PDA

View Full Version : I Got This Note

K & L
02-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Lisa,
I have someone who wants to adopt Avon. Let me know if she's still available.

Thanks,

I replied with this. Please tell me if you think I asked the right things!

Do you know the person that wants to adopt her? Will Avon be indoor only? Do they have any other animals? Will they be declawing her? Would they be willing to pay for the cost of spaying? Do they have the funds to care for her? Would they want to meet with us and see Avon? Sorry for all the questions, but we're VERY picky who our animals go to! ;-) Please let me know and we can go from there.

kimlovescats
02-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Sounds perfect to me!!! ;)

catnapper
02-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Could you ask who their current vet is - that is if they have other animals? That way you'd know they take care of their current animals... if they have no clue who their vet is, that might send up some signals about the people.

K & L
02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Could you ask who their current vet is - that is if they have other animals? That way you'd know they take care of their current animals... if they have no clue who their vet is, that might send up some signals about the people.

EXCELLENT idea!!! I will do that if this goes any further. I also asked for the cost of spaying. I figured if they're not willing to contribute something to this, then they probably aren't too willing to provide other vet care.

EssTer
02-24-2004, 01:59 PM
I think those are good question... Itīs good you asked her them..

K & L
02-24-2004, 02:17 PM
**UPDATE***

Ok, check this reply out:

Lisa,
I guess the person who wanted to adopt didn't consult with a significant other and will not be able to adopt her.

Sorry about that.

Hmmmmm....good thing I did ask the questions!! Really makes me suspicious now! Avon will remain with us unless we find the perfect home for her!

PayItForward
02-24-2004, 02:40 PM
What about vaccines and pet insurance costs ?

Here is a list of questions I was working on
List of Questions (http://www.piftails.com/Solo_ReadyForACatQuiz.html)

K & L
02-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Great website!! I saved it as a favorite. I'm just glad I asked all the questions. Seems it scared this person off, which tells me they wouldn't have been good adopters anyway!

PayItForward
02-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Too right, if they are scared of a few questions, they were not to be trusted.

So are you REALLY going to keep her :D

K & L
02-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Well you know how that goes....the longer they're with you, the harder to adopt out!;)

rg_girlca
02-24-2004, 03:27 PM
I for one am glad you asked such good questions. There is nothing wrong with being picky on who you want to adopt Avon or any other cat for that matter. I have a feeling that Avon has already found her forever home anyway.:D

Lixx
02-24-2004, 03:59 PM
That's a great questionaire!

And you definatly asked the right questions!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh for a minute there I thought she might have found a new home. But I'm glad you're being extra cautious. It really doesn't pay to not be cautious and then find her dumped back at the park in a few years. And besides, in the meantime, while you're looking, you get the pleasure of her company yourselves! :D

Is Barney warming up to her at all? ;) :)

kimlovescats
02-24-2004, 10:37 PM
How "convenient" that this adoptee suddenly fell through when you asked a few questions!!!:rolleyes:

Great job, Avon deserves the best.... well, she already has the best!!! :D

catmandu
02-25-2004, 09:15 AM
That covers jusyt about everything that I would ask! Although I would ask , if you found t=your favorite commerative plate , smashed to the floor , would you still love Avon. JJJ3 passed that test , as it is only a plate!

amoore
02-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
That covers jusyt about everything that I would ask! Although I would ask , if you found t=your favorite commerative plate , smashed to the floor , would you still love Avon. JJJ3 passed that test , as it is only a plate!

Ditto! Catmandu I could never have said it better! My feelings exactly!:)