, you hate me! :(;) Hehe, I can't wait until you move up here!

Moose
02-26-2004, 10:09 PM
:p:D:p