PDA

View Full Version : Being sick.

Kfamr
02-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Isn't just about the worst thing ever? Head colds are horrible. :p

I've been sick since Friday. My nose is completey stuffed and i'm starting to cough alot too. When it first started my throat hurt soooooo much. I couldn't swallow.

Anyways- a small rant;

Today in Algebra I had to blow my nose. I waited until the teacher was done with his lesson to ask for a tissue. Well, he didn't have any. He had rough paper towels though. I really had to blow my nose, because I couldn't breathe. I asked him to step outside to do it, since I HATE blowing my nose in front of people. I normally step in the bathroom or outside. He said I couldn't so I had to blow it in front of the class. I don't know why, but i'm just like that. I felt gross afterwards because I couldn't wash my hands (no sink in the classroom) I did use some hand sanitizer though.

Just felt like venting a bit, sorry!:p

luckies4me
02-25-2004, 02:50 PM
I have been really lucky this winter and haven't had a cold yet. Of course, now I'll probably get one LOL. Dylan on the other hand has had about 4. :( He gets really sick.

I too am the same about blowing my nose and I hate to do in public. I don't see what the problem was with you stepping outside for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

K9soul
02-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I never could stand teachers like that when I was in HS. What would be the huge deal about letting someone step out to blow their nose? Geez.

And I always hated how some totally forbid students to step out and use the restroom or get a drink in class. I mean if someone did it every single day, I could see talking to that student about it, but really, how are you supposed to concentrate in class when you really have to go, or are really thirsty?

:rolleyes:

Amber
02-25-2004, 03:17 PM
I here ya kay! I just got done being sick for 2 days, i had a fever of 102. but im all better!

I hate blowing my nose infront of my class...yuck!

get well soon!

bluekat
02-25-2004, 04:19 PM
So many people have been sick lately...I'm starting to get sick too. I hope I don't get that sick.
I know what you mean, I hate blowing my nose in front of the class too. I even hate sneezing in class:p

dukedogsmom
02-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Sorry you're sick! It's no fun, I know that. I was sick with the flu a week before my vacation. And, I try not to blow my nose at work except in the restroom. I don't know why that teacher wouldn't let you step outside to do that. Hope you feel better soon :p

catnapper
02-25-2004, 04:40 PM
I am just getting over being sick too - still have 6 days left on my anti-biotic though... I'm counting because it causes upset stomach.

So here are oodles of get well wishes! Remember to bring tissues to class tomorrow!

slleipnir
02-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Unfortantly I have discovered the worst feeling possible which isnt being sick :x

Hope you feel better soon Kay :)

Cookiebaker
02-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Kay!! It's no fun feeling sick. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
02-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Kay, I know how you feel. I HATE blowing my nose in public. I always step out into the hall to blow my nose at school.
Feel better soon!:)

amoore
02-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Kfamr, I am sorry you are feeling bad. Those head colds are not any fun! Your teacher should have been more understanding than that! :(

I hope you get to feeling better.