PDA

View Full Version : Update on the injured dogs....

Glacier
02-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, we told Jim about his dogs--he was sad, upset and worried, but all in all took the news very well! One of his nurses is a musher who knew we'd had a wolf through the yard so he had already heard half the story. I think the massive amounts of morphine he needs right now took the edge off a bit too.

The dogs, whose names are Diesel and Hobo, have to spend the night at the vet. They are in rough shape and very doped up right now. I got to spend some time with them this evening. doG, do they look awful. They have large areas shaved and their skin is just black with bruising. They each have several drains in huge puncture wounds. Dr. Rick is amazed that they made it through the attack. They are little troopers--not a peep out of them. Seeing all the wounds made me realize how extreme their pain must have been last night and yet they let two strangers load them into a truck. That had to hurt like h*ll and they never made a sound.

Unfortunately, when the wolf pulled on Hobo's tail, he ripped his rectum. Dr. Rick has done the best he can to fix it, but there is a chance that Hobo won't regain full control of his bowels. They should be released tomorrow and I plan to take Wednesday off work to make sure they are doing alright.

We haven't mentioned it to Jim yet, but if he decides these two won't be able to be sled dogs again, we have decided they have a home here.

delidog
02-24-2004, 04:31 AM
Oh Poor Babies!!!!
Thank You for Caring them so well!!!!

It doesn't sound like either one of them will be mushing any time soon!!!!!

Thats' Wonderful of you to offer them a Forever Home!!!!!

{{{{ Gentle Hugs}}}}} and Sled Dog Treats for Hobo and Diesel!!!!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-24-2004, 06:23 AM
I just read your other post about the wolves attacking the dogs. I am so glad to know that they are doing better. Poor babies!
Diesel and Hobo will be in my thoughts.

pitc9
02-24-2004, 07:07 AM
OMG!!

Here's prayers and get well wishes for everyone!!!!!

Felicia's Mom
02-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the update. My prayers go out for Diesel and Hobo.

Logan
02-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Glacier, thank you for doing to so much to care for these dogs. I do hope that over time, they will improve, and that their "human" will be getting better as well. I will keep them all in my prayers.

Logan

Dog1,Cats2
02-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Wow - poor dogs! I hope they recover well. And how wonderful that you're willing to take care of them, whether temporarily or permanently!

ramanth
02-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Thank you for the update. :) I continue to send healing thoughts to all of them.

*HUGS*

CathyBogart
02-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Poor pups, thanks you for being so wonderful, and for keeping us posted.

EssTer
02-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Poor Diesel and Hobo... IŽll pray for them... I really really really hope theyŽll get better and they can be sledding dogs again....