PDA

View Full Version : Avon Making Herself At Home

K & L
02-23-2004, 11:25 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p1ead916f063b6c46bb65660579d24202/f98b0db7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p32c5b7f45108df87c1c9ae6877127b8d/f98b0dc1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pe1ec6c74028b10793d9814ecc1a1fa77/f98b0dcc.jpg

Freckles
02-23-2004, 11:27 AM
caption for picture three.

"You're not going to make me move, are you?"

catcrazylady
02-23-2004, 12:11 PM
She looks like she has lived there all of her life. You guys sure do provide a wonderful home. I'm guessing you have had no luck in finding anyone to take Avon.
She sure is a cutie pie!!

Twink
02-23-2004, 12:53 PM
She looks just like my old roommate's cat, Marty. Except Marty was never one to make himself comfortable on a lap.

She looks like she is, indeed, making herself at home. And happily so! Is she wrapping her little pawsies around your heart yet? ;)

K & L
02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
She looks like she has lived there all of her life. You guys sure do provide a wonderful home. I'm guessing you have had no luck in finding anyone to take Avon.
She sure is a cutie pie!!

Actually, I received this note this morning:

“I received an e-mail from one of my colleagues who may know someone who wants Avon. He asked me about her age. Do you have an estimate?”

OK, now the dilemma is…..this is a friend of a friend. How do we know Avon will be getting a good home? Are we being too picky here? I have mixed emotions. We do not want nor need another cat, but …..I don’t want to let her go to just anyone. Your thoughts?

kimlovescats
02-23-2004, 01:39 PM
My thoughts... you are feeling my feelings!!!!:eek: :D
This is exactly why I have kept so many, Lisa .... it's so hard to trust someone else to treat them like WE treat them! Avon looks so very happy with you and Kevin, but I can certainly understand it if you need to place her! ;)

BTW, where did you get that fabulous cat dish on the iron stand? I need one like that!!! :D

K & L
02-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
My thoughts... you are feeling my feelings!!!!:eek: :D
This is exactly why I have kept so many, Lisa .... it's so hard to trust someone else to treat them like WE treat them! Avon looks so very happy with you and Kevin, but I can certainly understand it if you need to place her! ;)

BTW, where did you get that fabulous cat dish on the iron stand? I need one like that!!! :D

It is SO hard. *sigh* I don't know what we'll do. She's so sweet. Anyway, got the dishes at TJMaxx! There's another one next to that one. Do you have a TJMaxx?

Twink
02-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Make them fill out an application. Isn't that what some of the more reputable breeders do, since they're sending their cats home with people who are complete strangers? If this is someone who would hold Avon (or any cat) in as high regard as you do, they wouldn't mind the extra effort. And you could pose questions on the application that would give you some idea of what sort of home they would give Avon. Just a suggestion. Might be kind of silly, but hey, it might give you some peace of mind, too.

K & L
02-23-2004, 01:46 PM
No, not silly!! An excellent idea! We're just not good at fostering. We get way too attached and worry where they go.

catcrazylady
02-23-2004, 01:55 PM
I feel for you. That is why I keep saying that I can't foster because I know that I could not and would not trust anyone else.
Maybe if you had this person call you so you could give them all the info about Avon. You could get a feel for the home and you could always tell them later that you changed your mind and realized you couldn't give her up now. I think I would want to talk to them personally instead of just seeing words on paper. You might even be able to stay in contact with them and keep up with how she is doing.
Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.

catland
02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Could you also do a site inspection? this might help some of your anxieties.

She's so cute and sweet - I can see why you would be so reluctant to let her go.

rg_girlca
02-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Oh gosh, Avon is such a pretty girl.
In regards to our thoughts, would it be possible for this friend of a friend to come to your house to see Avon and be willing to sit through an interview. Looking directly at a person's eyes when talking to them can tell a lot about them.
This is what we had to do when we went to a foster home to get a new kitty. The lady sat us down and talked with us for about an hour with questions inbetween. We brought home our Katie girl. She also kept in contact with us for a couple of weeks and gave us a surprise visit one day also.
She said that she was so happy that Katie had found a good loving home and was leaving with no worries on her mind.
Just a thought on my part.
:)

jenluckenbach
02-23-2004, 08:02 PM
An applications AND a home visit are NOT out of line! We deliver our cats tot heir new homes to at least get a feel for the place.

CatDad
02-23-2004, 08:06 PM
She looks very comfy with you too. Thanks for the pictures.:D

I understand how you feel, and is also the reason that I could not foster. I have a hard time leaving my to in the care of good firends. I know that they wil take care of them, but will it be as good as me.:eek::) I worry too much.

I like the interview idea, you can tell alot from a person by talking to them. Also, how well do you know the person that you got the email from, could you maybe ask them for a referal on this person.

Good luck with your decision, I do not envy you.

Vio&Juni
02-24-2004, 02:46 AM
I feel for you too!

We found a kitty once and after looking for her owners (she was a great Siamese, no idea why we could not find them :confused: ), a friend just decided to take her in. I knew he liked her, but I didn't know how his family would react - they were more of dog people. His family loved her and she had a good home for the rest of her life.

I think the idea of filling in a form is good :)

Barbara
02-24-2004, 03:44 AM
Filou's and Tigris' former owners came for a home visit here and I appreciated that.
I think for a responsible person it will be very understandable:)

But I agree with everyone: with such a cute on my knees I wouldn't think of giving her to another home anymore.

catmandu
02-24-2004, 09:10 AM
There are some Cats , that can just go into a new place , and they are at home. Moose , JJJ3 and Nugget were all like that , you would have thought that they were Resident Cats , all along! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWW To Avon , from all of US!