PDA

View Full Version : Random things about Gigi and a few pictures.

jenfer
02-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Gigi had puppy class yesterday. We were practice "leave it"... as Gigi is a little pig, she didn't do too well... :o (We are still working on that command) And next Sat will be her "graduation". haha... I am afraid if there is an exam she will not pass the class. :o She just loooooooves to eat and can be easily distracted.
We finally went to the park close to my house today cuz it's warm. There is a nice pavement around the play ground, so we were taking a nice walk... we were walking fine until there are other people. Gigi wants to go to that person and get petted. That's how she is: VERY friendly and want everyone to say hi to her and pet her, so we proceed with walking after a few minutes of interruption right there and she seems like she is not too interested in walking any more. She is too busy watching other people and looking for people who will pet her. So we sit on the bench and just enjoy the sun. Being a OVER-PROTECTIVE mother, I am afraid (so is my sister) that if we let her walk on the grass (on a leash) she will just eat whatever she can found there (remember she LOVES to eat ANYTHING), so I am wondering what I should do. We are going to train a little bit more on leash walking, but until then I just want some advice. She is just a little vaccum cleaner and will most likely eat anything she can found on the floor.
Ok, enough of my long talk, just a few pics from the park...

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/22453909905_0_ALB.jpg

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/14453909905_0_ALB.jpg

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/25194909905_0_ALB.jpg

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/33426909905_0_ALB.jpg

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenfer/gigi/75426909905_0_ALB.jpg

DogLover9501
02-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Gigi had puppy class yesterday. We were practice "leave it"... as Gigi is a little pig, she didn't do too well... :o

lol that part made me laugh, little pig :p

Hope the "leave it" command gets better lol Jasper would never leave anything :p and I hope Gigi has a fun graduation!!

Cute pictures :D

K9soul
02-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Wow Gigi is growing and maturing so fast. Her face looks much more adult-like than the last time you posted pictures. She's such a beautiful little doxie.

Leave it is a tough lesson, harder for some dogs than others. I can get Tasha to 'leave it' fairly easily, but Tommy is a pig just like Gigi :p. He's more likely to try and choke something down faster when I say leave it than anything :rolleyes:. I'll have to work with him more on that.

robinh
02-22-2004, 07:33 PM
I think the "little pig" is just a part of the doxies. My two are the same.

Those are such great pictures. She is so cute!

dappledoxie
02-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Awwww what great pics! Claire is like that too, a little pig and loooooooves people! :D

jenfer
02-22-2004, 08:20 PM
heehee... it's great to know that me and Gigi are not alone. :D

clara4457
02-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Jenfer - you are doing great!!! How old is Gigi now - 3 months? I am sure that Gigi is going to graduate with flying colors.

As far as walking in the grass - remember that dog's don't have the sensitive stomachs we have, so if she inadvertently eats something she is not supposed to before you catch her, don't worry about too much. The good news is that she is small and it would be easy to pick her up and get her away from anything bad pretty easily. :)

I think it is great that she is approaching other people for socialization. One of the biggest mistakes that new dog owners make is that they don't take their dogs out and about enough, so as they get older they are not used to new people and places. Continue to get her out as much as possible around new people and new places - it will make both your lives that much better.

Gigi is growing into a beautiful dog!! Keep the pictures coming!!:D

jenfer
02-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Wow Gigi is growing and maturing so fast. Her face looks much more adult-like than the last time you posted pictures. She's such a beautiful little doxie.

Thanks. :D And she is really growing fast (way too fast)! I missed the tiny little Gigi! I saw this tiny dapple doxie after class yesterday and Gigi was smelling the tiny baby and she looks like a giant compared to that baby. heehee... :)

Clara: Gigi is 4 months now. And thanks for your info. I am always so afraid that she will eat something on the ground and get sick. Now I feel better and will take her out more often. :D

micki76
02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Great pics Jen! Any more?

Chester is pretty good with "drop it", but Millie is the world's worst. She'll just scarf it down in a flash instead. :rolleyes:

Glad she's doing so good with people. We were too busy building our house and stuff when Chester was that young and he didn't get socialized very well at all. Ocne we got settled, we spent a LOT of time at Petsmart & Petco. We then did obedience classes and socialization, too. It was very hard at that age, but he's a little social butterfly now when we go to Petsmart. He wants to see everyone and meet every dog!

jenfer
02-22-2004, 10:19 PM
I heard that they may swallow faster if you are trying to get it out of their mouths?? :confused: :confused:

micki76
02-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
I heard that they may swallow faster if you are trying to get it out of their mouths?? :confused: :confused:

Millie will swallow it faster even if I tell her to drop it, but Chester won't- he's a good boy and drops it. And Aneko just bites. :p

jenfer
02-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Millie will swallow it faster even if I tell her to drop it, but Chester won't- he's a good boy and drops it. And Aneko just bites. :p

That's what I am afraid. Gigi does that too! We were practicing "leave it" today and she swallowed a big piece of treat. :rolleyes:

Miss Meow
02-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by jenfer
That's what I am afraid. Gigi does that too! We were practicing "leave it" today and she swallowed a big piece of treat. :rolleyes:

We were taught to use the 'give' command. When asking them to give up something in their mouths, we'd quickly offer them something just as good in return, such as a toy. The theory is that they'll be happy to give up whatever revolting thing is in their mouths (ie the dead rat found in the shed last week ...) in exchange for whatever less revolting thing we might have for them.

Nice in theory and in Planet Buffy, but Schnaggles has deleted the word give from his vocabulary!

She's looking great and purple is so becoming to her!