PDA

View Full Version : What kind of treats does your dog like?

*LabLoverKEB*
02-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Sadie likes:
Milkbones
Carrots!:)
Snasuges
Rawhides
Jerky treats
Nutro Treats
Petco Bar treats
Pig ears (yuck!)

ANY KIND OF TREAT!:)

What kind of treats do you buy for your dogs? I'm trying to try new things with her. Thanks!

Kfamr
02-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Nala likes anything.

Simba likes Milkbones, Beggin' Strips, and home-made treats.

Oh, they're not exactly treats like milkbones, but both of my pups like Greenies.

DogLover9501
02-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Piddle:
Lean Pupporoni(His favorite) and wont eat them unless their lean:o
Puppy Milkbones(lol he will only eat puppy ones)
Raw cow/pig bones from the butcher
Hot rods/Beef jerky from the store
Ice cream is his favorite treat!!

Jasper:
ANY/ALL Treats :o but mostly scooby snacks

Wiggles:
None, maybe sometimes a beggin' strip

*LabLoverKEB*
02-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah, Greenies! Sadie loves those! Totally forgot about those!:)

binka_nugget
02-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Kai loves all those softer treats like, Jerky Treats, beggin strips, those soft milkbone things, pupperoni and things like that. But, he doesn't get them any more cause I don't like the ingredients. His favorite treats would be cheese, carrots and liver (he'll eat 'em all! freeze dried/raw/cooked)

Kaedyn goes crazy for anything (except veggies). He seems to really like the homemade stuff most.

jenfer
02-23-2004, 11:15 PM
EVERYTHING!!! Gigi hasn't try too much of a variety, so I am not sure, but so far she eats ANYTHING I gave her. :o

pitc9
02-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Buddy will NOT eat Beggin' Strips (sp) or anything that looks like fake bacon. I have tried giving it to him before and he sat with it in his crate all day long and never touched it!!
They both LOVE snausages!!
And pretty much anything and everything else I give them!
Cheese is at the top of the list!
So are pancakes!

primabella
02-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Mickey loves the Marrobones but right now he is chewing *very* happily on his Jumbone. :)

He also loves apples, carrots, fennel and watermelon.

K9soul
02-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Mine aren't too picky, especially Tommy. The only treat I really buy for them are Old Mother Hubbard biscuits, Tasha especially likes the P-nuttier ones.

Otherwise they get various treats off and on that they love, like a bit of roast chicken, rice, piece of egg, cheese, carrot or tomato piece etc. :)

tikeyas_mom
02-24-2004, 03:48 PM
i make my own dog treats, the dogs like them, they have cranberries, bran, oatmeal, oxo flavoring, flour, milk, garlic, and peanut butter. :)

anna_66
02-24-2004, 05:09 PM
As long as it's a treat, they want it:D

But some of their favorites are:

Greenies
Liver Biscotti
Freeze-Dried Liver Treats
Chew Hooves (Huney's all time favorite!)
Bil-Jac Gooberlicious Dog Treats
And any home made cookies

*LabLoverKEB*
02-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Cute siggy, Anna!

Sadie loves the Old Mother Hubbard treats, too.
We haven't tried the Jumbones yet, though. The commercial is pretty cute, though! Have any of you seen it? "If your dog could use the telephone he'd call up and order this Jumbone!" lol I have a gift certificate to petco, I'll have to get one. ;)

Dogz
02-24-2004, 05:23 PM
My dogs pretty much like everything. I know they all like Scooby Snack, Jumbones, Rawhide, and any other kind of treats.

I have wanted to try the Greenies. Where can you get them?:)

cali
02-24-2004, 05:40 PM
lol my dogs get any sort of commercil dog food so rarly they they think kibble is a bowl full of cookies lol. (no I dont buy kibble, I win small bags at tourniments sometimes though) but they pretty much like anything, well happy hates pork, and shadow hates duck, and Ripley cant tolerate fish. atherwise they will eat absoulty anything lol

dappledoxie
02-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Claire likes any treat but she looooves Greenies!!!

I usually buy...

Dogwiches
Breath Busters
Beggin Strips
Lean Treats
and lots more. They have their own little treat jar, lol! :D

tutebugs
02-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Chipper likes

rawhides
rawhides
rawhides
rawhides
pigz in a blanket
his nylabone (although not really a treat)

dukedogsmom
02-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Duke loves greenies and wagwells chewy treats. But he ADORES these chicken things and I can't remember the name. I think they're called k9 carry outs. They are smoked and look like chicken strips that have been grilled.

sabies
02-24-2004, 07:39 PM
pig ears are Sadie's favorite!

anna_66
02-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*
Cute siggy, Anna!

Thank you:D

lovemyshiba
02-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Val--
I know exactly what you are talking about!! My dogs love those ones too!!! They look like real chicken!!!!!!

Mine love greenies, any old mother hubbard, wellness yogurt, apples, and bananas, carrots, milk bones (except for Abbey--she will not touch a milk bone), t-bones, scooby snacks--they'll eat almost anything!!!

tikeyas_mom
02-24-2004, 11:04 PM
personally i try to aviod dog treats with BHA, corn, and by products.. well i dont try to avoid them, I do avoid them lol.
For my own reasons.
I make my own doggie treats but if i do buy some, rarely, i will get dentabone, or denta sticks.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Mine love..

Greenies
Old Mother Hubbard Biscuits
Snausages
Beggin' Strips
Pupperoni
Milkbones
Rawhide
Dogwiches (They smell SO good! :p)

tikeyas_mom
02-24-2004, 11:23 PM
I gave Tikeya a raw hide about a year ago and she choked on a splinter!!! :eek: i havent given her one since..

catnapper
02-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Nicki's #1 choice is the doggy icecream... I think they are called Frosty Paws.

She also loves:
human pizza... not that she gets it often
Nutro cookies
The neighbor's dog cookies - they're IAMS but she likes them because the neighbor gives them to her:D

bizdevguy
02-25-2004, 03:21 PM
He loves crunchy treats, any of them will do....but Jumbone makes him sick to his stomach for some reason (I told Pedigree that and they sent me TONS of coupons!!).

His favorite human treats are pizza crust and licking the ice cream container when I'm done with it. :)

I am gonna have to try Greenies, since everyone's raving about them!

Logan
02-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Mine love everything, Sarah, and I think the "greed" factor comes in because there is competition. I love nothing better than to have those four faces staring at me and doing anything I want them to, just for a treat!

In the most recent Pet Talk gift swap, K9 Karen sent us some Vitakraft teats that almost look like Oreos, reversed! The dogs LOVE them!!!! They truly look good enough for human consumption too!! :)

But what I usually buy (and some people will get angry at this) is the IAMS Weight Maintenance biscuits in the blue box. They will chow down on those too! I limit them to two treats, each, per day. They are already "rolly polly" dogs and we're working hard to get their weight down!

Logan