PDA

View Full Version : Paw Prints?

Kiia
02-26-2004, 07:49 AM
I wasn't sure if this was the right area to post this message, let me know and I can repost it where it belongs. :)

While I was out shopping for Easter cards one of them caught my eye, "from the dog". I've bought my parents cards in the past from Teeko (from the dog category) and signing it, love, Teeko with a bunch of xoxoxox's. This year I wanted to put a print of one of his paws. The first thing that came to my mind was water paints. I saw some but before picking them up I wanted to consult here and see if anyone has any experience with this? It said they were non-toxic, and I could just wash away the paint when I'm done.

Is this safe to do or should I use something else to make the paw print?

Cinder & Smoke
02-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Kiia
... The first thing that came to my mind was water paints.

Is this safe to do or should I use something else
to make the paw print?

We've had some "experience" with this... :rolleyes:

At our Findlay Bark Park Gatherings,
we Dogs all Pawed the Guest Book ~

Our Hoominz smushed our Paws onto a
Black Rubber Stamp Ink Pad...

then smushed the Inky paw onto a page inna Book.

The Lady atta Stamp Pad Store said she didn't think the Stamp Pad Ink was unhealthy - because there are no warnings on the labels and Humans DO get the ink stuff on their fingers.

Dad said he isn't sure How Long the water color paints would STAY fluid -
you might have to QUICKLY Paint & Press the paw to get an impression.

But Rubber Stamp Pad Ink does dry quickly, too -
you need a few extra hands to
a) HOLD the dog -and- then Quickly
b) PRESS the paw!

Rio and Me
02-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Or you could use clay, have a blob of semi hard clay and carfully squash a paw in and it will harded to that shape.
Ky and Rio

catnapper
02-26-2004, 12:59 PM
In the past, I have used watered down food coloring. Its safe and only stains the paw a little. Just make sure that you have a towel under the card and some paper towels to blot the paw print in case it was too heavy. You might want to practice and find out if you should stamp the paw on a towel or paper before stamping the card.

Corinna
02-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I use the kids finger painting paints . They are non toxic and have a large range of color.

Kfamr
02-26-2004, 01:43 PM
A while back I printed Simba's paw on Christmas Cards with non-toxic tempra paints. They come in alot of different colors.

The ink pad stained Nala's cute pink paws. :p

Kiia
02-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the great information everyone. :D I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.