PDA

View Full Version : He said it!!

Sirrahsim
02-23-2004, 06:36 AM
My sweet adorable macho self-proclaimed "cat tormentor" reffered to himself as "Daddy" while talking to Boomer:) He had just gotten home from work. I was telling him about my day and about what a good boy Boomer was today. To my surprise he scooped up Boomer and gave him a few kisses on the nosie and then said " Were you a good little boy for Mommy today? You stayed off Daddy's bed? Good Boomer!" I was shocked speechless cause he did this right in front of me, but I forced myself to remain calm so that I didn't spook my hunny:) I don't even know if he realized that he had referred to himself as "Daddy" but I'm sure not going to ask him about it and risk ruining a good thing!
Yay!:) My hunny is warming up to my kitty:):):):):):)

Twink
02-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Whoohoo! Score one for CatMoms everywhere! :D :D :D

But really, how could he help but love Boomer? It was just a matter of time before he let it slip. ;) You're very wise not to mention it, though. 'Cause if you did, he'd probably never let down his guard again. ;)

My hubby swears up and down that he doesn't like Rizzo, much less love him. And then he proceeds to scoop him up, hold him like a baby, bring him over to me so that we can both hug and scritch him at the same time, and kisses him on the head before he puts him down!!! :D And he's taught him to play tag (oh joy, oh joy, I am SO glad that I can't walk from one room to another without having my ankles swatted now. :rolleyes: ). AND, I've caught him saying things like "Who's a good kitty?" in what can only be described as baby talk. So . . . there!

Husbands are great, aren't they? :D :D :D

sirrahved
02-23-2004, 07:50 AM
awww, there's a big softie in there after all!:D

cubby31682
02-23-2004, 08:13 AM
I know how you feel. My husband at first he always told me he hated cats. When I got Cubby he was ok with him, then as time went on he started saying Daddy's home. Or something like that. Now he calls himself daddy all the time. It's so funny to watch him. It's always come to daddy, or daddy's home, you can't have daddy's chicken. So on and so forth.

Dog1,Cats2
02-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Thats just tooooo sweet!

catnapper
02-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Awww Boomer, you are such a charmer that you've melted daddy's heart! And why not? You are one wonderful bunch of love!

Too cute to witness him say that so brazenly! Perhaps he was "trying it out" to see how it felt to say it in front of you!;) :D :)

catmandu
02-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Thats nice that Boomer has two people , who love him that much.I know that when I was in the Hospital , the Cat Sitters were starting ti make friends , as the Cats must have assumed that I was on the way to the Rainbow Bridge!

CatDad
02-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I am happy to hear that he is comming around. I was pretty sure that he would, with the other stuff that you have told us.

I think that you are taking the right direction and not pushing him. Pretty soon he will be able to admit it to himself.:D

catcrazylady
02-24-2004, 05:59 AM
YIPPEE!!! It's now officially out in the open!! Another human wrapped around a paw!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Sirrahsim
02-24-2004, 06:19 AM
lol!! I knew it was only a matter of time!:)