PDA

View Full Version : dallas area butcher shops

guster girl
02-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know of any good butcher shops in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area? I've got a few to call and check out, but, I wanted to get some ideas if anyone in here knows of any. Thanks a million!

micki76
02-25-2004, 09:03 PM
I think there may still be one in Lewisville on Mill Street. I think it's called the Meat Market, maybe The Lewisville Meat Market. If you're familiar with Lewisville, it's not far from the Sonic, on the same side as Northwest Propane.

guster girl
02-25-2004, 09:04 PM
I actually used to live in Lewisville, so, thank you! I will certainly check that out! :) I'm in Carrollton, now, so, it's not too far, either.

micki76
02-25-2004, 09:11 PM
You're welcome. :) I grew up in Lewisville about a hundred years ago! When I lived there, entertainment wasn't a priority for anyone and as a teen, I hung out and got into a lot of trouble in that parking lot. :D We would cruise the Sonic to see who was out that night and then cruise down to the meat market (aptly named ;) ) and then see what small town trouble we could get into. Ahh. I'm so glad those days are over. And I can't believe sometimes how much that town has changed from when I lived there! :(

guster girl
02-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Well, a hundred years ago is pretty vague, so, I'm not sure exactly how much has changed since then... ;) But, I do know that I've been in the area since 98, and, it's scary how much it's grown just in that time. Entertainment still is scarce, as far as nightclubs (are there any at all?!) and bars. If you want to eat and shop, though, you can't go wrong in that area. There are lots of choices. I really like Lewisville, though. It was right in the middle of everything, but, not "city life". Carrollton isn't a lot different in that way, just a little more upscale in some parts, but, it's still easy to drive pretty much everywhere. Everything is within 30 or 45 minutes. Which seems like a lot, but, I love driving. I used to drive all the time all over town because I dated a drummer and went to as many of his gigs as possible, so, I got used to driving. :)

micki76
02-25-2004, 09:43 PM
LOL, No, I mean a hundred years ago! Actually I grew up there (we moved there in 1968, I was 1) and was a teen there in the 80's. You cannot imagine how much it's changed. It was a podunk (sp?) little town back then, with a handful of fast food places and nothing else. We had a movie theatre with two tiny screens. No THX at The Jerry Lewis Theatre (that's what it was called, lol, with a caricature of his face on the sign) The little building is still there, and I think some church uses it now. It's at 35 & Fox Avenue, next to that ancient 7-11. (or is that a Howdy Doody?) Oh that'll get a good laugh! LOL, we have grocery stores called Piggly Wiggly's here too! :p

I'm sure this thread is boring others to death, lol. :D

guster girl
02-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Argh! We had Piggly Wiggly's back home in Columbia, SC!!! Yeah, the Howdy Doody one made me laugh. But, not as bad as the caricature of Jerry Lewis. Good lord, woman. I'm at work, I can't be cracking up like this.