PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Liberal or a Texan?

jonza
02-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Now please don't attack me for this, it isn't a criticism of anyone, but apparently, due to my weird sense of humor most of the jokes I like belong in the Dog House!

Situational Issue:
You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40 pistol and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What do you do?

Libereral's Answer:
Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun and what kind of message does this send to society and my children? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative's Answer:
BANG!

Texan's Answer:
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... sounds of reloading.
Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving."
Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.
Daughter: "Nice group, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?" :eek:

RICHARD
02-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Well,

A Texan wouldn't carry a Glock..

He'd carry a S&W .38 long barrel.;)

ramanth
02-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Richard's right. I think you'd find a Glock in Detroit. ;)

And to answer, I must be conservative. ;) :D

Karen
02-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Neither.

My answer?
Bang. Bang.

Two shots - one to each knee. He'd be incapacitated, and my family's safe. While I kick the knife away, another family member will use a cell phone to call the cops.

RICHARD
02-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Neither.

My answer?
Bang. Bang.

She bangs, She bangs.......

lol,

I love that kid!

http://www.williamhung.net/default.php

G.P.girl
02-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
[B]She bangs, She bangs.......

lol,

I love that kid!

me too! did you know he got a recording contract? i would definatly buy his CD;)

Shelteez2
02-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
me too! did you know he got a recording contract? i would definatly buy his CD;)

You've got to be kidding me. I felt so embarrassed for him when I saw his tryout. I don't understand why or how he's become so popular. As for giving him a recording contract?? What the heck??

dukedogsmom
02-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm a Texan. If he lives, he'll sue you so fast you wouldn't know what was happening. And the bad thing about it is, he'd probably win.

G.P.girl
02-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
You've got to be kidding me. I felt so embarrassed for him when I saw his tryout. I don't understand why or how he's become so popular. As for giving him a recording contract?? What the heck??
nope...i'm not kidding.
heres one story i found:
"

Date Posted: February 23, 2004

BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) -- The "American Idol" judges said William Hung bombed with his gotta-see-it-to-believe-it rendition of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs."

But rejection turned out to have a silver -- maybe even platinum -- lining. In the weeks since he got booted by the TV talent show, the 21-year-old Hung has become an insta-Net celebrity, sought after by talk shows, record producers and Idol dreamers everywhere.

By now, unless your TV set is permanently tuned to PBS, you've probably seen Hung in action -- arms waving over his head, hips following the beat of an entirely different drummer as he cheerfully attacks Martin's song.

The song fights back; the song wins. And yet the mild-mannered civil engineering student is undeniably charming, his reedy tenor bringing a boyish exuberance to the sexy lyrics.

"I love him! I love him!" a laughing Ellen DeGeneres told her talk show audience after Hung came on to perform an abbreviated version of "Shake Your Bon Bon," another Martin song (Hung is a huge Ricky fan).

What has people so hung up on Hung?

Is it the shy, toothy smile? The accent?

The dance moves, just a few funks short of funkadelic?

His fans say it's all that, combined with his fearless -- or clueless if you ask caustic "Idol" judge Simon Cowell -- pursuit of an unlikely dream.

"He's not full of himself. He's just down-to-earth," says Andrea Michaelian, a San Francisco-area teenager who with a friend created www.williamhung.reallyrules.com. "He's like an unintentional celebrity so it's cool."

Hung, who was born in Hong Kong but moved to Southern California with his family as a child, has always been interested in music. But he was concentrating on a steadier line of work, studying at the University of California, Berkeley, until he won a dorm talent contest singing, of course, "She Bangs."

Last September, he decided to try out for "American Idol" in San Francisco, appearing before judges Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson.

It didn't go well. Cowell stopped him with a curt, "You can't sing, you can't dance, so what do you want me to say?"

Some contestants argue when they get the Cowell cutoff; others cry. Said Hung, "I already gave my best and I have no regrets at all."

The judges were disarmed but not swayed by his cheerful sincerity. Producers put the segment on the air as an example of how not to be -- part of the show's appeal, especially in the early rounds of competition, is watching hopefuls crash and burn.

But Hung was different, evoking more support than schadenfreude.

"Everyone's having fun with it," says Jared Levy, a fellow UC-Berkeley student. "It's completely different from everyone else's auditions who didn't make it. He said, 'You know what? That's OK."'

Twisterdog
02-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Well,

A Texan wouldn't carry a Glock..

He'd carry a S&W .38 long barrel.;)

That's right. Also, the liberal wouldn't be carrying a gun at all.

;)

I'm a conservative Texan, I suppose. I wouldn't take the time to reload, but I'd empty the clip. ;)

ramanth
02-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I'm a Texan. If he lives, he'll sue you so fast you wouldn't know what was happening. And the bad thing about it is, he'd probably win.
I think that goes for just about any state. We've had MI police officers that say if you feel your life is threatened, shoot to kill. Or the person attacking you can and most likely will sue you.

Rottieluver45
02-24-2004, 09:51 PM
She bangs, She bangs.......

lol,

I love that kid!

http://www.williamhung.net/default.php

I love him!! He`s famous for being a horrible singer!! I could do that!!!!

trayi52
02-24-2004, 10:29 PM
His name is Hung? Well... I have never heard of him yet! Guess I need to start watching more television!!

I guess it would be bang, bang, bang, bang etc. with a smith and wesson. So what does that make me?? ;)

RICHARD
02-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Smith & Wesson chairman quits over criminal record
By Associated Press

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- The new chairman of the board of Smith & Wesson's parent company resigned following reports that he committed a string of armed robberies in the 1950s and 1960s.

James Joseph Minder, who had been an outside director of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp., said he submitted his resignation voluntarily at a directors meeting this week.

"I felt it was the best thing for the company, given the circumstances," Minder, 74, told The Republican newspaper in Springfield for Thursday's editions.

Company officials did not immediately return telephone calls seeking comment. The newspaper said the gun maker was expected to name a replacement on Friday.

The resignation by Minder, who lives in Scottsdale, Ariz., came three weeks after The Arizona Republic reported that he had spent more than 10 years in Michigan prisons in the 1950s and 1960s for a string of armed robberies and an attempted prison escape.

Minder said he didn't disclose his criminal past to the other directors of the 150-year-old gun company prior to his election as chairman in mid-January.