PDA

View Full Version : Great Escape II

RICHARD
02-23-2004, 05:49 PM
I had another great escape happen yesterday...

The best part about having a smart cat is

He never wanders far.
He knows his turf pretty well.
He knows his name.
He knows where home is-
and he knows how to follow orders.

I came back from a job yesterday and popped over to mom's for a visit....I took Edward with me because I hadn't spent any time with him for the last few days.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the gate, one of the guys that lived in the neighborhood came out to tell me that
his brother had passed away......during the conversation mom
stuck her head out the door to tell me that Edward had waltzed out the door I left open...

I held my breath and walked back towards my house to look for him.....I thought for a second and walked into the area in between the houses there from behind the BBQ was a white tail peeking out from around the corner.

I couldn't reach him from my position so I said his name and told him it was time to go.....he turned around and walked over to me...I picked him up and returned him to the Great Indoors...

He had walked around the house and back towards my house...
I don't know if his has built in auto pilot or the instincts of a homing pigeon but I am thankful he doesn't bolt or get carried away with his freedom....

slick
02-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I can just see him now:

"Hmmmmm if I sneak under here Dad will never find me and I can finally have my freedom to find my true love, Kylie":D

You are one lucky human that he's so smart and sticks around.

Max will come when called, especially when he can hear the sound of the can opener.

catnapper
02-23-2004, 07:32 PM
He obviously knows that inside mom's house has a fireplace. Hiding behind a BBQ or sitting in front of a fireplace... hmmmmm.... it looks like he thought a fireplace was a better deal.

CatDad
02-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Happy to hear that Eddie came back.:)

Being so smart he knew where the comfy place and food are at.:D

catmandu
02-24-2004, 09:17 AM
I , too am glad that Eddie came back. JJJ3 does come back , but not before he wanders the neighborhood!Worrying his Old Dad , half to death.

Barbara
02-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Of course I'm glad Eddie went back. But he's an adventurous boy, for sure:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I think Eddie is like a teenager. He just has to push the boundaries to see what he can get away with.

Glad he listened (unlike a teenager) when you went to get him. :)

shais_mom
02-24-2004, 11:20 PM
OH EDDIE~~
Thank goodness you came home!!!
I wouldn't know what to do if you had gotten lost!!!
I myself have tried to escape a time or 2 but my meowmie always chases and catches me. She says I wouldn't come home!!!
Stay Safe!
Love
Kylie