PDA

View Full Version : What a good doggy, I have :)

Christiansmommy
02-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Yesterday, i had let Dale outside in the backyard to do his business, and play. It was late and very dark. I was in the other room, as well as my husband (pretty far from the back door of the house, where we would let him in)...and i had heard him barking...well, he is a dog, and he is known to bark, so i didnt think anything of it, and let him stay out a little longer....

So i walk into the living room, and heard the barking coming from the front door of the house! Our BACK YARD is fenced in, to remind you,...so i open the FRONT door, and it was Dale standing there barking to come in!! The side gate was open, so he wandered into the front, and thankfully, ran up to our front door, to ask to come in! It was real dark out too, and he managed to know to come to the front door, instread of wandering away somewhere...God forbid!!

Anyway, it was a little scary when i first noticed it, but then i just praised him for being such a good doggy, and asking to come in.

Just thought I would share this scary, yet good experience...good dog, Dale! :)

Robyn

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-23-2004, 08:08 AM
What a great boy you are, Dale!!

I bet you were terrified at what could have happened! I am glad that Dale was smart enough to come around to the front door!

pitc9
02-23-2004, 08:19 AM
GOOD BOY DALE!!!!!

Logan
02-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Oh, Robyn, I know your heart had to stop for a second or two. That is the scariest feeling, isn't it??? :eek:

So glad you do have a good "doggy" in Dale, so he knew exactly what to do!!!

Lock those gates, girl, for everyone's sanity!!!!! :)

K9soul
02-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Good good boy Dale! I bet you praised him like crazy! Give that good boy a hug from me too!

Karen
02-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Extra biscuit and a bellyrub to Dale from me! Will he be attending this year's Pet Talk, PA? ;)

ramanth
02-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Good boy Dale!! :D

Christiansmommy
02-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Extra biscuit and a bellyrub to Dale from me! Will he be attending this year's Pet Talk, PA? ;)

Yes, with bells on! :) Is there a date set yet?

captain
02-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Dale - what a clever dog you are!!!!

dukedogsmom
02-23-2004, 05:51 PM
What a good boy Dale was! I hope he was rewarded with treats and extra loving. Smart doggie you've got, there.