PDA

View Full Version : Hobo and Diesel

Glacier
02-25-2004, 10:53 AM
What an amazing pair of dogs these two are! They were released by the vet last night. They have to be in pain, have to be. I would want an IV morphine drip if I were in their paws! But these two are quiet, sweet, curious about my house (don't imagine they've had much inside time before). They haven't made a peep, even when I cleaned their drains, popped pills down their throats. Hobo is loving the big dog bed I gave him to sleep on. Diesel won't lay down, but likes to sleep while I hold his head.

They've both been outside a few times and trotted around. They are weightbearing on all legs and both still have a lovely sled dog gait! Best of all, so far Hobo has full control of his bowels. :) They were both starving this morning and wolfed down their kibble. They've lost some weight in the past few days and even for working dogs they are too skinny now. So it's very nice to see their appetites come back.

Their owner will likely be released from hospital on Saturday. He has some friends coming to get him, his truck and his dogs. However, he's not sure he can handle the intensive care these guys will need for a few weeks. He's going to have his hands full taking care of himself. So these two will likely be staying for a little while longer than the rest of their team anyway.

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Glad to hear that they are doing well and have been released from the vets. I am sure that taking care of them will be a task your friend may not be able to handle while he is in his state.

Hugs and kisses to Hobo and Diesel.

EssTer
02-25-2004, 12:10 PM
ohhh, I´m SOOOO happy to hear Hobo and Diesel are getting better ;) what a goood boys ;) Congrats... I´m sooo happy about them ;)

Give them HUGE kisses and hugs from me :D

K9soul
02-25-2004, 12:15 PM
This is wonderful news Glacier. I'm so very glad to hear it.

ramanth
02-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the update. :) I'm glad they are recovering well and that their 'dad' will be out of the hospital soon. :)

Logan
02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
This is a wonderful update, Glacier. Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop. What strong character these guys have! I hope they will be just fine in the long run. :)

mugsy
02-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Oh I am SO glad that they are doing so much better. I was thinking about them this morning! Thank you for the update. Please keep us up to date.

captain
02-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Glacier,

Glad to hear everyone is OK.
I am starting to get the feeling that these furkids won't want to go home ........ :D

Tonya
02-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear Hobo and Diesel (Lucky #1 and Lucky #2) are well!

anna_66
02-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Glad to hear all's going well with them:)

delidog
02-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah!!! Glacier!!!!!
So Glad that Hobo & Diesel are doing better!!!!
You are Such a Wonderful Person for All that you have done....
Is their owner Really Sure that he can Care for them w/ His injuries?????
That is alot for him to take on.....
Maybe he'll change his mind!!!;)
Please keep us Updated!!!!

Hugs and Treats for those Sweet Doggies!!!!
And Yours Too!!!