PDA

View Full Version : Can you train a cat?

catnapper
02-26-2004, 10:07 AM
I had the memory of that documentary talking about training your cats. So I thought, well, Pouncer has figured out all sorts of little things himself, can I train him?

I bought this really cool antique reproduction bubblegum machine (its for work, when I go to shows, its something to draw people to my booth;) ) I thought that since Pouncer can turn a door handle, why not turn the handle to get a piece of candy?

Why not? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Because (and this is imortant) he's a cat and will do only what he wants to do!

But I did manage to train him... in a manner of speaking. Everytime he ran away, I followed and caught him. Everytime we walked back into my office and he saw the bubblegum machine, he made airplane ears. So now I've managed to teach my cat to make airplane ears on command... umm.... upon seeing a bubblegum machine.:D

kimlovescats
02-26-2004, 10:55 AM
tee hee hee..... I think Pouncer has YOU trained!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Kirsten
02-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Looks like he doesn't like the bubble gum machine... maybe it would have worked if you filled in some treats? ;)

Kirsten

catcrazylady
02-26-2004, 12:38 PM
You have now successfully trained Pouncer to hate the bubble gum machine!
He hates the bubble gum machine because you want him to like it! Start yelling at him everytime he goes near it. He'll have it figured out in no time!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
You have now successfully trained Pouncer to hate the bubble gum machine!
He hates the bubble gum machine because you want him to like it! Start yelling at him everytime he goes near it. He'll have it figured out in no time!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Too funny CCL, but sooo true! :D :D :D

PayItForward
02-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Everytime we walked back into my office and he saw the bubblegum machine, he made airplane ears. So now I've managed to teach my cat to make airplane ears on command... umm.... upon seeing a bubblegum machine.:D
ROTFLMAO :D

Please get your camera mended soon... this is the kind of thing we NEED to see :( :)

CatDad
02-26-2004, 07:33 PM
:D:D:D

Well you did train him. LOL!!

Amber
02-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Yup! you can train a cat.

Maggie knows how to sit and beg. :D

hahaha, gets pictures!!